Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 89

Author Topic: Mission 18: The final sunset  (Read 170793 times)

Nunzillor

Re: Mission 18: Curse of the Mummy.
« Reply #945 on: February 06, 2015, 12:06:07 am »

First, try to concentrate and call on more undead in the area to rise.  Secondly, order zombies to construct a sand dome, if they quickly can, to take dubious shelter under.  Thirdly, teleport-pelt some sand at the incoming ball of certain death, if possible.  Lastly, take off cold-fire crown and toss it into the approaching ball if it gets too close.  After all, what's the worst that could happen?

If all else fails and the "King" is still capable of teleporting, bravely teleport-run (crawl?) away.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 12:17:03 am by Nunzillor »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #946 on: February 06, 2015, 12:23:53 am »

Go along with it. Don't worry brain we'll get out of this somehow.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: February 06, 2015, 12:26:02 am »

Try to make out details of the giant sky murder-ball.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: February 06, 2015, 07:25:50 am »

"Chief, you should wait here. Sorry, but it's too dangerous."

"We have one and the same suit, but yours has jet fuel. Who is in more danger here?"

Take a tentative step into the room. Does the heat increase noticeably? Step back if it starts to burn.

If it's manageable, take some samples of more interesting crystals and rock formations.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #949 on: February 06, 2015, 12:15:12 pm »

Run for cover if the fireball gets too low.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: February 07, 2015, 01:08:43 pm »

Feyri should be heating the EOC with the big laser gun I gave her.
Feyri does this (primarily because exam week--heavy exams despite prelims--and that I was both sick and loaded with work in the past 3~ days (+ bad net)).

Reading up (soon day tomorrow)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #951 on: February 07, 2015, 05:00:20 pm »

"Scatter!"

Continue amp-shoveling sand on the cocoon. Still lot's of it. Keep a hand on the stasis button.

[3]
You get a bit of sand on there, but no more so then if you had been digging by hand.

Go dig that shiny thing up.
You dig down a few feet and then wriggle your had the rest of the way until you mange to get hold of the shining object. You yank  it up and find that it appears to be some sort of metal sculpture. Gold or maybe bronze? It seems to be an idol or small god which resembles a man with the head of some kind of insect with giant mandibles.

Try to transfer most of the mk3's cooling to my head, because my robot body doesn't really need it. Don't freeze my head again.
Explore the chamber, quickly. Take a few interesting wall samples. Try to make it to one of the exits.
If it ever get dangerously hot, or if the fireballs start acting hostile, then GTFO.

[Aux:3]
You transfer some of the coolant to your helmet area. It seems to help somewhat. You crawl up into the chamber and keep low to the ground, slithering along and scraping samples as you go. The nearest exit is a manhole sized opening about 15 feet up one of the walls. You get over to the area underneath it.

"Yep, definitely fucked!" Continue burying the eater, but keep a close eye on that Flying Fire Stan and run like hell if it gets close enough that the risk of getting crushed or lit on fire becomes significant
BURY BURY BURY

First, try to concentrate and call on more undead in the area to rise.  Secondly, order zombies to construct a sand dome, if they quickly can, to take dubious shelter under.  Thirdly, teleport-pelt some sand at the incoming ball of certain death, if possible.  Lastly, take off cold-fire crown and toss it into the approaching ball if it gets too close.  After all, what's the worst that could happen?

If all else fails and the "King" is still capable of teleporting, bravely teleport-run (crawl?) away.

Calling more undead fails!
The undead you have do start building a new mound of sand, though exactly how you expect them to make a "Dome" out of powder is beyond me.
You attempt to throw sand at a creature which is, from what you can see, still thousands or more feet above you.  You don't hit it, surprisingly.
Gonna hold off on you tearing that crown off for the moment.

Go along with it. Don't worry brain we'll get out of this somehow.
Not sure exactly what that means so...bury bury bury

"We have one and the same suit, but yours has jet fuel. Who is in more danger here?"

Take a tentative step into the room. Does the heat increase noticeably? Step back if it starts to burn.

If it's manageable, take some samples of more interesting crystals and rock formations.

It definitely increases. Oddly, it feels cooler near the floor.

Run for cover if the fireball gets too low.
BURY FOR NOW BURY FOR NOW BURY FOR NOW

Feyri does this (primarily because exam week--heavy exams despite prelims--and that I was both sick and loaded with work in the past 3~ days (+ bad net)).

Reading up (soon day tomorrow)

You heat the mound of sand. Hard to say how much good it's actually doing but whatever, every little bit helps.

Try to make out details of the giant sky murder-ball.

As it drifts closer, you can make out what appear to be wing like structures. Only...they're not wings. They don't flap or even move. They look like enormous veins made of flame and magma which branch off into huge fractal structures around the central body. The central body seems to pulse heat into them, waves of white hot light roll through them at regular intervals, with the structures cooling to a dull red before the next pulse reignites them. Every time one of these pulses happens, you can feel a burning wind roll down from above, like the feeling of a furnace being opened in front of you. It's hard to judge with nothing to give the thing scale, but it these structures must be miles wide.

It continues to descend.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: February 07, 2015, 05:05:52 pm »

"Dubs, do not crawl off too far. Remember the tunnels before, with roaring, shaking and danger? More rooms mean more mysteries, though."

Examine the crystals around here (near to our entrance point) while keeping low to the ground. Take some samples of them and unusual rocks. What exactly is it that renders them special-looking?

Nunzillor

« Reply #953 on: February 07, 2015, 06:13:01 pm »

"Don't listen to us.  We don't know what we are doing.  Or what's going on.  Too much sand.  Not enough heat.  Yes."

Ponder mortality.  What's death going to be like?  Maybe ask a zombie.  Edit2: zombies should dig up the Eater.  Ask one zombie to try and kill the Eater if it seems possible and has been unearthed.  Go for the neck!  If someone wants to give the zombie a weapon, let em try and use it.  Should be amusing.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 03:39:47 pm by Nunzillor »

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: February 07, 2015, 09:12:09 pm »

"Sooooo,who votes that this thing is doing a good enough job of heating, and getting the fuck out of it's radius?I vote it's time to GTFO!"
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: February 07, 2015, 09:17:14 pm »

Charge dynamic Will bonus. I'mma do shroud things.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: February 07, 2015, 09:24:58 pm »

Run? Run!. Dig? Dig!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 02:59:35 pm by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: February 08, 2015, 03:14:37 am »

Follow Hapah's plan and help however I can
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 05:58:54 am by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Nunzillor

« Reply #958 on: February 08, 2015, 03:39:44 am »

"We need to get the eater to the altar!"
Drag!, get those who are fleeing to help if possible
((I think it's pretty well buried at this point.  Pretty awful suggestion on my part, sorry.  May need a different plan now?  Dunno.)) 

King Sulan'takan'litkham'ramen idly considered how the planet would be affected.  Well, at least the Eater was pretty far from a major population center this time.  At least they had done that.  Maybe their efforts hadn't been completely in vain.  Maybe.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 03:42:56 am by Nunzillor »

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #959 on: February 08, 2015, 08:21:29 am »

RUN!!
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 89