Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 101

Author Topic: KYOSN: Now with Archived QuickTopic links!  (Read 256035 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: KYOSN: Day 1 (15/15) - Clumsy Trigger Finger
« Reply #480 on: November 14, 2014, 03:03:11 am »

Extend
I'm actually recovering.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: November 14, 2014, 03:03:42 am »

Extend. I'm doing my reread right now.

I may not be able to post it right away if the internet goes out AGAIN, but by god I will reread.
This is my pain :'(
So much pain.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: November 14, 2014, 04:50:18 am »

flabort: If it would help me achieve my wincon, yes.  Which of your 14 RVS questions do you think will gain you useful information?  Why?  Of what sort?  Which ones do you think will not?
Correction: 15 RVS questions.

Why did you feel the need to correct such a minor point?

I feel like out of all the players in this game Varee is the easiest for me to read.

I am very interested in this, since Varee has posted nothing but bull this entire game. What's your read?

Vector:
Cheeetar: Thanks for the answers.

Vector: To what extent is congeniality suspicious?

I see it as a sort of "entry scumtell." It's something worth commenting on and makes the person a worthy target of questioning, but not in and of itself worth hanging someone over. Similarly, so is unusual rudeness. I'm looking for variations from a baseline. I'm realizing now that the Mafia baseline level of aggression may have changed substantially since the last time I played.

What about thanking someone for simply answering?  Is that not congenial?

Since Bay12 has moved away from "question one person during RVS" meta, I don't really have any way to "unvote," and "acknowledged" makes me sound wonkus. If I'm congenial, it's only for lack of better options.

Vector: It's been a while.  How will Toaster's hammereriness affect your voting today?
Jack AT: Not at all. I may have to try to address more arguments to him vis-a-vis someone's scummitude or towniness, but it's not going to influence my vote.
Vector: I get the impression you put little thought into this.  You would be as willing as normally to vote Toaster?

I don't tend to get good reads on Toaster D1, hence do not vote to kill him. If it were, say, D3, I might say something different; but right now, it really doesn't matter.

Everyone else What do you think about the accusation by Jim Groovester that TheDarkStar might only be pretending to scum hunt? Is it indicative of Jim's motives, or is it a well founded accusation?

I would believe it because none of TheDarkStar's arguments are really sticking in my mind, but I feel like this is at least the third time I've caught you crowd-sourcing your scumhunting. This feels like a town-dividing tactic to me. If you get a good response, we'll be at our throats arguing about the situation of your choice.

Vector:
What odds do you give to there being a cult in this game?

Reasonable, but only because it's the sort of thing I expect out of a Kill Whoever Now game. There's nothing in my role or that I've seen in play that would suggest the existence of a cult.

Vector:mastahcheese said you seem to be making yourself unsuspiscious. Why did you dodge the question? Do you think you yourself are doing this, and if not, what do you think made yourself suspicious to mastahcheese?

I'd need a quote for that, so I can understand what you're asking for. I haven't seen any statements from mastahcheese saying that I'm "making myself unsuspicious," let alone "making myself suspicious." If I've missed the question, it was purely by accident.

mastahcheese:You just outted a noble, potentially one of the strongest characters of the town side, for this little gambit because of RVS questions? Also potentially killing the hammerer. Neither of the outcomes would have been beneficial to town. What the hell man?

Why are you ascribing Jack AT's actions to mastahcheese? I strongly disagree with what mastahcheese did, but acting as though this were the intended consequence seems like a bit of a reach.

I doubt the two of you are on the same side, but jegus, you're both incredibly scummy.

Vector Assuming you're town (or town-analog) in this situation, if there were two scum-team members left alive, as well as yourself and two other townies, which two players would you want to be the townie players?

Toaster and JimGroovester. They happen to be the two players who I would least want to be scum.

Everyone: Reads?  I was going to ask specific people for their reads, but the list of people I wanted reads from grew and grew as I prepared my reads post.

1. Shakerag - Has been pretty light and bantery more than anything else, but he's asked a couple of incisive questions.
2. Cheetar - Asking good questions, but the "request the sole winner role" thing is rubbing me the wrong way. Other than that my gut read is town.
3. Jack A T - Not much of a read; he's been kind of low on my radar. Not drinking the WIFOM on the whole Noble thing.
4. GayArchae - needs to post
5. TheDarkStar - Dunno. I know he's posting, but nothing sticks in my mind from him. Under the radar.
6. Flabort - Too soft and leading the town too much. Not sure if nice/wishy-washy or just scum. Watching this one.
8. Varee - Lots of lolrandom stuff. Guessing he's a noob, though, not actual scum? Wish he'd focus.
9. Tiruin - Needs to post more
10. Jim Groovester - Don't have a good read on him. It could go either way. It's not for lack of posting; just don't know yet.
11. Toaster - Ditto to Jim Groovestar.
12. Persus13 - I feel like he's done a couple things that pinged me, but nothing big. Probably town?
13. 4maskwolf - Also a lot of shitposting. Not sure though, guessing town?
14. Mastahcheese - SCUM
15. SuperBlackCat - SCUUUUUUUUM FLIP-FLOPPY DREADFUL SCUM

Honestly, this would be a lot easier if I knew which alignments were even possible ._. If we're operating off of the two-parallel-games theory, then I can't say I'm having an easy time separating scumteams from each other.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 09:53:32 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: November 14, 2014, 05:18:39 am »

Flabort

Flabort

Flabort

That's a pretty severe reaction. Why is supposition about a town/scum and shakerag/anti-shakerag game cause for putting all your votes on flabort?

