Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Puella Magi Madoka★Magica: Firmament {She died for your Follies}  (Read 11582 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Puella Magi Madoka★Magica: Firmament {She died for your Follies}
« Reply #105 on: October 30, 2014, 03:16:12 pm »

I mean, we are a lich. What kind of lameass lich dosn't have an army of disposable zombie minions?
We don't know we're a lich. GM told us to play blind, remember?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 03:17:44 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 30, 2014, 03:49:03 pm »

Thats OOC, silly. Of couse the IC reason is that, well, she died for our idiocy.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 30, 2014, 04:11:54 pm »

We don't need Helga for anything really, we're just wishing her back to life because she died for us and because she's our friend. Friends bring other friends back to life.

Pshaw. She's no true companion if she got killed off this easily. We need better friends - friends who trust in our judgment and don't go investigating shit they really shouldn't, for one. That'd be a good way to spare oneself a lot of grief.
We nearly got killed off this easily too, though. This wasn't some "Rookie NO!" moment, this was us getting curbstomped, then her getting curbstomped, then something ambiguous that I still don't understand, then us finally rolling a crit. We didn't trust her judgement and certainly didn't refrain from investigating things we really shouldn't either, for that matter.

There's probably a nonzero chance we could find a more obedient lackey, but I don't think we're going to get a more loyal or competent ally.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 30, 2014, 04:34:00 pm »

We nearly got killed off this easily too, though. This wasn't some "Rookie NO!" moment, this was us getting curbstomped, then her getting curbstomped, then something ambiguous that I still don't understand, then us finally rolling a crit. We didn't trust her judgement and certainly didn't refrain from investigating things we really shouldn't either, for that matter.

There's probably a nonzero chance we could find a more obedient lackey, but I don't think we're going to get a more loyal or competent ally.

We need lackeys more than we need allies - allies are going to get murdered by hideous monsters and make us very, very sad and angry. This is no good. Lackeys, or rather normal friends we can hang out with once in a while to stave off the massive feelings of inferiority and angst ol' Chelsea seems to be full of, we should have in abundance. People who aren't going to run out and get themselves murderized at the first opportunity, in a manner of speaking, even if that's who Chelsea herself seems perfectly willing to be. She ought to keep her life partitioned and sane as a general rule, after all.

As for us investigating things we really shouldn't, coming into terrible places and performing acts of ultraviolence on beasties is kind of our job now. And bringing more people, especially people we like (though we may want to look into recruiting people we hate to help out) into such an incredibly lethal occupation seems not only wantonly selfish, but also ultimately counterproductive for one's lasting sanity.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 30, 2014, 04:45:43 pm »

O no HELGA! there was no way I saw this happening...

[ jk ] give up

X GET THE FUKIN' GRIEF MATE!
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 31, 2014, 01:05:15 am »

We wished for more wishes. We'll be fine. Or at least Chelsea thinks she'll be fine. What's the worst that could possibly happen?

Gah! I had forgotten that. In that case.

[X] Wish Helga back to life

I mean, we are a lich. What kind of lameass lich dosn't have an army of disposable zombie minions?
You ever see a magical girl have an army of disposable zombie minions? :P

Also, Grab the Grief Seed. No point wishing Helga back; probably some horrible fucked up consequences to it.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 31, 2014, 01:07:42 am »

Also, Grab the Grief Seed. No point wishing Helga back; probably some horrible fucked up consequences to it.
But Chelsea doesn't know that, does she? As far as she knows wishes are granted in the way the user thinks of them. It worked for her wish, after all.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 31, 2014, 01:10:46 am »

Still, the fuck else are you going to do? For all she knows, the seed might give her a wish, and she might instinctively know to grab the thing. Or it's just something curious to look at.

Either way, no point in leaving it alone.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 31, 2014, 01:45:36 am »

You're confused El'. Chelsea's been hunting witches for a little while now and knows what to do with grief seeds. We're discussing whether to wish Helga back to life because we wished for more wishes in exchange for becoming a magical girl.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 31, 2014, 01:53:35 am »

Ah.

