Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 459 460 [461] 462 463 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 617189 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [19+/999 players] IC: T109: GleeJoy!
« Reply #6900 on: February 10, 2015, 03:58:50 pm »

"It seems like we did in fact have a rule against forcing mortals to not worship other gods. I continue my support for the proposal for that blatant breaking of the rule. Before I continue, please answer this scenario: if a man is breathing air and a gunman puts a gun to the breathing man's head and says "keep breathing or I'll shoot you", would the gunman be forcing the other man to breathe air?"

"Meylessa, Why don't you just give the Flagellants and your Followers the ability to feel Total Pleasure from Pain like you do, That way they'll be happier and be reminded of your power every time they cut themselves?"
"I am almost entirely sure they already feel pleasure when they hurt themselves, but if that is not the case, I'll make them feel ultimate pleasure when they feel pain"
"Why don't you make them feel pleasure proportional to the pain they feel? As it is, even mere small amounts of pain will grant them ultimate pleasure. I was also wondering if I can send some priests to teach your people blood magic - and only do that - so they can more easily heal themselves after torture sessions."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6901 on: February 10, 2015, 03:59:24 pm »

(Accents acute will be switched to accents grave later)
((My apologies, this was actually a typo. The only thing changing about the name is its pronunciation, sorry. Didn't want to create extra work, especially over a mistake.))
"I propose all these drugs be burned."
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6902 on: February 10, 2015, 03:59:52 pm »

"It seems like we did in fact have a rule against forcing mortals to not worship other gods. I continue my support for the proposal for that blatant breaking of the rule. Before I continue, please answer this scenario: if a man is breathing air and a gunman puts a gun to the breathing man's head and says "keep breathing or I'll shoot you", would the gunman be forcing the other man to breathe air?"

In this particular instance, breathing is required to sustain life. Worship isn't.

((My apologies, this was actually a typo. The only thing changing about the name is its pronunciation, sorry. Didn't want to create extra work, especially over a mistake.))

Support
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6903 on: February 10, 2015, 04:00:22 pm »

OPPOSED!

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6904 on: February 10, 2015, 04:00:25 pm »

"I'm sorry Grauel, But I don't want the Gruen slaughtering the Frost Kobolds, Could you not spread them to Nikjol? Also, What would happen if a Gruen was fed nothing but Frost Weed and Mystic Dust his entire life? I assume that we could use the Death Battle Plane to test it, If you so wished. Also, I'm totally OK with other Deities spreading their Religions among my Followers, As Long as they don't ditch me. Also, Ghizer, Doesn't Grauel's spreading spores over Gas Giants mean that your Gasbags will have some Competition?"

The portals you made along with the catacombs make it a pretty sure thing that Gruen and other species will make it over there eventually regardless of my involvement. If you really don't want any Gruen coming over, I'll concede about not directly spreading spores if only because I did not contribute to the building of your planet. That said, it's really only a matter of time before some of the other species make it over there anyway.

The Gruen probably wouldn't be too affected by the Frost Weed and Mystic Dust. If it caused any undesirable effects though, they'd probably just stop eating it in favor of something else. They can, after all, survive off a diet consisting entirely of dirt and rocks.

Regarding the Gas Giants, those were paid for by the Council and I don't feel as though anyone has a right to tell me not to spread my species to any place created by the Council or any place I invested essence into making. Someone tried that before and it didn't go down well for them.

Don't spread the Gruen to that Ice Planet directly. They are still allowed to use personal methods to go there though as I do not force restrictions like that on my own followers.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 04:02:37 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #6906 on: February 10, 2015, 04:06:52 pm »

"Meylessa, Why don't you just give the Flagellants and your Followers the ability to feel Total Pleasure from Pain like you do, That way they'll be happier and be reminded of your power every time they cut themselves?"
"I am almost entirely sure they already feel pleasure when they hurt themselves, but if that is not the case, I'll make them feel ultimate pleasure when they feel pain"
"Why don't you make them feel pleasure proportional to the pain they feel? As it is, even mere small amounts of pain will grant them ultimate pleasure. I was also wondering if I can send some priests to teach your people blood magic - and only do that - so they can more easily heal themselves after torture sessions."
"I did not think of this, but that sounds like a good idea. I will do this. You are free to teach the Flagellants blood magic, but I assume that your followers will not survive the pain induced by all of the traps in their cities, so let them be careful."

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6907 on: February 10, 2015, 04:07:33 pm »

"I'm sorry Grauel, But I don't want the Gruen slaughtering the Frost Kobolds, Could you not spread them to Nikjol? Also, What would happen if a Gruen was fed nothing but Frost Weed and Mystic Dust his entire life? I assume that we could use the Death Battle Plane to test it, If you so wished. Also, I'm totally OK with other Deities spreading their Religions among my Followers, As Long as they don't ditch me. Also, Ghizer, Doesn't Grauel's spreading spores over Gas Giants mean that your Gasbags will have some Competition?"