Jim Groovester: Do you expect your new wincon to get in the way of town play?  If so, how much so?  What is the wincon, if you don't mind stating it?

It does hamper my town wincon, yes, because I have to do both. If I do one and fail the other, I lose. Even if the town wins I can still lose.

Thanks, flabort.

It's a non-standard wincon, i.e., not the standard scum, town, survivor, sk, ally, or whatever else have you. The wincon involves genies and that's all I'm really willing to say about that.

Jim: Do you have a scum read on me?

Why do you care so much?

Out of all the reads everybody posted why do you pick out mine to question?

To answer your question, yeah I think you're kinda scummy.

EXTEND IN NUCLEAR CHRISTMAS COLORS

/snore
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: November 14, 2014, 05:27:37 am »

Oh, yeah, day's been extended to Tuesday.

If you guys decide to shorten at any moment, it requires majority vote. Just sayin'.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: November 14, 2014, 05:43:34 am »

unvote

Well There way too many people in here I dont know what to do..... Atleast I dont have anymore requests :P

As for the read, I need to go back over teh thread ..... maybe sometime over the weekend ......

Any other question I missed?
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: November 14, 2014, 06:41:37 am »

Varee, what's your win condition?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: November 14, 2014, 07:19:45 am »

Hey cheetar, just becuase I ask for question doesnt mean I have the answer to everything .......

I think my power will affect my wincon sooner or later, I think what it says mean I will get a new one when certain people (or certain amount of people) die i guess?
I dont really know ....... It like some crazy conditional if this then that or if not this then that kind of mess ......

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: November 14, 2014, 08:32:00 am »

What's your current win condition, Varee?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: November 14, 2014, 08:58:14 am »

my wincon now is I win if ...... win

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: November 14, 2014, 08:59:08 am »

Who are the underlined, Varee? Is it a group, an individual...?
I've played some mafia.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: November 14, 2014, 09:07:14 am »

Cheeetar:
This is just weird. First you ignore the question, and now you're only pretending to answer it. The full question was:
Well, I'm glad I'm not dead. Toaster had a motive in trying to shoot me- what wincon do you have, Toaster, and how is it served by trying to kill somebody who is scumhunting? Surely, shooting anybody would give you more information on how Shakerag/Mafia works- why specifically me?

You're smart enough to know that I didn't just ask what your wincon was. Why is a townie killing scumhunters to learn more about the Shakerag/non-Shakerag dynamic? You claim to be motivated by my Shakerag miller claim, but if you're only interested in killing mafia (as a townie would be (?)), why are you aiming for me so viciously that it's a tossup between lynching me or the person who tried to kill you and everyone (sic) thinks is scummy?

This weirdness is turning my pressure vote into a real vote.

I was in a hurry and missed the second part.  The catch is I disagree with one of your fundamental points here:

... but if you're only interested in killing mafia (as a townie would be (?)) ...

I am interested in killing scum.  I define scum as "anyone who actively wants to hinder town."  This definition includes cults, SKs, lynchers, and the like; and it can also include people who we can't trust to work with us.  Especially since I (thought I) had a daykill; I could use it outside of the lynch process to go ahead and eliminate someone who wasn't on our side.

I also object to you thinking that I should go along with the group with my vote.  Don't get me wrong- I have no problem with Mastahcheese hanging- but I also want you to swing from a rope.  I'll grant that MC might be a higher priority, though.  There's still time to dig deeper.

I had answered the "why a townie is killing scumhunters..." bit in the post where I shot you, in the paragraph above Bang.  The specifically you bit as well; you had both mentioned a Shakerag connection and a non-knowledge of your wincon.

Jack:
On a different topic, I can tell you read my last post.  I see no full set of reads.  I'd like a full set of reads from you.

It's coming.  Going to post this post and start on it.

That said, I don't do full sets (especially when there are 14 other people and on D1.  Ask me again if I'm around when there are half that.)  If a name is missing from the list, it means I have no meaningful read of that person.

Flabort:
... but I feel like you and GayArchaea could be on a scumteam together ...

What voodoo magic did you use to make a connective determination of someone who has essentially posted nothing?

Persus:
Also, I'm voting GayArchea because he's barely posted. Due to a lack of really scummy players (besides mastahcheese, but no one is currently defending him, so he might just be badly playing town), I would rather get rid of someone who hasn't been playing then people who are trying to contribute.

This is a very weaksauce and inoffensive vote.  It's almost like you're trying to stay in the background and not step on anyone's toes.

Varee:
my wincon now is I win if ...... win

This beating around the bush has really got my attention.  I'd like to know this as well.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: November 14, 2014, 09:12:04 am »

Flabort

Flabort

Flabort

That's a pretty severe reaction. Why is supposition about a town/scum and shakerag/anti-shakerag game cause for putting all your votes on flabort?
It's pressure to get him to respond.  It put him only two below mastahcheese in terms of the votecount, meaning that one switch from cheese to him could tie it up.  The fact that he has three votes in response to that is... disturbing.

unvote unvote unvote Votecount request in the near future

Flabort: What allowed you to divine that bizarre combination of people of me and Archaea?

PPE:
Flabort:
... but I feel like you and GayArchaea could be on a scumteam together ...

What voodoo magic did you use to make a connective determination of someone who has essentially posted nothing?
>:(

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: November 14, 2014, 09:16:53 am »

<3 4mask

Missed one!

Shakerag:
Elaborate.
Later.

When's later?

(still typing reads)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: November 14, 2014, 09:25:08 am »

I think I already say too much, I dont think I should be claiming anymore until later
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 101