Still, grab it. If that seed gets full, ain't no wish going to save anyone. When we're not about to turn into giant monsters, then we can think about wishing our friend back to life.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 31, 2014, 01:57:24 am »

It would probably be wise to mention that besides this one we have another one spare. It's mentioned in the first page.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 31, 2014, 04:27:50 am »

Then use the grief seed. It doesn't matter if the wish works or not if she's dead before she sees it work.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 31, 2014, 04:42:27 am »

Of course, I'd already suggested doing that, but then I started arguing for why we should bring Helga back to life.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 31, 2014, 03:57:14 pm »

You'll need another wish to wish Helga back to life.
No guarantees it's a good thing,  though, even though tsubey does try to fill the word and intent of the wish.
Remember, one of the running themes of the setting is that wishes for other people rarely work and magic is not without cost, even if Chelsea does circumvent some rules ala HomuHomu.
But Helga is/was important. She was supposed to be the madoka to your sayaka, actually. But the dice and some hilarious, purposefully ill informed choices later...
My whole game is killing off Chelsea as quick as possible.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 09, 2014, 01:45:25 pm »

[X] Grab the Grief Seed

[Roll: 76 : SUCCESS]

You reach out a trembling hand to grab at the Grief Seed. Your first clutch comes a little bit early, and knocks it back.

The rain falls heavy, the sound of water striking the ground filling your hearing. Your hand splashes down in the puddle, sending muddy water up, and spattering the bottom of your arm with thick dirt and grime.

Back here, in this dark alley, there are no street lights. The sun hasn't quite set, but it's vanished over the rooftops of the tall buildings around you, bathing you in a deep twilight that seems to make the whole world grey and monotone.

You pull your elbow closer, scrunching up your body like a worm, and let yourself fall back into the dark, dirty water. You're back and able to grab the Grief Seed again.

You reach out, but again the Seed tumbles from your shaking grasp. Your uncoordinated clutches can't keep a hold on it long enough to bring it to your Soul Gem.

You can hear your heart beating. You can feel your will sapping. You lift yourself up and inch closer.

Someone steps on your wrist, drawing a strangled cry from you. In what seems like fast-forward, they swoop up your Grief Seed, and move their foot to press on the back of your neck, pushing your face into the water. Your first breath draws in only murk, and you cough and sputter it all out before you're able to slide your chin enough to the side to get a passage for air.

"Aww. Someone beat a witch. Ash, look."

"That's cute." Someone else is standing behind you. The two Puella Magi titter at themselves.

"Look at her gem though. I don't think we have green yet."

"I don't think we do. You want to take it? Not like the gutter trash can fight back."

You try to lift yourself up, but get roughly smashed back into the puddle. As you start coughing and puttering again, trying not to drown, a faint tinge of crimson creeps across the water. Your nose is bleeding.

The two Puella just titter again, like two hens playing with a worm. "I think she's trying!"

The one on your neck moves and you feel someone tug at your wrist. There's a soft, bell-like tone as your soul gem is taken that doesn't match up with the vague tearing sensation you feel inside. "Ooh, that is dirty! Oh my god, it's almost as black as she is! Look at it!"

As black as you? Your thoughts are muddled, but that strikes through a bit. You aren't particularly dark-skinned, so they must be at least a little racist. Or just trying to get a reaction out of you.

She steps a little harder on your neck, and you grit your teeth, stifling a groan. One of the vertebrae in your neck pops a little as it bends to make room for her heel. You still can't even see your attackers. The only thing you can look at is the Orthodox Church across the street on the other side of the alley.

You think maybe they were just going for the reaction.

"I'm tired of dealing with ghetto sluts, Lye. Let's get this gem back to the grotto and be done. I need one for my next project anyway."

"You don't even want the body?"

"Eww? No way, I use recyclables, not trash." The two Puella giggle again at their stupid joke.

There's a crushing pressure on your neck, and the two Puella seem to almost fly away. You feel your soul gem getting further and further away... and then there's a sensation of cleansing. A familiar one. Did they just clean your soulgem?

As your brain reattaches to reality, you're filled with one thought.

[CHOICE]

[X] Climb that building. You have to get your soul gem back.

[X] Get to the street. You have to find the other Puella's "Grotto"
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11