Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 491442 times)

Hetairos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! It's out!
« Reply #1185 on: July 15, 2016, 01:20:22 pm »

When playing a dwarf campaign on hard, Hellcannons were about as much of an annoyance as Doom Diver catapults. Which is a fairly large one, mind you, with a killcount regularly reaching triple digits. Inaccurate, but devastating a whole unit in a few hits. Still, an experienced unit of regular cannons could take them out fairly reliably.

skaven
Look, the notion that a race of malevolent ratmen live beneath our cities is preposterous. It's just a ploy by Marienburg merchants to drive up cheese prices.

In all fairness it kind of is outright freeken ridiculous... Especially the more they extrapolate on it and show.

It is why my theory is that the sewers are actually the ruins of a much larger more advanced civilization that all cities are built ontop of.

And you might be right, considering many human cities are built on top of elven ruins after all.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: July 15, 2016, 03:10:36 pm »

Finally won as Chaos. After chasing the Empire all the way back to Kislev, Bretonnia went down fast and smoothly. Only ever had 1 stack, led by Sigvald, and never went into Norsca (which led to the Varg becoming the second strongest faction, after the stunties). Took exactly 200 turns too.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: July 15, 2016, 03:20:17 pm »

Finally won as Chaos. After chasing the Empire all the way back to Kislev, Bretonnia went down fast and smoothly. Only ever had 1 stack, led by Sigvald, and never went into Norsca (which led to the Varg becoming the second strongest faction, after the stunties). Took exactly 200 turns too.

this was my experience too except with Skaeling. They pretty much won the game for me, while I just kind of puttered about with sigvald.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: July 15, 2016, 03:21:58 pm »

this was my experience too except with Skaeling. They pretty much won the game for me, while I just kind of puttered about with sigvald.
Oh, no. The Varg just chilled in norsca for the whole game for me. I had to do the heavy lifting. Also Ostermark took out the VCs.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: July 15, 2016, 04:05:39 pm »

If you don’t own Call of the Beastmen, do they still appear on the Grand Campaign Map?
Yes. As part of the update, Beastmen will be added as an AI race on the Grand Campaign. So even if you don’t buy the DLC, your Campaign game will be refreshed with a new formidable threat to contend with.

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/180618/quick-q-a-call-of-the-beastmen/p1?new=1

Niiiiiice.... Wasn't planning to buy it so I'm happy I'll at least be able to fight them.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: July 15, 2016, 04:07:24 pm »

Yeah when you play as WoC you have to shake up the north otherwise they just idle.
But if you successfully DO shake them up, they can basically win the entire map for you. It actually makes it hard to meet the raze/loot quota.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: July 15, 2016, 04:21:10 pm »

But if you successfully DO shake them up, they can basically win the entire map for you. It actually makes it hard to meet the raze/loot quota.

yeah i actually attacked my own skaeling allies for the final raze. didn't want to bother walking to tilea or something.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: July 15, 2016, 08:20:24 pm »

Really? In my game they just failed to push in against anyone (maybe because they refused to recolonize about half the north to build up any infrastructure?) that I didn't expressly come and push in for them, and occasionally declared war on me even though our relationship was super high. Decidedly not worth the hundred+ turns I spent on them.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: July 16, 2016, 01:58:28 am »

Is it normal for the chaos horde to just sit there in the middle of the map? I would think it would wander around the map slaughtering all it could.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: July 16, 2016, 03:47:42 am »

Is it normal for the chaos horde to just sit there in the middle of the map? I would think it would wander around the map slaughtering all it could.

They should be quite aggressive, razing everything to the ground. They usually get bogged down near the center though, due to both human and vampire resistance.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: July 16, 2016, 04:07:12 am »

I think the Chaos hordes tends to run out of oomph. They seem to have more difficulty recruiting new units then, say, the nordic factions and find themselves without a free moment to encamp while surrounded by the empire and vampire factions armies.

It's like; recruiting new units requires a turn of sitting in the one spot, something the A.I. might not do if there is an army stronger then itself nearby and if the army is weaker chances are the player themselves are trying to defeat them.

Maybe if when the Chaos forces encamped they gained a good defencible battle map situation with lava moats or something. Beastmen are going to have an ambush stance encamp so they should recruit more easily. Or chaos could have recruitment after they sack a city or defeat an army, kind of like vampire counts raising units but tied to the recruitment buildings the horde has built.

I do certainly tend to see more armies of a single large nordic faction than the Chaos Warriors.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: July 16, 2016, 05:33:51 am »

I've seen a Chaos stack led by Kholek actually pull back to recruit in my VC run. Also had to defeat Archaon thrice, each time he had a full stack which means they do recruit. Sounds like your Chaos got overwhelmed and had nowhere to pull back to.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: July 16, 2016, 06:29:23 am »

Yeah AI-kaos gets a lot more free breaks than non-AI kaos.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: July 16, 2016, 03:51:58 pm »

I've seen a Chaos stack led by Kholek actually pull back to recruit in my VC run. Also had to defeat Archaon thrice, each time he had a full stack which means they do recruit. Sounds like your Chaos got overwhelmed and had nowhere to pull back to.

It's odd because they stopped in the middle of what was vampire land. Everything around it was wiped out. Their settlement and another army had a full bar each. Yet dozens of turns later the vampires have repopulated the razed lands and chaos is just sitting there next to them.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: July 17, 2016, 09:41:50 pm »

Damn it, I wish modders could import models into the game so we could have halfling soldiers.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 277