Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 131

Author Topic: Tabletop Games Thread  (Read 183979 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Tabletop Games Thread
« Reply #1230 on: August 07, 2015, 05:45:49 am »

FLGS?
Love, scriver~

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: August 07, 2015, 08:37:57 am »

Friendly Local Gaming Store. They basically exist to consume the wallets of all types of tabletop game people.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: August 07, 2015, 09:40:58 am »

Love, scriver~

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: August 07, 2015, 10:09:50 am »

Not sure how I feel about this... being warner brothers and a writer/director both of whom have... while decent movies under their belts they are very kiddish movies.  I just think DnD could do with something a bit grittier.
Nom nom nom

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: August 07, 2015, 10:11:14 am »

I don't understand what is so hard about writing a good dungeons and dragons movie?

Ohh wait... Hollywood is bad at making fantasy movies. Of COURSE!

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1235 on: August 07, 2015, 02:59:37 pm »

On the other hand, the whole "Free rules for everyone!" is nice. I wonder how long it'll last, but at least they've stopped paying Ward £10 per codex to lick each page
No.
The only good thing coming out of Age Of Sigmar might be Age Of Slam. Blood Bowl combined with Basketball and Age Of Sigmar.
COME ON AND SLAM AND WELCOME TO THE AGE OF SPELL JAM
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 03:15:13 pm by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: August 07, 2015, 05:13:06 pm »

I have no idea what you want to say.
Love, scriver~

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: August 07, 2015, 05:29:11 pm »

Yeah.. that post gave me cancer, cured it and than gave me cancer again.

I don't really even know.
Nom nom nom

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: August 07, 2015, 05:32:10 pm »

Yeah.. that post gave me cancer, cured it and than gave me cancer again.

I don't really even know.
I think the point of that post was that some people disagree with that new medieval Warhammer expansion.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1239 on: August 07, 2015, 06:04:27 pm »

I think the point of that post was that some people disagree with that new medieval Warhammer expansion.
Not some people, but a lot of them. Also it's not expansion, they "ended" (like, in End Times) old Warhammer FB and replaced it with new one that is dumbed down, has rules that make your army better if you're acting like an idiot, added retarded names for everything (just because some of old ones couldn't be copyrighted) and is generally dash for money.
EDIT: Oh, and it slaughtered previous lore and new one tends to lack any sense.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 06:07:38 pm by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: August 07, 2015, 06:13:30 pm »

Not some people, but a lot of them. Also it's not expansion, they "ended" (like, in End Times) old Warhammer FB and replaced it with new one that is dumbed down, has rules that make your army better if you're acting like an idiot, added retarded names for everything (just because some of old ones couldn't be copyrighted) and is generally dash for money.

More like some people screaming very , very loudly.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1241 on: August 07, 2015, 06:14:10 pm »

The louder you are, the more right you are. Duh.

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: August 07, 2015, 06:20:41 pm »

The louder you are, the more right you are. Duh.

Certainly works for congress.

Though at the same time, I'm not going to argue there is some incredibly dumb things there are in the lore (though plenty of dumb things in the previous as well). Though some of it was intentional for the rules, But could have been communicated in a much better fashion that they were intended to be silly instead of baffling people with riding/talking horses.

Though I'm hoping the actual books contain some decent rules..Because as is the rules are crap, who honestly thought removing all sense of balance by removing points!?

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1243 on: August 07, 2015, 06:26:24 pm »

Though at the same time, I'm not going to argue there is some incredibly dumb things there are in the lore (though plenty of dumb things in the previous as well). Though some of it was intentional for the rules, But could have been communicated in a much better fashion that they were intended to be silly instead of baffling people with riding/talking horses.
Well, don't get me wrong, the thing is that they replaced FB with something almost completly different (Muh grimdark peasants ;-; ) and dropped support (despite saying they wont) of Old World. It could be okay as a new, smaller spin-off FB, but it's horrible as a replacement (it literally stopped being Grimdark, which is core trait of Warhammer, and became Noblebright) and it was pulled off in a horrible manner. But hey, there were signs (as early as removal of Squats from 40k) that warned us that this may come one day. I fear that next thing they're going to make is to change 40k (put a finger to your enemy head and say BLAM loudly to pass leadership check!) significantly, and if they do... oh boy, there will be shitstorms.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 06:28:20 pm by Kot »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: August 07, 2015, 06:27:07 pm »

Though I'm hoping the actual books contain some decent rules..Because as is the rules are crap, who honestly thought removing all sense of balance by removing points!?
I... what? How does that work then? What limits army size?
The player's money?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 131