Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should founders be rewarded with tiles to build on?

Founders should have a fixed number of useable tiles to own!
- 5 (29.4%)
Founders should be awarded more tiles to build on by popular consensus!
- 6 (35.3%)
No hard limits, just be reasonable!
- 6 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 54

Author Topic: Nevertaxed: Dwarven Village Bloodline (Overseers Needed!)  (Read 53152 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Nevertaxed: Dwarven Village Bloodline (Villagers Wanted!)
« Reply #195 on: November 23, 2014, 07:21:04 pm »

hmm.  I do like the idea of tossing  them down a deep pit to rot.  and then tossing critters in.  thats fairly dwarven.

I will miss firtifications, though
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 23, 2014, 07:48:45 pm »

hmm... If it werent for the "no community property, everything must be owned, and easily determined" rule, I'd just suggest trite roadside memorial slabs. Take up 1x1 tiles per slab, and they can be used to help control pathing.

As-is though-- some kind of mausoleum will be required. I am thinking a 5x5 above ground portion made of stone blocks, with a nice statue in the middle, and then some down-stairs in the back leading to the actual reliquary where we will stuff dwarf bones.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 23, 2014, 08:00:14 pm »

If we make it a church/mausoleum, we can arguably call it an industry and sucker some poor sap into maintaining the church as a priest/undertaker/gravetender.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 23, 2014, 08:08:31 pm »

Temple/Hospital with underground burial vault 9x13

It would take up this much land

and accomodate 22 dead

hmm... If it werent for the "no community property, everything must be owned, and easily determined" rule, I'd just suggest trite roadside memorial slabs. Take up 1x1 tiles per slab, and they can be used to help control pathing.

As-is though-- some kind of mausoleum will be required. I am thinking a 5x5 above ground portion made of stone blocks, with a nice statue in the middle, and then some down-stairs in the back leading to the actual reliquary where we will stuff dwarf bones.
Giving slabs to next of kin is always an option.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 23, 2014, 08:11:50 pm »

What a well-designed building.  I vote for that, but not quite so far away.  Place it a bit closer to the inn, I think?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 23, 2014, 08:14:42 pm »

What a well-designed building.  I vote for that, but not quite so far away.  Place it a bit closer to the inn, I think?

Oh god no! That's a completely illogical place to put it I just put it up the footprint there to compare it to the amount of undeveloped land we have.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 23, 2014, 11:47:05 pm »

The grave-keeper should have the engraving, masonry, jewel setting and farming skills, plus be the only one allowed to haul corpses.  Call him "Mort", Profession: "Mortician".  "Mort" should have a mason's shop down in the basement next to a small furniture stockpile dedicated to slabs and coffins and a little 2x3 farm plot out back around a water well where he can grow his simple meals.  The Shrine/catacombs would be best served adjacent to the doctor's place, so that Mort can be placed in a burrow containing the Shrine/catacombs, his garden and the doctor's place of business.

If this is pleasing to you, I volunteer myself to be dorfed as "Mort" the "Mortician" - a quiet, dour fellow who will maintain the village shrine and also encrust any statues of the various deities with cut gems should that ever be decided a good thing.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 23, 2014, 11:52:40 pm »

The grave-keeper should have the engraving, masonry, jewel setting and farming skills, plus be the only one allowed to haul corpses.  Call him "Mort", Profession: "Mortician".  "Mort" should have a mason's shop down in the basement next to a small furniture stockpile dedicated to slabs and coffins and a little 2x3 farm plot out back around a water well where he can grow his simple meals.  The Shrine/catacombs would be best served adjacent to the doctor's place, so that Mort can be placed in a burrow containing the Shrine/catacombs, his garden and the doctor's place of business.

If this is pleasing to you, I volunteer myself to be dorfed as "Mort" the "Mortician" - a quiet, dour fellow who will maintain the village shrine and also encrust any statues of the various deities with cut gems should that ever be decided a good thing.

I second Bob's motion.  As a gesture of good will, I'll donate three masterwork silver statues to the shrine (though this may take a bit of forging/melting to get them as masterwork).

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 24, 2014, 12:01:24 am »

It seems like a fine way to honor our dear departed friend Doblog dodgod the hunter. It would also encourage the creation of a gem cutting industry thereby increasing the revenues of any hypothetical person whose mine is producing a wealth of uncut stones.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 24, 2014, 12:21:46 am »

It seems like a fine way to honor our dear departed friend Doblog dodgod the hunter. It would also encourage the creation of a gem cutting industry thereby increasing the revenues of any hypothetical person whose mine is producing a wealth of uncut stones.

I agree.  Bodobodo will be missed, and the best way to honor his memory is with a decadent shrine, filled to the brim with various rare and valuable metals that have been produced and worked locally.  There is no such thing as too many steel statues and silver chests and iron swords and golden coffins and copper weapon and armor racks to honor such a noble hunter.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 24, 2014, 12:33:53 pm »

Picked it up, grabbing 40.18 now.  Will make a hospital into PK's house.  He'll sleep modestly on the second floor.

ES will be smelting and/or wood burning.

And a Mausoleum will be erected.  Ill keep a back area for bones  and a space for slabs, but also adding proper coffins for notables at least.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 24, 2014, 02:44:17 pm »

Ahem . . .

PK was frantic.  Since Dobar's death, no progress had been made on healthcare or even the burial of the dead.  Instead, all focus was put onto building human-style abodes while he languished in the inn.  He had, until now, been paying extra to rent the room out all the time; to ensure he would not hotrack.  But, he was at his end.  The dead rotted next to the ravens, and it was too much to bear.  The militia wasn't even set up yet!

Approaching Koreg in his own lavish home, PK demand that amenities were made for the sick, dead, and dying.  That a proper hospital be made, and that a respectable military set up so he would have a practice.  Koreg had rebuffed Pk's advances before, but this time was overcome.

'How dare you deny me my trade and remove me from my dutiful position as broker!'
'You know what, PK?  If you think you can do better, you have my blessing.  One Year.'

Shocked, PK merely mumbled to himself a bit about logistics and planning before walking off to set about crafting his place.  first up, of course, was to return the world to its natural splendor:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And to assist all unionized slackers to work.  Order must give way to production, and order comes from a strong ruler overseer director.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 02:49:18 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 24, 2014, 08:43:09 pm »

-snip-
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
-snip-

Ew gross, ASCII.

What was Broseph using?  Pheobus?  Mayday?

PS, Broseph, don't forget to update the Master Post with the current turn.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 11:05:51 pm by evictedSaint »

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 24, 2014, 11:03:51 pm »

Pheobus.  I use it almost exclusively myself.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 25, 2014, 03:23:21 am »

Ew gross, ASCII.

What was Broseph using?  Pheobus?  Mayday?

PS, Broseph, don't forget to update the Master Post with the current turn.

Phoebus, it's a fantastic tileset.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 54