Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 491449 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! It's out!
« Reply #855 on: May 29, 2016, 06:07:53 am »

I'm orcs so I use mine to zog 'em up.  My non-legendary lords both have Wyverns now, Skulka Gorkamorka and Krusha Morkagorka.  I heard bad things about flyers but they're pretty sick.  It might be partly cause I build my combat lords to be 'ard boyz, so they've got a ton of armor and melee defense.  They still take a lot of damage usually, but being able to drop on archers and artillery is worth. 

Spider cavalry too, spider cavalry is one of my favorites, and if I lose my boar boyz I'd probably replace them with more spiders.  Fast as hell, hide in forest, at worst they're tarpits that break up formations while the green tide is rolling up, at best they flank around and kill the squishy guys at the back.

Haven't used any magic so far.  A little disappointed by the Araknaroks.  They're slow as shit, basically invincible, and scary, but they don't seem to put on a whole lot of hurt, and they tire out really fast and get even slower.
Shoes...

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: May 29, 2016, 07:57:10 am »

LOTR total war when

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: May 29, 2016, 08:42:08 am »

Given how this game went, I wouldn't want them to make a LOTR's game.

"Elves are only allowed to fight Orcs, but can only take Elf provinces because it would just be weird for them to resettle lands that Orcs once had"

Well today is the last day to decide if I want Total War: Warhammer and actually have a social life for the next few months and play with friends... As after today the Chaos warriors will cost money and it will no longer be worth buying.

One thing that has been bugging me is that there are Vampire and Chaos influence. But the AI cheats like mad... Are they even as affected by those as you are?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: May 29, 2016, 08:46:01 am »

Just dont' buy the fucking game dude.  All you've done in this thread is post about how you have to buy the game but you can't but you will because you won't because it's an evil conspiracy to keep orcs out of human lands.
Shoes...

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: May 29, 2016, 08:47:09 am »

... been watching vids. Game looks pretty damn enticing, but unfortunately I can't afford it and I'm preeeetty sure I couldn't run it even if I could (the best processor I have access to is a 2.1 ghz dual core :V). Still probably the most attracted I've been to a total war game in ever. Anyway. Been watching campaign attempts. Wanna' see some more!

Would... would any of you be able to recommend one that's not either entirely or sporadically what amounts to physically painful to watch?
I'm in the same boat as you, wanting the game but with the same concerns. I've been watching a couple of let's plays and enjoying them. Specifically this one who hasn't played a total war since Empire, and this one by someone whose channel is devoted to total war. Hope one of these helps.

LOTR total war when
Have you played the Third Age mod for Medieval II?

Given how this game went, I wouldn't want them to make a LOTR's game.

"Elves are only allowed to fight Orcs, but can only take Elf provinces because it would just be weird for them to resettle lands that Orcs once had"
Except the second part would make even more sense in LOTR Total War than in this one.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: May 29, 2016, 09:07:31 am »

Hadn't seen that first one, yet, so definite thanks, heh.

Had ran into the second, though. Actually the first LP I noticed. He... he was honestly the most painful to watch in combat, iirc. Spent all time maneuvering, basically no time fighting, massive losses that wouldn't have happened if the blighter'd just attack instead of prancing around like a git. Couldn't seem to grasp the concept of walking zombies into enemy lines, despite repeatedly stating the intent to do so, or something along those lines. Only about middle tier in terms of empire management incompetence, though, which was something. Still pretty painful, but not most painful. Unless I've got them mixed up and that's the one that wandered around like a chicken with their head cut off, doing nothing much at all, in a vampire campaign, in which case they were the worst I've yet encountered :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: May 29, 2016, 09:13:26 am »

That wound have driven me nuts. I can't stand incompetent Letsplayers. I just go "Noooo! do that!"

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: May 29, 2016, 09:43:59 am »

Hadn't seen that first one, yet, so definite thanks, heh.

Had ran into the second, though. Actually the first LP I noticed. He... he was honestly the most painful to watch in combat, iirc. Spent all time maneuvering, basically no time fighting, massive losses that wouldn't have happened if the blighter'd just attack instead of prancing around like a git. Couldn't seem to grasp the concept of walking zombies into enemy lines, despite repeatedly stating the intent to do so, or something along those lines. Only about middle tier in terms of empire management incompetence, though, which was something. Still pretty painful, but not most painful. Unless I've got them mixed up and that's the one that wandered around like a chicken with their head cut off, doing nothing much at all, in a vampire campaign, in which case they were the worst I've yet encountered :V
My level of pain tolerance must be higher than yours than (although I have skipped a few of his battles). I've only seen his chaos let's play, mainly to understand how they work. Although Total war games in general seem to not make the best let's play material, since it requires a bit of concentration that is hard to get when you're trying to talk and entertain an audience.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: May 29, 2016, 10:19:08 am »

Black Venom's remaining annoyingly reticent to join me and I just found out.  The waaagh finally crossed the mountains into umie land and it's the fucking apocalypse up here.  Basically Attila all over again, everything's trashed, orcs and vampires are running amok while Karl Franz holds some random border town against rebels and a vampire army's raiding Altdorf unchecked.  It's nuts, but we'll sort it all out.  Got three armies heading over the mountains, and a fourth following behind, plus one waaagh.  Giants, Araknaroks, chariots and savage orc hordes, everything's coming up green.
Shoes...

