Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 92

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 457786 times)

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: << Dark Ages: Mythos of Rammok >> Vanilla + Horror [R1_40_19]
« Reply #150 on: December 06, 2014, 06:17:11 am »

What are the differences between the advanced worldgen params   -FULL and -HALF?

Also: unless you intentionally decreased the EMBARK_POINTS, your worldgen settings don't have enough. Default 40.19 worlds have [EMBARK_POINTS:1504], this increased recently (around 40.14?).

Also, any chance that you will support an ASCII-esque tilepack? I love the nice polish of some of them particulary: GrimFortress and Wanderlust. Is it much work to support a new one?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 08:04:42 am by rmblr »

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 07, 2014, 03:34:44 pm »

Yippee!

I finally got a nice configuration I'm happy with, one that fits the mood of Dark Ages, but isn't as raw on the eyes as the default tileset and color scheme.

Dark Ages w/ the Grim Fortress ASCII+ tile set, TWBT, and the Inconsolata font for increased readability!

Spoiler: Screenshots (click to show/hide)

Three-way merging is pretty easy in a tileset like Grim Fortress that doesn't use an creature graphics. I also had some success with the Wanderlust graphics set, and while it worked I decided the atmosphere wasn't right.

Here's a download link if anyone wants to try it out: https://github.com/Ramblurr/Grim-Fortress-DarkAges

I'm thinking of using one of Vherid's alternate color schemes to enhance the mood even further. Perhaps Sorrow or Fallen.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
Re: << Dark Ages: Mythos of Rammok >> Vanilla + Horror [R2_40_19] [LNPr1]
« Reply #152 on: December 07, 2014, 07:05:09 pm »

Dark Ages: Mythos of Rammok [R2_40_19]  [LNP_r2]
"Dark Age has fallen upon the world of Dwarf Fortress."
Download: http://www.dfdarkage.com/download.html
Description: Nature is in revolt. War is afoot. Cataclysm and mysticism have converged. The forces of darkness wear many disguises. Who will withstand Rammok, god of twilight? [Dark Ages is a horror + vanilla mod. No vanilla content is removed. DFHack is not required for operation.]

Dec-7-14 Changelog:
-Integrated with 0.40.19 Starter Pack R1/2 by PeridexisErrant.
-Pickaxe crafting in Fortress mode, using the Woodshop.
-Added Mystical Serpents: Strigoi Serpent Worm & Magi Serpent.
-Wizards can be (enslaved) Exotic Pets, like Fates.
-Druid transformation animals no longer appear in nature.
-Druid animals appear with correct caste names.
-Dire Great White Sharks enhanced. (More beaching too.)
-Demon dogs enhanced.
Complete Changelog: http://dfdarkage.com/changelog.html
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 11:19:25 pm by GM-X »
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #153 on: December 07, 2014, 07:29:59 pm »

Yippee!

I finally got a nice configuration I'm happy with, one that fits the mood of Dark Ages, but isn't as raw on the eyes as the default tileset and color scheme.

Dark Ages w/ the Grim Fortress ASCII+ tile set, TWBT, and the Inconsolata font for increased readability!

Spoiler: Screenshots (click to show/hide)

Three-way merging is pretty easy in a tileset like Grim Fortress that doesn't use an creature graphics. I also had some success with the Wanderlust graphics set, and while it worked I decided the atmosphere wasn't right.

Here's a download link if anyone wants to try it out: https://github.com/Ramblurr/Grim-Fortress-DarkAges

I'm thinking of using one of Vherid's alternate color schemes to enhance the mood even further. Perhaps Sorrow or Fallen.

Those screens look great. Very atmospheric.

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for the new release GM-X.

I've put the graphics packs up on github, along with GrimFortress. Downloading huge mega-bundles of DF releases in quite annoying, something I hope the community starts moving away from except as for initial releases. A modular approach is much better, especially when there is mixed platform specific and platform independent content. This will get easier in the future when PyLNP supports fetching content, rather than expecting it to come all bundled. 

Anyways, these repos They're LNP compatible, so you can just drop them in.

