Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 489119 times)

ragnar119

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer!
« Reply #255 on: September 17, 2015, 03:06:26 pm »

40 min video of the same demo battle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvOZEj6VaiE

Kenpokiller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 18, 2015, 04:01:33 pm »

I need this in my life

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 18, 2015, 04:41:19 pm »

Never played a TW game. I assume you can pause and issue commands like in most RTS war games?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 18, 2015, 05:12:05 pm »

Never played a TW game. I assume you can pause and issue commands like in most RTS war games?

Full Real Time, no pausing (except at the beginning to set formations)

Hetairos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 18, 2015, 05:19:39 pm »

What? You can totally pause and order, except in legendary difficulty I think.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 18, 2015, 05:21:52 pm »

Full Real Time, no pausing (except at the beginning to set formations)
Well, you can pause if you are in single-player. That's mostly so you can leave the computer if needed.

Speaking of TW in general, anyone know any sort of guide to Rome2/Attila? Because while I was slightly decent in Rome 1 and Medieval 2, and mediocre in Shogun 2, I am horribly bad at the newest two (and desire to stop being bad so I can properly enjoy this one when it comes out).
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 18, 2015, 05:40:41 pm »

Whoops, been playing too much multi lately then for it.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 18, 2015, 06:08:21 pm »

Speaking of TW in general, anyone know any sort of guide to Rome2/Attila? Because while I was slightly decent in Rome 1 and Medieval 2, and mediocre in Shogun 2, I am horribly bad at the newest two (and desire to stop being bad so I can properly enjoy this one when it comes out).

Are you talking single or multi? I never really played multi but got quite decent at Attila. I found Attila was a lot more about slow and defensive play, using raiding parties to fill up your coffers in single player. I never really used any guides, but I always had the wiki open to check my opponents strengths/weaknesses.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 18, 2015, 06:23:21 pm »

Are you talking single or multi? I never really played multi but got quite decent at Attila. I found Attila was a lot more about slow and defensive play, using raiding parties to fill up your coffers in single player. I never really used any guides, but I always had the wiki open to check my opponents strengths/weaknesses.
Single. I played multiplayer in Shogun 2, but it's not really my thing.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 18, 2015, 07:21:34 pm »

Are you talking about a guide for the campaign or for the battles?

Because I think asking for both might be a little out of the scope of this thread, heh.

Here's some tips from me:

Campaign:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Battle:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thankfully, I think the battles, strategy, and potential for multiplayer will be more fun with Warhammer rules. Because there are guns, flying units, magic, cannons, flamethrowers, and zany stuff to alter the dynamics. After all, who cares about unit lines when you can drop a meteor on that clump of dudes?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 18, 2015, 07:31:05 pm »

Thanks Umiman. Some of these may actually be what I was doing wrong (upgrading too many buildings and not creating tons of cheap units, as well as not actually doing siege battles (rather waiting for them to sally forth for a field one)).

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 19, 2015, 11:02:35 pm »

read up on tactics and strategy, and remember that the army that marches, loses. (most of the time)
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 19, 2015, 11:15:50 pm »

I need this in my life

+1. I was a fan of the original Rome, and this looks like it'll really be shaking up the formula. Hopefully the AI can't be outmaneuvered as easily as in Rome though.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 19, 2015, 11:25:36 pm »

I'm really excited for the unit diversity of this game. It'll be interesting to be able to combine napoleonic and medieval tactics! I love tactics!!!!! Strategy too, but i'm not quite as adept at it past realizing when it's time for me to withdraw my forces or the importance of sacrificing a few for many.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 19, 2015, 11:30:06 pm »

Have we seen any pics or video of the forces of Chaos yet? I want to see mobs of heavily armored Warriors :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 277