The portals you made along with the catacombs make it a pretty sure thing that Gruen and other species will make it over there eventually regardless of my involvement. If you really don't want any Gruen coming over, I'll concede about not directly spreading spores if only because I did not contribute to the building of your planet. That said, it's really only a matter of time before some of the other species make it over there anyway.

The Gruen probably wouldn't be too affected by the Frost Weed and Mystic Dust. If it caused any undesirable effects though, they'd probably just stop eating it in favor of something else. They can, after all, survive off a diet consisting entirely of dirt and rocks.

Regarding the Gas Giants, those were paid for by the Council and I don't feel as though anyone has a right to tell me not to spread my species to any place created by the Council or any place I invested essence into making. Someone tried that before and it didn't go down well for them.

Don't spread the Gruen to that Ice Planet directly. They are still allowed to use personal methods to go there though as I do not force restrictions on my own followers.

"The Portals only go between Slytha and Keshan, Not Nikjol. As for the Gas Giants, I was merely informing Ghizer of the Possible Implications, And yes, Within a few Ticks there shall be new species on Nikjol, I just want to ensure that the Frost Kobolds are adequately prepared to defend themselves when they do. I'd like to apologize for any Offence I may have caused."

KI'Tork sends each of Grauel's Angels and Priests a Gift Basket of Jelly Rolls along with sending Grauel himself a Gift Basket as large as a large sized Village.

"Also, What Catacombs were you referring to?"

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6908 on: February 10, 2015, 04:17:47 pm »

Oppose

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6909 on: February 10, 2015, 04:21:34 pm »

Oppose too

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6910 on: February 10, 2015, 04:22:40 pm »

Spread Gruen Spores to all planets, astroids, gas giants, etc that don't already have them.

Good opportunity to see just how adaptable the Gruen are. I'm mostly curious about the gas giants.

KI'Tork creates Happy Seeds. Happy Seeds grow on small purple bushes by the thousands and whenever they are consumed they put the User to sleep where their soul experiences Raw, Endless Pleasure for a week. Whenever the User wakes up they'll have grown More Satisfied with life in General, Be inclined to be more Faithful towards their chosen Deity along with being more Peaceful in their Mind. Happy Seeds are not addictive but the Mental Effects do slowly grow over time with repeated use. Happy Seed Bushes grow wherever there are Kitchen Spirits and Depressed Mortals.

KI'Tork spreads Happy Seeds throughout Every World that has a substantial Population of depressed Mortals and Meofisp Worshipers.

By all means, Grauel, Do Spread those seeds to D'rhool, I would Love to see the result! I hope they can fly and have no need to breathe... Or eat.

As for the problem of competition, I don't fear anything, as the Gasbags are non solid and need no sustenance, I see no way they could harm my specie, as for territory, gas giants are ridiculously massive, as their name imply, meaning that space will not be a problem. Even if space was limited, my specie could theorically occupy the same space as the Gruen, as they are made of gas. I do hope our creations will learn to cohabit in peace and work together, should they survive this extremely hostile landscape lack of landscape.

I must also express my happiness at the creation of the happy seed and oppose The burning of all drugs. Should this proposition pass, I will have to consider all those who voted in it's favor as enemies, as this is in direct opposition to my interests.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6911 on: February 10, 2015, 04:23:31 pm »

((It HAS turned into a drug lord simulation! I literally did not expect this when I started playing))

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6912 on: February 10, 2015, 04:26:37 pm »

"Are you perhaps looking to get on the good side of the almighty Arms-Bearer Fortuna? Let's say you are, for the sake of argument. You will always be nothing more than a gnat to be either ignored or squashed at his leisure. That's how his mind works. It is obvious, it is plain. And it is dangerous. This is my opinion, borne of bias and a long existence, and it is unlikely to change."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6913 on: February 10, 2015, 04:34:30 pm »

"Are you perhaps looking to get on the good side of the almighty Arms-Bearer Fortuna? Let's say you are, for the sake of argument. You will always be nothing more than a gnat to be either ignored or squashed at his leisure. That's how his mind works. It is obvious, it is plain. And it is dangerous. This is my opinion, borne of bias and a long existence, and it is unlikely to change."

So you think it's fair Fusil should be murdered for being annoying?

I have no interest in getting on Fusil's good side. I honestly don't think he even has one.

My interest in this lies in the apparent abuse of the power of the Council to get rid of an annoyance. It sets a pretty dire precedent, don't you think?

Fusil is annoying, we can all agree on that. Sealing him away for a Tick every time he makes a threat isn't going to make him change his behaviour, nor is it a particularly viable as a punishment. After the Tick is passed and he's unsealed, he can get back to doing what he was doing, and if anyone interferes with his creations in the mean time, he has reason to take action against them.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6914 on: February 10, 2015, 04:37:10 pm »

"Even though you have a point, Fortuna, Fusil should still be punished for threatening to kill anyone he deems weak. If you can come up with a better punishment, say it."
Pages: 1 ... 459 460 [461] 462 463 ... 475