Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 491382 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer!
« Reply #225 on: July 30, 2015, 12:39:32 pm »

So the Chaos god this time is Tzeentch isn't it?

It's probably the first time he'll show up in a Warhammer game. Normally it's Khorne and Nurgle.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 30, 2015, 12:41:43 pm »

I always get my Chaos Gods mixed up (the only god is the Great Horned Rat!). Tzeentch is the mutationy one, yes? Is it Khorne is blood/violence, Nurgle is sickness/plauge, tzeentch is magic/mutation, and Slannesh is BDSM. Right?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 30, 2015, 12:57:04 pm »

It hasn't been said in so many words, and they've really said nothing further about Chaos as a faction in game, but in the cinematic trailer a corrupted mage summoned a "Lord of Change", the greater daemon of Tzeentch.

@timferius: Yes, they can be colour coded as well. Tzeentch: Blue, Khorne: Red, Nurgle: Green, Slaanesh: Pink.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 30, 2015, 01:16:42 pm »

Cavalry impacts defenitely need more work, but the infantry looked a lot better. Did you see the impact of the first troll unit? Looked like it smashed half of their opponents in the first charge.

Right about here.

Yes, it looks like they've really nailed it down! Perfect actually, just enough people get toasted to make you scared even watching it, but enough remain standing for you to say, "yes, i'll take a swing before fleeing for my life"
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 30, 2015, 01:21:55 pm »

It hasn't been said in so many words, and they've really said nothing further about Chaos as a faction in game, but in the cinematic trailer a corrupted mage summoned a "Lord of Change", the greater daemon of Tzeentch.

@timferius: Yes, they can be colour coded as well. Tzeentch: Blue, Khorne: Red, Nurgle: Green, Slaanesh: Pink.
That is really thoughtful of them.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 30, 2015, 02:17:08 pm »

It's probably the first time he'll show up in a Warhammer game. Normally it's Khorne and Nurgle.
Tzeentch featured in Warhammer Online too, for whatever that's worth.

I'm guessing Chaos might appear as sort of "religion", in that the empire can turn to chaos. Little point in showing off the Lord of Change otherwise.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 30, 2015, 02:18:42 pm »

I'm guessing Chaos might appear as sort of "religion", in that the empire can turn to chaos. Little point in showing off the Lord of Change otherwise.

That would be an interesting idea for a mechanic, because lore wise, the forces of chaos only invade when their heresies spread in the empire, and indeed their greatest champions usually hail from such.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 30, 2015, 02:20:49 pm »

That would be an interesting idea for a mechanic, because lore wise, the forces of chaos only invade when their heresies spread in the empire, and indeed their greatest champions usually hail from such.
There's the northmen too, but I am guessing these will appear as expansion/dlc content.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 30, 2015, 02:24:42 pm »

Yes, but if I recall they're even worse than 40k at getting united. Still are typical vikings though in raiding I suppose.

Nick K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 30, 2015, 04:09:23 pm »

I suspect a chaos invasion might be the late-game challenge this time, instead of a civil war. I hope they have a playable chaos faction at some point though.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 30, 2015, 04:29:30 pm »

I think Civil War might be pretty early in the game, especially if we're dealing with the vampire counts.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 30, 2015, 05:37:05 pm »

I'm probably going to spend an inordinate amount of time playing this in Doom Diver FPV mode. Tactics be damned.

It looks like they've really captured the balance between grimdark, serious and humorous needed for a Warhammer game to be cool. We can only hope that giants still have a "Stuff down pants" attack, for the ultimate way of killing enemy heroes.

Until then, Weeeeeeeee! SPLAT!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 05:43:31 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 30, 2015, 05:59:37 pm »

This looked incredible. I honestly can't wait!
I do think releasing it without the 'proper' cavalry charges was a bit of a miss-step on their behalf though. Firstly, it definitely doesn't look as impressive as it would do if they were fully implemented, thereby kinda lessening the impact of the video and secondly, they're going to have to make massive changes now that it's been so poor to start with. If they don't pull out something really great everyones going to be moaning about how rubbish cavalry charges are forever.

I thought the doomdiver thing looked fun, but a bit gimmicky - i'm fine with that and all, but I really don't want them to sacrifice gameplay/tactics for gimmicky stuff.

With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 30, 2015, 06:19:07 pm »

Yeah, as long as you don't have to aim them FPV, it'll be fine.

It does show the versatility of the engine as well. Depending on how moddable it is on release, there's going to be a heap of things able to be done.
It's a game. Have fun.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 03, 2015, 02:33:59 am »

I was more annoyed by the giant only killing one enemy at time then by the cav. charge.

I recall some of the mods that turned former Total War Games into Lord of the Rings playing quite well, with the orcs having littarl waves of worthless 200 unit squads and trolls playing akin to wrecking balls on legs
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 277