Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 491475 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! It's out!
« Reply #1320 on: August 15, 2016, 07:56:35 pm »

Yeah. Seed of renewal is best item. Especially with defensive items on the unbreakable dwarf lord. Literally* unkillable.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: August 15, 2016, 07:58:44 pm »

Items in this game are pretty damn important. With the right items and skills, you can make Kholek immune to all forms of ranged damage and nearly so for magic.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: August 15, 2016, 08:00:03 pm »

Well of course. With bridges I was referring to Medieval 2 more than Warhammer. You generally understand what I'm getting at though, yes? Ambushing is all well and good but that leads to an ambush fight rather than a field fight. I would like if the A.I. didn't avoid unfair battles quite so much. Though, blocking a bridge or narrow pass I've found not very useful in Warhammer as the A.I. has gone through my zone of control.
I understand what you're saying, but the last thing I want is the AI being easier than it already is. I'm actually quite happy that this one actively avoids fights it can't win and you have to coerce it into doing suboptimal things.

That being said, I don't actually experience the whole "enemy runs away from me" thing a lot. See, I only play on very hard or legendary so... I'm usually outnumbered 3-to-1. Enemy don't avoid fights then.

I believe there are mods that can make the AI not run away from you though.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: August 16, 2016, 06:41:26 am »

3. Even if you block a bridge, there's no actual bridge maps or terrain advantage. You won't get a tactical advantage for doing so.
The only advantage of holding bridges in this game is that it'll force the enemy army to either go through you or waste lot of move points crossing the river elsewhere.

(...)

Good, abusing bridges in previous total war games was lame as hell.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: August 16, 2016, 07:13:46 am »

I loved the CRAP out of it.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: August 19, 2016, 12:32:13 pm »

Spoiler: This has been teased (click to show/hide)
Click to make bigger.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: August 19, 2016, 12:47:49 pm »

It'll probably be part of their Lords dlc. It'll also have mercenaries (regiments of renown).

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: August 19, 2016, 12:54:13 pm »

It'll probably be part of their Lords dlc. It'll also have mercenaries (regiments of renown).
The map will be free, but I found a post on reddit by a CA member:
Quote from: Bart_CA
Next DLC is coming soon and we haven't officially announced what it is yet, but it will be a Lords Pack featuring a couple of new legendary lords, general lords and new units. Will also include a handful of new ' Regiments of Renown' these are tweaked and unique versions of existing units that come from the Warhammer lore. You'll only be able to recruit one at a time but they will typically come with boosted stats and abilities, or maybe an unusual mix for their troop type that makes them tactically useful in an interesting way. Visually, they have minor changes to make them stand out from the base unit type and your General will need to be of a certain level before you can recruit them. What's perhaps more interesting is that modders will be able to mess with the recruitment system to add their own.

More Detail here, with some pics: http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Regiments_of_Renown

The contents of the next free-LC is yet to be spoken of (we are not fit to mention his name). There will be a patch update to the game as well of course, and amongst other things it will address the reinforcement issue people have been having.

Also apparently despite the negative review train, the Beastman DLC is considered by CA to be a best-seller.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: August 19, 2016, 01:53:45 pm »

Well yeah, if you charge three times as much for something than it really should be... you only need to sell 1/3rd of the copies to feel good about it.
Nom nom nom

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: August 19, 2016, 05:24:19 pm »

It depends on whether it's counting by profit, or amount of people who purchased it.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1330 on: August 19, 2016, 08:28:28 pm »

Good lord dwarves are tough. Like seriously what are they made of?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: August 19, 2016, 08:35:00 pm »

Beards and stubbornness.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: August 19, 2016, 08:44:43 pm »

Armour.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1333 on: August 19, 2016, 08:57:16 pm »

Beards and stubbornness.
I think it really is just pure obstinacy. Like they aren't ACTUALLY that tough but they just outright refuse to stop or fall down.

I just slaughtered over 900 green skins and lost less than two dozen dwarves.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: August 19, 2016, 09:27:13 pm »

I tend to think that while dwarfs are tough, they not that much of a damage dealer. The longer a battle goes against dwarfs the more in their favour it turns. I like using 2 groups of 3 wolf riders to flank around with 1 lot of 3 the melee and the other 3 archers.

The wolves are nice and fast for getting to the artillary quickly as well. Also units of night goblins are great for vanguard sneaking.

Also: A new map has been shown that's coming with the next FLC. Warpstone Mine. Neat crazy fantasy environments.

Blaaah, I completely forgot you had mentioned it earlier Teneb. Teach me to do things just after getting up. The map looks neat still, I like when they make more extreme set pieces. They mentioned something about a lord alongside this but it was "unfit to mention him" or something.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 09:36:05 pm by Mech#4 »
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 277