Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 131

Author Topic: Tabletop Games Thread  (Read 183972 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tabletop Games Thread
« Reply #1815 on: July 02, 2017, 12:53:05 am »

Spoony said that the Wheel of Time magic system is very good. Anyone know why? How does it work?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: July 02, 2017, 02:24:22 am »

I played Scrabble a while ago. A few weeks or so, I'd say.
I lost, both games, and I'm still struggling to come to terms with my defeat. It's eating me up inside. :-X I think perhaps I should get some serious practice in, that I might win a rematch or two and redeem myself next time I'm visiting family.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: July 02, 2017, 02:38:31 am »

Spoony said that the Wheel of Time magic system is very good. Anyone know why? How does it work?
if it's the 3.5e wheel of time, I very rarely and barely got to play, but can remember having fun with my asha'man
10/10 would fracture world again.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: July 02, 2017, 06:14:19 am »

I haven't watched much Spoony but from what I've seen I've gotten the impression he does not care for 3.5 very much.
Love, scriver~

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: July 02, 2017, 06:35:22 pm »

I haven't watched much Spoony but from what I've seen I've gotten the impression he does not care for 3.5 very much.
He likes 3.5, it's 3e that he thought sucked. 4e he thought was meh and he hated 5e due to the decreased complexity, increased balance, and lower mortality.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

prefuzek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: July 02, 2017, 06:52:02 pm »

Anyone played any good board games lately?  I've always been a fan of the idea, but it's just recently I've started any serious attempts at building a collection.
If you've got a big enough group (best with 6 or 8) you should definitely try Space Cadets: Dice Duel. Two teams flying spaceships in a dogfight with no turns - just frantic dicerolling, bad communication, hilarious mistakes, and a lot of stress. It works surprisingly well - it's some of the most fun I've ever had playing board games.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: July 03, 2017, 01:15:35 am »

Just spent hours reading over some condensed Age of Sigmar lore... my god, pure, unfiltered, highly concentrated shitposting on a corporate scale. It's all so... terrible. At the very least, it seems that aside from the awkwardly generic and plebeian fyreslayers, Dwarves have survived relatively unmolested as the "Dispossessed" Wooo, yas. The lads.

EDIT: Kharadron Overlords look meh--too much cheese in the previews.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 01:17:34 am by Urist McScoopbeard »
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: July 04, 2017, 11:54:57 am »

He likes 3.5, it's 3e that he thought sucked. 4e he thought was meh and he hated 5e due to the decreased complexity, increased balance, and lower mortality.
What complexity does he think is decreased? Aside from lacking splat bloat, I don't see a lot of limitation there. Character options and basic rules are a lot more modular.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: July 04, 2017, 11:57:08 am »

I find it odd increased balance is seen as a downside.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: July 04, 2017, 12:52:25 pm »

Here's the review:
http://spoonyexperiment.com/counter-monkey/counter-monkey-dd-5th-edition-review-part-1/
There's some stuff I don't agree with or don't know either way, but I thought it was an interesting first impression.  My least favorite parts are when he brags about how lethal the game used to be.

Edit:  It's very long, obviously, and the actual review sorta starts at 4:33.  And even then there's a lot of rambling about the physical book's smell, heh.  I like his rambling but he does go on a lot.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 12:56:31 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: July 04, 2017, 12:54:56 pm »

Frankly how unfairly lethal dnd used to be is kind of one of the worse aspects of it, especially as character sheets became more and more dense.

Believe it or not "You just die" wasn't invented by the Tomb of Horrors. Save and die? PLEASE! Real monsters just kill you flat out.

In some ways this coooouuuld work... But given the amount of work each character requires and the amount of emotional investment it takes to flesh them out, it just doesn't work in the player's favor to play that deadly.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: July 04, 2017, 04:25:29 pm »

Classes other than Initiate of Sevenfold Veil are actually viable? HORRORS. THIS GAME IS TERRIBLE NOW.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: July 04, 2017, 05:45:38 pm »

Classes other than Initiate of Sevenfold Veil are actually viable? HORRORS. THIS GAME IS TERRIBLE NOW.
Well, sure. There's always the kobold Master of Many Forms, whose sole weakness is the GM throwing rulebooks at your head. :P

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: July 04, 2017, 06:02:10 pm »

More seriously though, I've been playing a bit of 5e. It's... nice. Clean. My fighter* is actually a pretty useful member of the team and I don't need a bunch of broken feats or homebrew classes just to keep up with the spellslingers.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #1829 on: July 04, 2017, 06:32:36 pm »

SO, time for a tale from Shadowrun. This happened some sessions ago, but it's definitely still worth mentioning. Spoiler because minor wall of text. Also maybe not for the very faint of heart, but come on, we're in the dorf fortress forums, none of us have that issue. :v

Spoiler: The Dude Omelette (click to show/hide)
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 131