Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 130

Author Topic: Starbound - Caveat emptor  (Read 441175 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - Caveat emptor
« Reply #1665 on: August 13, 2016, 11:47:39 pm »

They're compatible, yeah. I'm using them together.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: August 13, 2016, 11:52:45 pm »

They're compatible, yeah. I'm using them together.

Thanks! To the workshop it is, then.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: August 14, 2016, 12:20:12 am »

Three things:

Is there a way to set where you beam down?  I could've sworn there was.

Is there a mod that adds pause functionality?

Is this game seriously finished?  And they didn't add pause? 
Shoes...

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: August 14, 2016, 12:24:42 am »

Flags, they allow you to set where you beam down, and you don't even need to be at the planet to beam to them. Just look at a teleporter.

I don't know, there might be.

I don't really understand it that well either, but it's not that big of a deal to save and quit I guess. Needs a pause function though, I will agree.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: August 14, 2016, 12:27:04 am »

Starbound doesn't pause because like current minecraft it's actually keeping a server instance running as you play, so you can have friends join through steam or whatever if they want to. It's not likely to be added. You stay where you are when you exit to the main menu though, so if you need to go for a bit you can just exit out and hop right back in.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: August 14, 2016, 07:50:37 am »

On the artifact quests:

If I scan stuff before I get the quest, will it count or will I have to come back and re-scan it later?

When I come across a settlement for a race that I don't have the quest for, should I scan things or just drop a flag to bookmark it for later?

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: August 14, 2016, 09:36:36 am »

Starbound doesn't pause because like current minecraft it's actually keeping a server instance running as you play, so you can have friends join through steam or whatever if they want to. It's not likely to be added. You stay where you are when you exit to the main menu though, so if you need to go for a bit you can just exit out and hop right back in.

No, Starbound doesn't pause because the developers couldn't be bothered to add that feature. Diablo 3, for instance, is also always played on a multiplayer server, and not even a local one. And guess what, if you're alone in a game you can pause no problem. Nothing impossible about that.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: August 14, 2016, 11:30:36 am »

On the artifact quests:

If I scan stuff before I get the quest, will it count or will I have to come back and re-scan it later?

When I come across a settlement for a race that I don't have the quest for, should I scan things or just drop a flag to bookmark it for later?

I just had that same issue. Far as I can tell, you have to rescan everything. If you have a pixel printer, you may want to scan things now. Otherwise dropping a flag is a good idea.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: August 14, 2016, 11:37:59 am »

On the artifact quests:

I just had that same issue. Far as I can tell, you have to rescan everything. If you have a pixel printer, you may want to scan things now. Otherwise dropping a flag is a good idea.
Actually nope! (Well at least in my case .-.; )
I've scanned a few villages worth (especially those floran bone carvings and statues \o/ It's ALWAYS statues and carvings/art for most, other than a few Hylotl art) and they've registered. Esther will remark that she's found some stuff already scanned and it'll be added to the bar once the quest becomes active.
But ALWAYS drop a flag just in case, anyway. Thanks to people in this thread mentioning flags, I've saved a ton of time.

Also having an engineer crew member does wonders. Spending just 10 fuel or such to travel long distances does wonders. It's lowered in the nice links to the mod (which I can't download on the workshop because Steam is strange right now :-\), so that's my next goal.

How does one increase their crew member cap, by the way, other than increasing the ship level? Higher tier personal armor and that's all? I've (FINALLY) gotten to T6 armor and...I can only get around 10 on the Condor (human T6 ship). The wiki mentions 12?

Edit: oops ._. Sorry Shadowlord. I was referencing details on the Starbound Wiki (Crew) page :-[ Sometimes my statements seem aligned when I write them down, but then I notice the gaps when I reread them. Thanks for the comment! >_<
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 11:58:42 am by Tiruin »

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: August 14, 2016, 11:50:07 am »

Ship... armor?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #1675 on: August 14, 2016, 01:30:28 pm »

So colonists are generated based on the items around the colony deed, right? Aren't human colonies basically just tents?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: August 14, 2016, 01:52:17 pm »

So colonists are generated based on the items around the colony deed, right? Aren't human colonies basically just tents?

Search furniture for "human" - for example ship doors are race specific.  I think it only takes three race specific objects to influence the race of the colonists.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: August 14, 2016, 03:11:09 pm »

I think it only takes three race specific objects to influence the race of the colonists.

It's not the number of objects, it's the number of blocks that they occupy. You need to have at least 6 race-specific blocks. Some objects only occupy 1 block, so it's possible to have 3 or more and not attract a specific race tenant. One large object that's 6 or more blocks is enough.

As for the various racial and other tags, the wiki has a handy list: http://starbounder.org/Tag
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 03:25:28 pm by Sordid »

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: August 14, 2016, 04:45:13 pm »

USCM prisons and bunkers count, too.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: August 14, 2016, 06:02:00 pm »

USCM prisons and bunkers count, too.

This is sorta true, but they can also generate unique tennants, meaning if you want plain humans it's not a great idea to use a whole lot.

Plus last I heard the bunkers are gone. The items remain in game, just not placed.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 130