Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 130

Author Topic: Starbound - Caveat emptor  (Read 441145 times)

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - Caveat emptor
« Reply #1170 on: July 28, 2016, 01:05:06 pm »

I'm frankly more offended by the total lack of punctuation and sentence structure...

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: July 28, 2016, 01:07:31 pm »

I'd ask if we could just be rational humans but it looks like that can't happen.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: July 28, 2016, 01:12:35 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: July 28, 2016, 01:35:57 pm »

Meh, I give a 7/10, I've seen more creative uses of fuck derivatives to make it so every word has fuck in it.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: July 28, 2016, 01:45:02 pm »

That...wall of text. Huehuehue. :V

And honestly, I only used "Chucklefuck" because you lot caught me in a fairly salty mood at that time, and I'm by no means the first to use that petty insult.

I don't really muck about on their forum, so if I did I'd probably be using it more in response to their inability to handle a community. From what I know, it's even worse than their tumultuous game development methods.

For now, I'll simply summarize my present opinion of the game, excluding my being tired of it due to a derpcat having been pestering me to do multiplayer almost every day: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198034663118/recommended/211820
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: July 28, 2016, 02:02:23 pm »

Meh, I give a 7/10, I've seen more creative uses of fuck derivatives to make it so every word has fuck in it.
https://youtu.be/ceaSjzkiAUs?t=5s

Lucidvizion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: July 28, 2016, 02:05:17 pm »

Chucklefish:  Worse than Comcast and Monsanto

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: July 28, 2016, 02:22:18 pm »

Monsanto ruins lives. Comcast has monopolies. Chucklfish sells a product you can ignore. Big differences.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: July 28, 2016, 02:39:45 pm »

Ooh. Ooooh. This is some hot garbage here, to quote another Vin.

So I was playing singleplayer. Remember how I've mentioned my shitty net as one of the other reasons I don't do multiplayer that much?

A friend joined in. While I was playing. Single. Player. You know WHY Chucklefish can't figure out how to add a pause function? Because they can't figure out how to make a single player mode that isn't "host a server without TELLING you it's really online."

This is some Diablo 3 horseshit right there.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: July 28, 2016, 02:54:44 pm »

Wait what? How did they join you? Did they use steam friends or something?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: July 28, 2016, 03:10:12 pm »

A friend joined in. On a Steam game. Yes, of bloody course it was a Steam friend.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: July 28, 2016, 03:30:09 pm »

It's working as intended. They're going to implement Soulsborne-style invasion PvP to make up for the utterly rubbish PvP prior to this.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: July 28, 2016, 03:33:23 pm »

It's working as intended. They're going to implement Soulsborne-style invasion PvP to make up for the utterly rubbish PvP prior to this.

That is fucking bullshit.

First, if they actually TOLD you single player was really just multiplayer by another name, I wouldn't be so pissed. Even then, this is not the sort of game that needs to be always-online.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: July 28, 2016, 03:58:14 pm »

Wat?

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: July 28, 2016, 05:16:30 pm »

Uh, since people are suddenly responding to my comment...

I mean, seriously? "Chucklefuck"? I really didn't think people in this forum were that petty.
I recall someone (probably you) saying this EXACT thing when I used the term.

Yup. It was a while ago though. And now I can partially accept it because Starbound was worse than. Though this time I didn't do anything like copy+pasting the old post.

As I said, it's just petty. Im personally just tired of seeing it. But the real point of he post was about the Chucklefish hate as a whole, not the term. The thread is about Starbound, and it used to feel like it was actually the "Official Chucklefish Hate Thread" where Starbound was only ever mentioned as proof of why Chucklefish is so evil. It's not quite that now, but I am really sick of people saying the same exact things about Chucklefish that I've already seen in the thread numerous times.

But I don't control what any of you says. So woe is me, I guess.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 130