Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 43

Author Topic: ☼Battle of the 8 Armies☼ - Looking for players (Who wants some Waaaaagh?)  (Read 120878 times)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Battle of the 8 Armies☼ - Looking for players (Who wants some Waaaaagh?)
« Reply #585 on: February 06, 2015, 11:40:44 am »

Thanks for updating!!  Here are the links to Year 5 Humans that were missing from your list.
Year 5 Spring
Year 5 Summer
First Contact
Year 5 Autumn & Winter (save)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 11:42:35 am by smakemupagus »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #586 on: February 06, 2015, 12:40:05 pm »

Oh yeah, I was confused why that was year 6 already. I thought the fortress had some bad times, and you took up their year 5 save instead of scrapping it. They way I understood it, you replayed the year, but I guess I was wrong. ^^

I think I have to check for Jakobs Dwarf posts too, there might have been some I missed. The rest should be clear.

EDIT: Thanks smake, added those to the frontpage. I'll be offline again soon, nighttrain to Moscow. Lots of not-cycling here in Russia. :D
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 12:42:18 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

PyroTechno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: February 06, 2015, 01:15:28 pm »

How do you do colored text?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #588 on: February 06, 2015, 01:23:00 pm »

Code: [Select]
[color=teal][/color]
Its next to all the other options, like formatting, font face, font size... last one is "change color"
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

PyroTechno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: February 06, 2015, 01:24:46 pm »

Code: [Select]
[color=teal][/color]
Its next to all the other options, like formatting, font face, font size... last one is "change color"

Sometimes I don't see obvious things like that. It's a condition I have called "being human". Thank you for your help.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: February 06, 2015, 01:56:42 pm »

They way I understood it, you replayed the year, but I guess I was wrong. ^^

Nope I picked it up right from "I don't even think it's salvageable anymore, but if anyone wants to try to save it or reclaim it be my guest."  :D

PyroTechno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: February 06, 2015, 02:37:47 pm »

WARLOCK Late Winter of 34

14th Obsidian, 34

So, here I am. A once-free spirit now shanghaied into ordering these dicks around for a whole year. Apparently the last Overseer-equivalent in this miserable "tower" went back to meditating or whatever the fuck, so they magicked up a new one.

I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. These guys are completely fucked.

Also, apparently my kind is basically money to them. So, isn't that just fantastic?

15th Obsidian, 34

I can't even find the Craftsman's Workshop anywhere, so I ordered one built. My first use of power. Hooray?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

... Oh, come on, I just fucking got here. Who the hell is it anyway?

Gnomes? What did we do to piss them off - oh, wait, we're evil aren't we?

Okay, let's see, who looks the most badass here?

Hmm. This "Overlord" guy looks good.

17th Obsidian, 34

What do you mean, "you can't get to him"!?!? He's right there!

Right. Fuck you, Overlord, time to call in the other guys.

"ALRIGHT, EVERYONE, THERE ARE GNOMES EVERYWHERE, SOMEONE KILL THESE WHILE THE OVERLORD BRAVELY CAMPS OUT ON TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN INSTEAD OF DOING HIS JOB!!!"

Fuck you, little man, fuck you.

Pictured: A single dude approaches the dozen or so gnome soldiers while everyone else bravely runs away instead of pulling the lever for the bridge like they're supposed to.

18th Obsidian, 34

Spoiler: Combat Log (click to show/hide)

The Crypt Lord rips into the gnomes, but then their war bobcat rips his shoe off and starts savaging him. Hopefully this is buying time for all of the military people to get up to the surface through the convoluted stair network (seriously, didn't the last guy hear about central planning?)

And then, a vaguely competent person saves the day!

At literally the last second, the bridge raises, blocking the gnomes from entering the "tower".

At this point the battle begins to turn in our favor. The Crypt Lord slices the bobcat in the ribs, gets up, and goes for the nearest gnome. The Lady of Bones becomes a whirlwind of death with that whip of hers, and the Overlord apparently fucked off so hard that he whipped back around and actually started killing things.

Only one gnome escapes to tell the tale. The rest are slaughtered.

Aren't I supposed to butcher these or something? Where the hell is that workshop?

Oh, THAT'S where the Craftsman's Workshops are... Well, now there's a new one on the surface, assuming someone actually did something I asked without cancelling at least twice.

Also... why do we have two center libraries?

20th Obsidian, 34

Okay, now that that's over, it's time to begin some new construction on the tower. I was thinking of maybe putting Graveyards on the actual tower instead of outside of it. If I give them enough souls, they won't need me.

With that in mind, I also ordered the construction of some new hourglasses down in the Craftsman's workshop. Or at least, I think that's what I ordered. Maybe I should check back on that...

22nd Obsidian, 34

Yeah, no, that wasn't what I had in mind at all.

I want them to just make hourglasses, but the closest thing is a general "Crafts" order. I tried to order them to just make hourglasses anyway, but they said that I was restricting their creative process and went back to what they were doing. I told them that they were zombies and didn't have creative processes, but all that got me was the finger.

Assholes.

28th Obsidian, 34

I have ordered the construction of many walls on the first floor of the "tower". The open-concept design must be sacrificed if the ridiculous risk of falling into the river is to be conquered. There are some areas of the first floor where it will still be a risk, but one can hardly be expected to wall off ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING...

1st Granite, 35

A new year dawns, and I find myself contemplating my situation. What the hell am I doing here? How long will I prevent my inevitable second death?

Pressing questions. Questions that I don't really have the answers to.

PyroTechno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: February 06, 2015, 02:40:14 pm »

My first Overseer(ish) post! Woot! So, how did I do?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: February 07, 2015, 02:09:08 am »

Well, it was pretty entertaining.  I was curious for a minute there whether you were going to lock out your Overlord alone to be killed by gnomes, which I think would be a non-optimal play, but it worked out OK :D

PyroTechno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: February 07, 2015, 11:48:46 am »

Well, it was pretty entertaining.  I was curious for a minute there whether you were going to lock out your Overlord alone to be killed by gnomes, which I think would be a non-optimal play, but it worked out OK :D

I was under the impression that the Overlord was badass enough to take care of some piddly gnomes, but instead of actually doing that, he went off on a tangent to molest wildlife for a bit before actually dealing with the "Vile Force of Darkness". Once he stopped teabagging that poor kea, THEN he did his job.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #595 on: February 07, 2015, 07:35:18 pm »

PyroTechno, you might want to open the GUI and set your tileset to Masterwork, not Phoebus. The saves were generated with the MDF tileset, so your Phoebus screenshots look a bit... off. It has the wrong tile numbers and all.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: February 07, 2015, 08:21:44 pm »

Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! I want to have the kobold turn for the 4th year!
Pleeeease? Pretty pleeeeease?
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #597 on: February 07, 2015, 08:39:28 pm »

Sure  :)

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: February 07, 2015, 09:31:57 pm »

Sure  :)
Yay!
I'm also confused on how do the turn work on this.
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: February 07, 2015, 11:42:01 pm »

It's not too complicated, once Arcvasti posts the end-of-year 3 Kobold save, you grab it and post to say that you've got it and are active playing year 4, then you go for it. 
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 43