Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 131

Author Topic: Tabletop Games Thread  (Read 183957 times)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: Tabletop Games Thread
« Reply #390 on: February 20, 2015, 03:13:50 pm »

Is that homebrew or an OSR game or something? Because 3.5 and Pathfinder have very explicit rules about what happens to stabilized characters recovering without help. And 4 & 5E have death saving throws. I didn't pay any attention to anything after that.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: February 20, 2015, 03:25:22 pm »

A guy I know is running a game. This is what happened.

(P.S. They're all WoW raiders.)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Is that homebrew or an OSR game or something? Because 3.5 and Pathfinder have very explicit rules about what happens to stabilized characters recovering without help. And 4 & 5E have death saving throws. I didn't pay any attention to anything after that.

Nope, PF. I didn't actually know about those stabilisation rules. I'd probably still run it in the same way, though, mainly because the player would otherwise die immediately.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: February 20, 2015, 03:36:09 pm »

I'm planning to run a Night's Black Agents game. For those not in the know, it's a system about, basically, [Jason Bourne] fighting [Dracula], substitute agent and vampire's name for all possible flavors, from Archer fighting Edward Cullen to Smiley staking Chupacabras, with a straightforward rules and a heavy investigative element.

I was originally planning to run it serious-ish story-wise, but I stagnated, scrapped it and now I'm gonna do a rather silly (think 80s action movie to classic Bonds) story involving Mad Scientists, CommieNazis, cringeworthy references, bloodthirsty supersoldier mutants, you get the picture.

Anyone interested? I've got two people already, would like to have a minimum of four, could be more - I'd just scale up the difficulty or vary up the challenges for broader skillsets.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: February 20, 2015, 05:26:42 pm »

How are you running it? Play by Post, IRC, etc?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: February 20, 2015, 09:12:51 pm »

Been thinking of Roll20, basically IRC with tabletop frills.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: February 20, 2015, 09:50:35 pm »

Facepalm DM decision of the Pathfinder session yesterday.

DM decides that torches are overpowered in the hands of a low-light vision character. Or else he just doesn't get the rules for vision.

He decided that they shed normal illumination for low-light vision characters in a 40 ft. radius and then it's total darkness outside that radius, no dim illumination.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: February 20, 2015, 10:16:29 pm »

Yep, inky walls of blackness ahoy.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: February 21, 2015, 09:30:27 am »

...what? That's not how light works.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: February 21, 2015, 11:32:16 am »

« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 08:15:06 am by penguinofhonor »

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: February 21, 2015, 12:00:19 pm »

It depends where you are at the same time. Not sure there'd be much to see underground in a dungeon without a light source, but uh, you'd probably want a lamp instead of a torch down there.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #400 on: February 21, 2015, 12:16:10 pm »

But... but style!

Having navigated in the dark with multiple different kinds of torch (burning stick, actual torch with paraffin-soaked head, burning bush, mystic glowing staff constructed from glowsticks), if the light is bright enough to see very far by and you're holding it like you think of people holding torches, you will be blinded by it.

Torches should only be used by the cash-strapped or zombie-paranoid. Lanterns make much more sense in most other situations; the only drawback is that you can't immediately weaponise them or light things from them.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: February 21, 2015, 01:04:46 pm »

In Warhammer news, my mate just bought a whole bunch of prepainted models (for a very expensive price).
So now he's claimed top shelf on our wall of shame, and I feel annoyed 'cos whilst he does have the best painted models now, he copped out.
Well, less 'annoyed' and more 'envious'.

Gosh they are so pretty...
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: February 21, 2015, 01:20:21 pm »

If they're space marines, you should have them betray the Emperor and join Chaos. Obviously, you will need to repaint them to reflect this. To simulate the shock of betrayal, you should do this without anybody's knowledge.

... Pictured Above: The most monstrous thing I've ever suggested on this board
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: February 21, 2015, 02:43:24 pm »

Ask if it was the kidney he must have sold to afford them.

uber pye

• Bay Watcher
  • murderhobo extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 21, 2015, 05:35:11 pm »

OK i got a question for y'all, in 3.5 dnd i am upgrading a crystal ball from one with detect thoughts.

Should i get one with telepathy or one with true seeing?
"Immortal" just means that you haven't killed it hard enough

X-MAS TIME!!!!!
the mad immortal child! xmas themed
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 131