Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 89

Author Topic: Mission 18: The final sunset  (Read 171462 times)

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 18: The final sunset
« Reply #990 on: February 12, 2015, 11:54:19 pm »

Sambo has always found murder-ball-death-suns quite sexy. So any vestiges of him that are left in the Eater, use the power of "Heart". In a half-hearted, meet them in the middle of blood-and-lasers-and-glory kind of way. But yeah. Sambo uses the power of Heart. Because he might get laid by a sexy murder thing. And he really wants to love and respect that shit. He still kind of hopes everyone else dies though.
It's a game. Have fun.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #991 on: February 14, 2015, 04:55:18 pm »

The pit is a couple hours away, even at a good speed. IT's also pretty dark, even with the descending alien death sun.

You could push it and try to outrun the thing, you could break the sacrophogus open and try to kill the eater, or you could cut and run.

Or some fourth thing.

I just wanted to bring up the distance here, before I actually do anything.

Nunzillor

« Reply #992 on: February 14, 2015, 11:18:04 pm »

((I think we were hoping to outrun it, as we knew the distance.  However, word of God seems to suggest that may be a bad idea, or at least one worth reconsidering.  Thoughts?  Also, alien death ball explicitly referred to as sun.))
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 11:33:18 pm by Nunzillor »

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: February 14, 2015, 11:39:47 pm »

((Get a undead thing to kill it as the sun gets close enough not to cast any shadows))
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: February 14, 2015, 11:45:47 pm »

((I think we were hoping to outrun it, as we knew the distance.  However, word of God seems to suggest that may be a bad idea, or at least one worth reconsidering.  Thoughts?  Also, alien death ball explicitly referred to as sun.))
((Get a undead thing to kill it as the sun gets close enough not to cast any shadows))
((Let's just finish it or use lateral thinking here. Running away is cowardice, especially after all the losses we all had. The rest of us can do many other things in the presence of lacking danger than running away. I heavily doubt its that bleak.))

Nunzillor

« Reply #995 on: February 14, 2015, 11:52:07 pm »

((I agree that running away is not the answer.  So far we have one suggestion for trying to kill it.  I will have the zombies do whatever the group agrees to.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: February 14, 2015, 11:53:57 pm »

((I agree that running away is not the answer.  So far we have one suggestion for trying to kill it.  I will have the zombies do whatever the group agrees to.))
((My sentence structure leaves a lot of details I have in thought these days x_x
I could get up the MKIII, get a long ranged weapon, blast away and 'kill' the Eater as a last resort. How's that sound?

I'd say this IC but there's been a lacking space for IC talk lately. :-\ Nobody gave Feyri any mention or anything...))

Nunzillor

« Reply #997 on: February 15, 2015, 12:07:28 am »

((I think Tek was being too much of a moron for sensible IC talk.  In any case, that sounds like a good possibility but we might need to get the "sarcophagus" off first like pw mentioned.  If we do that, though, we will no longer be able to transport it.  It's a tough decision.

Basically I feel completely indecisive.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: February 15, 2015, 12:13:14 am »

I could get up the MKIII, get a long ranged weapon, blast away and 'kill' the Eater as a last resort. How's that sound?
((That might work, if the fuel tanks don't detonate or something under the eater's heat. Because I don't think anyone really knows that will happen in that event.

Do you guys have any potions left?))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Nunzillor

« Reply #999 on: February 15, 2015, 12:26:55 am »

((Taddok (Hapah) still has his.
50.This potion is a disgusting beige color with a sky blue crust along the top. It's held in a translucent, colorless glass container shaped like a coffin with an extremely large, jar like mouth. The container is quite large and sealed with a cork. It feels sticky to the touch.

Thinking it over, I'm leaning towards killing it right now.  At least it would be cathartic.))
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 12:32:18 am by Nunzillor »

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: February 15, 2015, 04:02:16 am »

((So what do we do?, do the rest of us run while we can? or continue pulling/pushing?))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: February 15, 2015, 04:05:40 am »

((Don't lose heart, fellow bunglers! Soldier on! You either live together or die together!))

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: February 15, 2015, 06:15:48 am »

((How about we levitate the Eater up so Eatermom can collect him without scorching us to ashes?))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: February 15, 2015, 06:55:44 am »

((Don't lose heart, fellow bunglers! Soldier on! You either live together or die together!))
((Says the man bravely not present to run any risk.

You eyeing an officers position or what?))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: February 15, 2015, 07:01:27 am »

((Says the man bravely not present to run any risk.

You eyeing an officers position or what?))

((I fully expect to be boiled or otherwise killed underground should they fail badly enough, considering that I'm reasonably deep inside the underground machinery of this planetary fire elemental factory/city/base.))
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 89