Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

sprites:thresher

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 77

Author Topic: ☼Hive☼ Everything Hivewasp Alpha related. ALPHA FINISHED. Go to Beta page  (Read 93576 times)

Vitellozzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Hive☼ Everything Hivewasp related
« Reply #1080 on: January 16, 2015, 12:05:59 pm »

I'm ok with this.
Slaves are never enough.
:edit: the world gen works just fine, using the very same stats of before. Dunno what it went wrong on the other attempts.
Also, are now metal coated soldiers lookable in the game unit status? To know who was coated I had to use therapist before.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 07:04:18 pm by Vitellozzo »

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: January 17, 2015, 03:38:26 am »

Good point. We'll add it along with heydude's enslave reactions
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 03:41:08 am by than402 »

Vitellozzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: January 17, 2015, 06:04:03 am »

Before I start a new fort, do you plan to make the update anytime soon, or should I start the hive right now and then try the new reactions when the time will be over?

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: January 17, 2015, 06:16:16 am »

that depends on heydude, but I'd say yeah. If you want to be sure, I can upload a version with some blank reactions in the entity file to be filled as soon as the enslavement reactions are ready. I'm not 100% sure it will work, but I remember I saw it working somewhere...

Vitellozzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: January 17, 2015, 06:31:28 am »

It' ok, I'm starting a new fort fight now and yeah, no problem since we are testing something new.
:edit: do we have something for living rocks? Just found a big vein of it and dunno what to do as hive.
:re-edit: also, I thought that talons and strickers were multigrasp... but the game just tells me they use it in one hand.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 07:06:48 am by Vitellozzo »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: January 17, 2015, 08:35:49 am »

Well since I'm working on exams this month I probably won't finish my slaves reactions till early next month
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: January 17, 2015, 08:40:27 am »

ok, so I'll see what I can do with the coated soldiers and them we can call it a beta, because it's about time we do so. The graphics and the reactions will come with the full release.

also, is there anything I can do to help with the sprites?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: January 17, 2015, 10:41:34 am »

Than you asked me this question before and so I will have to give the same answer again. Unfortunately you can't help me with drawing the sprites since the art styles will clash.

thankfully you can help me with some other methods.

I haven't been keeping too much track about all of the new creatures that were added so can I have a list of all the new creatures that were added? I know that there is the pets page in the manual and it lists most of the additional creatures but certain things like the colossal praetorian are missing.

can I have a list of all of the nobles?

What do you imagine stinger thralls to look like? I already drew a red wasp thrall and I need to make the stringer thrall  look different enough from the hive thrall so the player can at a glance tell the difference.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: January 17, 2015, 10:57:15 am »

the colossal praetorian is a caste of the praetorian. It doesn't need a sprite anymore than the cambion does in succubi. here's a list of all the creatures (slaves don't need sprites, they're gonna use the appropriate sprites for each creature)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

we also need a sprite for the growing organic weapons. one is enough. they are supposed to look like cocoons anyway.

both stinger thralls (the new, upgradeable one) and red wasp thralls (the old one) are castes of the same creature, the Hive Thrall. The sprite will suffice. (should I make it a different creature?)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 10:58:59 am by than402 »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: January 17, 2015, 11:05:53 am »

both stinger thralls (the new, upgradeable one) and red wasp thralls (the old one) are castes of the same creature, the Hive Thrall. The sprite will suffice. (should I make it a different creature?)

No, the caste system is fine, as long as you make a good caste description it should work.

Vitellozzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: January 17, 2015, 12:09:10 pm »

Can I suggest colours?

I really like that Thrall sprite, but I've always seen them as red-colored humanoids, since they come from being infected by red wasps. You drew them with a long robe, so no skin is show up, but wasps could dress them red because red in nature is one of the colours that animals use to show "danger for my foes" on their bodies. Like wasps, assassin bugs, scolopendras and other vicious arthropoda predators.
While the Stinger Thrall can be yellow coloured, since it blends more effectively in the nature (like near tree trunks, on the sand, between green glass), since it's more a cabable fighter than a "I break everything so stay away" explosive maniacal wasp-enslaved humanoid being.