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: May 29, 2016, 01:30:49 pm »

The forces of Chaos have been largely routed by the efforts of my Vampires. Archaon, the Lord of Change, Sigvald and Kholek have all been driven back to the Chaos Wastes for the time being, their weaker comrades are scattered and being picked off by the Dwarves, Vampires and Estalia. In their wake the Empire has been reduced to ashes and the Bretonnians have been utterly slain. Though the Empire still exists, it has been driven far far to the West. Altdorf lies in ruins and the lands to the North are wracked with Chaos taint. Estalia has claimed enough land that they now border the ruins of Altdorf and outnumber the forces of Karl Franz.

The borders of Sylvania have spread far to the North and West. A new fortress is being built upon the ruins of Kislev to serve as a bulwark against future incursions by the Chaos hordes. The Chaos corruption that spread through the lands has to be dealt with though, for it fosters frequent rebellions against the rule of the Von Carsteins.

EDIT: Just did something I didn't think I'd ever pull off. I finished off the Warriors of Chaos. Mannfred von Carstein hunted down and slew Archaon and the last of his servants in Fort Oberstyre. There are no more hordes belonging to the faction, and they've ceased existing. The Skaeling and Varg factions still exist, so I still have warriors to hunt down, but I think I may soon be able to lay claim to all of the human lands without having to worry about my stuff getting razed by the next wandering madman to blunder by.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 04:07:29 pm by Grim Portent »
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: May 29, 2016, 04:21:40 pm »

One thing I'd read umiman about the story quests (that give you a hero I guess, I'm not sure since I haven't played) is that instead of walking there you can pay a certain amount of gold to teleport to their location on the map or something, that could be helpful with getting the early hero.

Also on the unit sizes and hp thing, they're tied to unit numbers actually, I'm not sure if it was mentioned here before, but basically playing with higher soldier count (so a graphics option) spreads the total unit hp over a larger number of bodies, making them all more susceptible to AoE spells and the like. So lowering the graphics settings makes units more resistant to AoE damage in essence.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: May 29, 2016, 04:57:38 pm »

One thing I'd read umiman about the story quests (that give you a hero I guess, I'm not sure since I haven't played) is that instead of walking there you can pay a certain amount of gold to teleport to their location on the map or something, that could be helpful with getting the early hero.
It's 5000 gold.

You mostly use the teleport to get to those quest places that are like in the middle of nowhere. If not... well... it's fricking 5000g. That's a shittonne of money.

------------

The magic damage boost mods have started coming out. I got as many as I could and it is bloody glorious. I learned that it's not that Wizards don't have their kills from spells recorded, it's that their spells didn't kill anything before (other than death). I just ended some battles where my Bright Wizard had 580 kills.

So much better.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: May 29, 2016, 05:16:30 pm »

Which... yeah, is something of a waste considering the quest always seems to spawn within a turn or two of your capital. One away from the town they give yeh a mission to nab right off the bat. If you want it, you're probably not going to be walking long to get it.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: May 29, 2016, 05:38:58 pm »

It's 5000 gold.

You mostly use the teleport to get to those quest places that are like in the middle of nowhere. If not... well... it's fricking 5000g. That's a shittonne of money.

------------

The magic damage boost mods have started coming out. I got as many as I could and it is bloody glorious. I learned that it's not that Wizards don't have their kills from spells recorded, it's that their spells didn't kill anything before (other than death). I just ended some battles where my Bright Wizard had 580 kills.

So much better.

which magic damage mods are you using? I took a quick look and saw this

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=692444979&searchtext=magic

but, my phone internet is so slow where I am. So haven't been able to look past that (well I can, its just super slow)
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: May 29, 2016, 06:21:10 pm »

which magic damage mods are you using? I took a quick look and saw this

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=692444979&searchtext=magic

but, my phone internet is so slow where I am. So haven't been able to look past that (well I can, its just super slow)
Vampire_spells.pack, empire_spells.pack, bright_wizard_spells.pack, lore_of_metal_spells.pack, extra winds of magic

The only magic that hasn't been buffed is light magic.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 277