Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 491402 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Out today!
« Reply #750 on: May 25, 2016, 02:19:57 pm »

Played as Vampire counts, took control of sylvania, and then everyone left me alone for thirty turns whilst I played with the tech tree and ramped up my corruption.
Unless the end times hits soon I'm gonna be unstoppable... y'know, when I eventually decide to kill some humans.

Dwarves on the other hand have horrible population growth. Realize now that it's not money which is a problem for Dwarves, it's getting large enough fortresses.
Takes absolutely ages. (Plus didn't realize that salt mines gave a military bonus).

Is everyone's Military bonus resources basically Iron + Unique? Like vamps is wood, empire is pasture, etc.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! It's out!
« Reply #751 on: May 25, 2016, 02:23:34 pm »

My main problem is the loading times. It takes ages on my external harddrive. I wish I had a SSD...

External hard drive? Holy shit balls dude...Why in gods name would you even do that? haha

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: May 25, 2016, 02:28:31 pm »

Warhammer Total War is now downloading :D

Gonna be playing as the Vampires :D
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: May 25, 2016, 03:32:09 pm »

Man I REALLY wish the Chaos Wastes would chill out a bit. They wiped out Praug/Troll Country while I was busy consolidating the Empire and now I've got 3-5 full stacks of Varg/Skaeling constantly raiding my coasts while also dealing with actual Chaos armies. I have literally not fought anything but other Empire troops and Chaos Troops for my 140 turn game.

It seems like they can just generate stacks of armies regardless of how often I sack their cities or destroy their armeis, which is getting frustrating. I've had to devote 3 of my 4 standing armies just to keep them at my borders. Every time I try to un-raze Praug I get pushed back by 3-4 constant sieges and my progress gets wiped. It'd be nice if major cities kept a little more infrastructure when you resettle them.

Not that it matters now though, since Harvey Birdman showed up with Mr. Everchosen. Took them out then immediately and now I still have to deal with 2 more stacks of Chaos dudes, plus 3 Varg stacks.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 03:36:55 pm by Smitehappy »
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: May 25, 2016, 04:52:53 pm »

Are forces of nurgle represented here at all? :c

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: May 25, 2016, 04:59:29 pm »

Are forces of nurgle represented here at all? :c
Sigvald aside, it's pretty much full Undivided. Which is kind of refreshing since in WHFB it's Nurgle all day, every day.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: May 25, 2016, 05:07:09 pm »

My main problem is the loading times. It takes ages on my external harddrive. I wish I had a SSD...

External hard drive? Holy shit balls dude...Why in gods name would you even do that? haha
I am le stupid. Real reason: my computer's base HDD is small and old. The only other HDD slot is taken up by another failed HDD (this one was 1TB) that's jammed stuck in there and can't be removed unless I remove the entire mobo and frame to pull it out somehow. I have two 1TB HDDs externally that I use instead.

sprinkled chariot: Pretty much the only time you'll hear about Nurgle is when the Chaos guys talk about him during the battle chatter and in the Great Unclean One achievement.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: May 25, 2016, 05:08:19 pm »

There are nurgle banners which give a melee defense bonus to the unit you put them on.  And there are nurgle events, but nothing super nurgly.

It didn't occur to me until I was thinking about the gods, but in a Warhammer game the lack of unit customization is kind of a glaring omission.  It's not really Total War's thing to customize armies, or their thing at all, but still, come on.  Chaos guys look boring as hell in their steel/brass armor with no paint at all.
Shoes...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: May 25, 2016, 05:51:53 pm »

I'm kinda glad CA pulled a Shogun 2 instead of a Rome 2. I don't regret this purchase (even though it was so expensive in my puny Canadian dollars...).

Looks like a lot of people really like it too. I see a lot of room for improvement but with the availability of mods (this was what tipped me over into buying it) and how I've seen them polish their past games (look at Rome 2 today) I'm sure it will be even better than its already pretty good self. (one more bracket for good measure)

I started a new campaign with the better camera, more skills points, resized lords and heroes, and no aggressive agents mods.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: May 25, 2016, 06:40:12 pm »

Oh shit, I need that no aggressive agents mod.  My chaos game had five fucking people surrounding Kholek at all times, spamming missions.

Another nice drawback would be to increase injury chance for subsequent missions, seeing as they're gonna get wise when you try the same shit four times in a row.
Shoes...

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: May 25, 2016, 07:23:43 pm »

Well, the game does kinda make for some epic Battles. I'm quite proud of this one:

(WARNING, large picture!)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think I'll stick with hard Difficulty for now, seems to have the best balance between challenge and cheating AI.
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: May 25, 2016, 07:35:02 pm »

Are the skull and crossbones kills? Chaos Lord be takin' people to Pain Town.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: May 25, 2016, 09:05:14 pm »

Oh shit, I need that no aggressive agents mod.  My chaos game had five fucking people surrounding Kholek at all times, spamming missions.

Another nice drawback would be to increase injury chance for subsequent missions, seeing as they're gonna get wise when you try the same shit four times in a row.
Yeah, I recommend it. Because the AI don't have upkeep costs or money problems to speak of they just spam them nonstop.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: May 25, 2016, 10:11:05 pm »

I remember something kind of like that was in Medieval 2. If you kept trying to assassinate a character, they'd gain traits like paranoid that would reduce the chances of subsequent attempts.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: May 25, 2016, 10:58:20 pm »

I remember something kind of like that was in Medieval 2. If you kept trying to assassinate a character, they'd gain traits like paranoid that would reduce the chances of subsequent attempts.
That was actually pretty cool. You could most easily see that with popes, since they were so hard to kill in the first place. The little assassination videos were pretty funny for targeting him, too (crossbow bolt hitting his mitre instead of his head, for example).
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 277