Cockroaches can be like their smaller cousins, so all brown and stuff.
Stag Beetle I see them as blue giant bettles, and surprising even dwarf fortress look at them like that since the ascii sprite is blue.
Slugsnake could be something like yellow+green or brown+purple or even red+black. I'd like them very colourful and with two different colours, since both slugs and snakes tend to be very very colourful.
Giant worm, like tradition, could simply be something brownish or yellowish, the classical giant earth worm so the colour of the earth.
Royal scorpion could be all black, smooth and bad.
Green weaver and sparrow killer already have both their colours: green and red/brown.
Red wasps hive should just be something like this.
Growing and grown organic weapons should be like cocoons like than said, maybe still something very organic and meaty. And the grown organic weapon should be visibly bigger than the growing (immature) one.
And that also for Red Hive, since than says that after 6 months they are mature to be butcherable... so this should be clearly visible to the player, to reduce micromanagement in the form of counting the months.

:edit: how to make piercing bullets? It seems that stone bullets are effective in bone breaking my hunter's prey, but they just never really die.
Also, here it says that staff slings are created also in the forge... but where is the forge? You mean blacksmith one?

Aaaand... what is the slaughter gain from both cockroaches and beetles?

:re-edit: I'm starting again with the metal industry... aside from metallurgist no new building, as I can see. Anyway, there is the slag problem, we should put the slag destroyer between buildings... after all even kobolds have it.

:re-re-edit: It seems that there's a problem with stag beetles babies.
This little champ is coming from a pen/pasture which is giving no food problems to his parents, nor to a big family of cockroaches.
I know I must, and I will, divide cockroaches from beetles, but for now I don't have any problem aside from that one guy. Now he will become meat and chitin, since it's starving death, but I'm sure there is a problem into the code, where it says how much do those eat.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 03:09:40 pm by Vitellozzo »

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: January 17, 2015, 04:52:22 pm »

:edit: how to make piercing bullets? It seems that stone bullets are effective in bone breaking my hunter's prey, but they just never really die.

for now the only way to make piercing bullets is with metal. stone bullets may only be blunt. I could make them sharp, but they're supposed to suck. on the other hand, maybe they suck a wee bit too much... what do you say?

Also, here it says that staff slings are created also in the forge... but where is the forge? You mean blacksmith one?

yeah, that's what I meant. you can also make bone ones at the bowyer.

Aaaand... what is the slaughter gain from both cockroaches and beetles?

for beetles it's about the same as cows, for cockroaches about the same as dogs

:re-edit: I'm starting again with the metal industry... aside from metallurgist no new building, as I can see. Anyway, there is the slag problem, we should put the slag destroyer between buildings... after all even kobolds have it.

so... dispose slag at a smelter (I don't want to put more workshops, they have a bit too many already) for the same products as the kobold reactions. that sounds right.

:re-re-edit: It seems that there's a problem with stag beetles babies.
This little champ is coming from a pen/pasture which is giving no food problems to his parents, nor to a big family of cockroaches.
I know I must, and I will, divide cockroaches from beetles, but for now I don't have any problem aside from that one guy. Now he will become meat and chitin, since it's starving death, but I'm sure there is a problem into the code, where it says how much do those eat.

they have a value of 3000. a cow has a value of 100. I don't know, I noticed it too, but dismissed it as "wow, i can't even set a pasture right, look at all those beetles dying!". Good to know it's an actual bug and not my incompetence. Or not that good, cause I'll have to fix it...

Vitellozzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: January 17, 2015, 05:07:37 pm »

Good, good. Where should I put that 100 value, so I can fix it myself within this saved game?

Anyway blunt stone bullets are just fine, being the very first material I don't think it's too weak.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: January 17, 2015, 05:11:23 pm »

no, I mean even though they theoretically require far less food, they still die. try that to fix the problem: go to the creature entry (BEETLE_WASP) ,search for the baby token (BABY:1) and delete it. I have a feeling that this token is what's causing the problem.

Vitellozzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: January 17, 2015, 05:13:42 pm »

Are you sure higher values mean lesser consume? How much do have cockroaches?
And how much do have adult beetles, while how much do have baby beetles?

I don't have any baby at the moment, so I cannot test this.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 77