Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 92

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 457767 times)

Baijiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: <<ϟ Dark Ages: Mythos of Rammok ϟ>> Vanilla + Horror [R3][40.24] <Siege>
« Reply #240 on: February 07, 2015, 05:35:49 pm »

Just genned a world with the fixed version, and the weird characters are still there. I think the issue goes back awhile, because I complained about it a few months ago, but just started using Ironhand instead.

Another question: Who are the wizard leaders? Mages? I can't really tell.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #241 on: February 07, 2015, 07:11:22 pm »

Just genned a world with the fixed version, and the weird characters are still there. I think the issue goes back awhile, because I complained about it a few months ago, but just started using Ironhand instead.

Another question: Who are the wizard leaders? Mages? I can't really tell.

I am looking in to this issue further.

Good question. The highest ranking Wizard (currently) is a Count. However, there does appear to be an issue with them appearing. I'm updating them now.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 04:57:07 pm by GM-X »
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

TimuDjinn

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 08, 2015, 07:04:45 pm »

Hello. So I was trying your mod in adventure mode (great mod by the way, it's a lot of fun and a good challenge) and I was playing a wizard adventurer who started rotting for some reason. He has minor rots all over the body. So I decided to try some alchemy by getting a semimegabeast heart but the reaction doesn't seem to produce anythng and the only message I get is "you practice your knapping". Same thing with the salad cooking reaction. I couldn't find anything wrong in the raws but I'm pretty much a noob in that domain. Any ideas?

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #243 on: February 09, 2015, 03:50:34 am »

Hello. So I was trying your mod in adventure mode (great mod by the way, it's a lot of fun and a good challenge) and I was playing a wizard adventurer who started rotting for some reason. He has minor rots all over the body. So I decided to try some alchemy by getting a semimegabeast heart but the reaction doesn't seem to produce anythng and the only message I get is "you practice your knapping". Same thing with the salad cooking reaction. I couldn't find anything wrong in the raws but I'm pretty much a noob in that domain. Any ideas?

Thank you for the report. I'm just about to post [R4] but I will look into it. Should have at least practiced the alchemy skill. How did you obtain the semimegabeast heart? And was the heart still left in your inventory?

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
Re: <<ϟ Dark Ages: Mythos of Rammok ϟ>> Vanilla + Horror [R4][40.24] <Wizards>
« Reply #244 on: February 09, 2015, 04:53:43 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 07:02:15 pm by GM-X »

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 09, 2015, 05:13:03 am »

Chrome's being stupid:

TimuDjinn

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 09, 2015, 09:03:57 am »

Thank you for the report. I'm just about to post [R4] but I will look into it. Should have at least practiced the alchemy skill. How did you obtain the semimegabeast heart? And was the heart still left in your inventory?

Well I got the first heart by hunting a lesser wendigo, then I realized that I had 8 werespider hearts in my backpack that I bought from a market.
I tried it with all of them in nearly all configurations (hearts on the ground, hearts in my hand...), and the hearts dissapear after the reaction, you get to keep the pestle. The other reactions seem to work properly and raise the correct skills, but the alchemy and cooking don't seem to raise any skill and use the proper reagents.
Oh and quick question: Are there no vision cones while sneaking in ironhand?
Also
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 10:07:39 am by TimuDjinn »

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 09, 2015, 12:30:49 pm »

Well I got the first heart by hunting a lesser wendigo, then I realized that I had 8 werespider hearts in my backpack that I bought from a market.
I tried it with all of them in nearly all configurations (hearts on the ground, hearts in my hand...), and the hearts dissapear after the reaction, you get to keep the pestle. The other reactions seem to work properly and raise the correct skills, but the alchemy and cooking don't seem to raise any skill and use the proper reagents.
Also

I think Chrome hates it due to it being released so recently. Definitely scan it but I've been uploading exe's since September and no virus complaints yet.

There is a problem with producing the balm leaves. And a weirder problem with the availability of mega-hearts at the market.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 12:29:19 pm by Rammok »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
<<ϟ Dark Ages: Mythos of Rammok ϟ>> Vanilla + Horror [R4][40.24] <Quick Fix>
« Reply #248 on: February 11, 2015, 03:30:15 am »

Also

1) Okay. I uploaded a quick fix for alchemy balms. This should resolve the alchemy issues in both Adventure and Fort mode. Just slap copy the new objects folder into your saved game objects folder. No new world-gen required.

2) The vision cone problem is a known issue with Ironhand. Apparently they do work in other tilesets, so this may be fixable. I've looked into it a few times, but no solutions have been forthcoming.

NOTE: The pre-generated world "Creteteyo" has also been quick fixed. This is a hyper historic world with a booming Dwarf population. One of my favorites in hundreds of surveyed worlds. I plan to survey and report on it sometime soon.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 09:29:51 pm by GM-X »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 12, 2015, 03:13:54 am »

Oh yeah, I saw something about this in regard to the ancient vamps sensing blood, I manually added in the detect poison tag from the regular vamps so I could see blood like normal as a master vamp (have it in for the elder as well, though I took the other types out atm so it's just randomly generated+elder+masters as I was getting a billion of the lesser types and one or two masters that may or may not survive be able to infect dorfs/elves) and I'm not sure why the speed boost sometimes needs to be used twice, so I just reduced the wait period to compensate until I figure out why sometimes it says it activates (you focus and move at incredible speed) without speed changing the first time after exiting travel mode from an ambush.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
<<ϟ Dark Ages: Mythos of Rammok ϟ>> Vanilla + Horror [R4][40.24] <Wizards>
« Reply #250 on: February 13, 2015, 01:14:41 am »

Oh yeah, I saw something about this in regard to the ancient vamps sensing blood, I manually added in the detect poison tag from the regular vamps so I could see blood like normal as a master vamp (have it in for the elder as well, though I took the other types out atm so it's just randomly generated+elder+masters as I was getting a billion of the lesser types and one or two masters that may or may not survive be able to infect dorfs/elves) and I'm not sure why the speed boost sometimes needs to be used twice, so I just reduced the wait period to compensate until I figure out why sometimes it says it activates (you focus and move at incredible speed) without speed changing the first time after exiting travel mode from an ambush.

I did a review of elder and master vampires and I've already started to make adjustments, like blood sensing and boosting the population of Master Vampires. So players can thank Max™ for the vampire love coming in R5!

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 14, 2015, 07:30:17 pm »

Is anyone else getting the ASCII version flagged as malicious?  :-\

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 14, 2015, 09:36:37 pm »

Your antivirus is overzealous.

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 14, 2015, 10:22:09 pm »

It's not even my antivirus, my browser itself is having stern words. Nothing wrong with the ironhand version though.

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 17, 2015, 01:01:42 pm »

It's not even my antivirus, my browser itself is having stern words. Nothing wrong with the ironhand version though.

Chrome doesn't like how new the ASCII file is. It was updated more recently than the ironhand upload. 
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 92