Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 491582 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer!
« Reply #210 on: July 29, 2015, 08:53:18 am »

Oh indeed, I'll be fielding a lot of musketeers in my empire army.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 29, 2015, 09:31:10 am »

The main reason I want Skaven in this game is the weird shit they field. I just want to go wild with a doom-wheel, while warplightining cannon shots fly through the air, and a rattling gun starts spinning wildly and chewing through a unit of slaves. Ahhhh, good times.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 29, 2015, 09:51:44 am »

The main reason I want Skaven in this game is the weird shit they field. I just want to go wild with a doom-wheel, while warplightining cannon shots fly through the air, and a rattling gun starts spinning wildly and chewing through a unit of slaves. Ahhhh, good times.
It's not impossible they won't be added in the future, since it looks like they'll do something like Shogun 2. So I am guessing there will be free and DLC factions as well as fall/rise of the samurai style campaings with extra stuff. The devs did mention that by the end, you'll get a large map with various factions (if you got everything). I am willing to bet one of the expansions will be high elves vs dark elves, with maybe some stuff like lizardmen on the side.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 29, 2015, 10:35:00 am »

I believe the information so far has pointed towards them planning to include the whole old world area. It's a bit fuzzy on what that actually includes, since it's not really a well defined area, but factions within this map are a possibility. They did mention that each expansion would expand the campaign map area.

Empire, Orcs and Goblins, Vampire Counts, Dwarves. Possible expansions could include Bretonnia, Wood Elves, Skaven, Border Princes, Kislev, Norse Tribes, Beastmen and Night Goblins.
Less likely, even though they're on the map would be things like Chaos Dwarves, Tilia, Estalia and Halflings.

Larger factions like Ogre Kingdoms, High Elves, Dark Elves, Lizardmen and Tomb Kings, while not in the area on the map, could have expedition forces.

In other news; A new video has been released showing off the "Luminark of Hysh". A large focusing array that will be used to shoot at large enemy monsters as well as protect nearby forces through a magic aura or forcefield.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 29, 2015, 11:26:56 am »

I believe the information so far has pointed towards them planning to include the whole old world area. It's a bit fuzzy on what that actually includes, since it's not really a well defined area, but factions within this map are a possibility. They did mention that each expansion would expand the campaign map area.

Empire, Orcs and Goblins, Vampire Counts, Dwarves. Possible expansions could include Bretonnia, Wood Elves, Skaven, Border Princes, Kislev, Norse Tribes, Beastmen and Night Goblins.
Less likely, even though they're on the map would be things like Chaos Dwarves, Tilia, Estalia and Halflings.

Larger factions like Ogre Kingdoms, High Elves, Dark Elves, Lizardmen and Tomb Kings, while not in the area on the map, could have expedition forces.

In other news; A new video has been released showing off the "Luminark of Hysh". A large focusing array that will be used to shoot at large enemy monsters as well as protect nearby forces through a magic aura or forcefield.
I doubt border princes will be playable. Or, if they are, I guess they'll just use the rosters of other factions.

I really doubt it, but I'd like to see Cathay in some form, especially since they probably have the most amount of fluff from the factions that never appear.

Also, I really want to see the effect of a giant magical laser in the general strategy of the game.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 11:28:52 am by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 29, 2015, 01:30:23 pm »

I'd say it's almost assured that Skaven will make an appearance in an expansion pack - they're probably the most loved/iconic race and a no-brainer for a big expansion.

I'm very interested to see how these 'mega-weapons' line up. Old Total Wars don't really have that sort of thing, so it'll be interesting how they balance that. I have a fear that the mega-weapons will either be distinctly underwhelming or the balancing will just be terrible.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 29, 2015, 10:35:17 pm »

I get the feeling that they'll be useful rather solely against large enemies like Giants. The Luminark of Hysh probably fires a narrow beam that deals a lot of damage/high armour piercing at a single target or small blast radius. Not so useful against blocks of infantry but certainly something you could use against artillery, heroes or other things like trolls and heavy cavalry. The protection aura it has will also make it useful, though whether that increases defence for nearby units or if it is something like a shield that protects against arrows and/or magic spells I don't know.

Luminark of Hysh for the Empire. Possibly the Anvil of Doom for the Dwarves, Mortis Engine/Covan Throne/Black Coach for Vampire Counts. Orcs and Goblins, being melee focused, might have the Arachnarok Spider as their big doomy thing.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 30, 2015, 09:29:06 am »

Can't watch the whole thing because I'm at work, but I took a quick peek and now am quite excited. I love how lumbering the Orcs look when running.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 30, 2015, 10:13:30 am »

I hope they give us unnecessarily large unit scale options, as well as army sizes (when the hell are we going to see 40 slots Tee Dubs!?!?), also yes am super excite. What's really important though is that I hope they fix the hell out of those charges... Guy mentioned something about adding better animations, but the cavalry really need some PENETRATION, like... when the wolves charged the empire they just kinda stopped at the front line.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 30, 2015, 10:17:06 am »

Those guns would have been completely annihilated if that charge was standard.

Edit: I'm pretty excited that you can finally have armies consisting of single dudes.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 30, 2015, 10:35:28 am »

Yes, they mentioned that the cavalry vs cavalry charge animations would be reworked as they were stopping upon hitting. I would guess it's because they want more of those "leap into combat" moments. The trolls smash through enemy units pretty nicely, and it looks like those bug units, as well as the heroes like Warrior Priests have small AOE attacks from the little shockwaves. Grimgor had something similar with sending soldiers flying when swinging about.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 30, 2015, 10:56:46 am »

AoE is so beautiful. This the game that The Third Age Mod is gonna be redone on, mark my words.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 30, 2015, 11:27:56 am »

Cavalry impacts defenitely need more work, but the infantry looked a lot better. Did you see the impact of the first troll unit? Looked like it smashed half of their opponents in the first charge.

Right about here.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 11:47:43 am by Sirus »
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 277