Dark Ages Graphics repo

Some Questions for GM-X

• What are the differences between the advanced worldgen params   -FULL and -HALF?
  • Did you nerf embark points intentionally? Vanilla DF at .19 has 1504 points, but your worldgens only have 1274
  • Can you please release a plain vanilla+Dark Ages changes version? So those of us not on windows can build our own versions without a headache.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 04:19:46 am by rmblr »

Rahk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I believe the only difference in the Half vs Full is the number of years of history.    Well got that wrong.  Guess I should have checked before I posted.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 12:53:57 pm by Rahk »

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for the new release GM-X.

I've put the graphics packs up on github, along with GrimFortress. Downloading huge mega-bundles of DF releases in quite annoying, something I hope the community starts moving away from except as for initial releases. A modular approach is much better, especially when there is mixed platform specific and platform independent content. This will get easier in the future when PyLNP supports fetching content, rather than expecting it to come all bundled. 

Anyways, these repos They're LNP compatible, so you can just drop them in.

Dark Ages Graphics repo

Some Questions for GM-X

• What are the differences between the advanced worldgen params   -FULL and -HALF?
  • Did you nerf embark points intentionally? Vanilla DF at .19 has 1504 points, but your worldgens only have 1274
  • Can you please release a plain vanilla+Dark Ages changes version? So those of us not on windows can build our own versions without a headache.

1) Half/Full is related to the population cap. Better FPS in half.
2) Embark points are reduced intentionally. Mess with them at your own risk.
3) I will release raws and an ASCII version too, eventually. Worked over 18-hours on [R2_40_19] this weekend.

Thanks for posting your stuff up. When/if you do zip up Linux versions, I'll be happy to post them.

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I believe the only difference in the Half vs Full is the number of years of history.

Howdy, have you taken a look at the Spacefox tileset for [R2_40_19] [Starter Pack 1]? Not sure if you had made additional modification to yours Spacefox version.

Rahk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Howdy, have you taken a look at the Spacefox tileset for [R2_40_19] [Starter Pack 1]? Not sure if you had made additional modification to yours Spacefox version.

Unfortunately, I had actually stopped using Spacefox, just because I didn't have enough time to really merge the new versions in.  I've actually just decided to use your Ironhand version since it was simpler for me.  It should be fairly straightforward to merge your new changes in, but some of the new items like the stepladder and what not will have to be made.  I'm not sure if there is a new Spacefox version for 40.19, I haven't had a chance to look.

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1) Half/Full is related to the population cap. Better FPS in half.
2) Embark points are reduced intentionally. Mess with them at your own risk.
3) I will release raws and an ASCII version too, eventually. Worked over 18-hours on [R2_40_19] this weekend.

Super! Thanks for the answers and for all the work, loving the mod :)

Thanks for posting your stuff up. When/if you do zip up Linux versions, I'll be happy to post them.

Will do :) I'm just not 100% confident its right, that's why I'm waiting for the raws only version.

Actually, is the "Ascii Default" in the LNP/Graphics folder (in your latest LNP release) the raws only version? My "working" linux version is that directory copied into the DF linux folder.

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i'm stuck on loading coin information when i try to start a new fortress or go to legend mode, any ideas how to fix it? same stuff on diffrent world sizes etc.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

i'm stuck on loading coin information when i try to start a new fortress or go to legend mode, any ideas how to fix it? same stuff on diffrent world sizes etc.

Running default. Try again using the Ironhand Dark Ages tileset. If the problem persists, turn off dfhack and try again. If it still hangs, I have no idea what is going on. Coins aren't modded either.

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 09, 2014, 04:57:35 am »

« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 04:59:51 am by rmblr »

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 09, 2014, 07:58:07 am »

i get crashes when saving new world maby thats the reason i cant load it later. Is it possible for someone to upload somewhere already created world? just save folder or maby whole game folder, dunno.

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 09, 2014, 08:49:25 am »

I'm getting crashes too about 20% of the time during worldgen.

But also I am crashing in fort mode. Whenever I exit and save, it crashes.  Plus it is also crashing randomly every 10-20 minutes.

Going back to vanilla until this is sorted out.

Here is a fort that crashes after ~30 minutes of play: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i9emz2l37i5aatv/dark-ages-world-crash.zip?dl=0
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 92