Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 491381 times)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! It's out!
« Reply #1695 on: January 19, 2017, 09:04:50 pm »

If you didn't get it when they were handing out the code cards in Games Workshop stores than Grombrindol, the White Dwarf, is available for everyone to download for free. He's playable as a Legendary Lord for the Dwarf faction.

He's got unique item quests and abilities being a powerful melee fighter.
Traits and abilities
Grombrindal has a number of traits and abilities which make him a unique Legendary Lord.

Grombrindal can assume the aspect and attendant benefits of one of the illustrious Dwarf deities, Grimnir, Valaya and Grungni, through his unique Living Ancestor dilemma
-   The greatest campaign reinforcement range of any Lord
-   Increased Underway evasion chance
-   His unique battle ability, ‘Grimnir Has no Fear’, is an augment which bestows increased melee attack, melee defence, vigour and the Unbreakable trait.
-   His unique battle ability ‘Flash Bomb’ temporarily blinds enemies and slows their advance.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: February 01, 2017, 08:05:47 pm »

During a recent stream, Creative Assembly have announced the planned release of a battle map editor.

Called "Terry" it is available in beta as of now. It allows the creation of battle maps for use in multiplayer and skirmish battles complete with A.I. hints, environment models, terraforming and the like.

Sadly, though understandable, this cannot be used to add maps to the main campaign maps. This is due to the different way the campaign map accesses battle maps as well as other reasons.

I look forward to seeing what maps people are able to create. One issue I've seen pop up a number of times is people wishing for battle maps with more going on in them. Some of the later released maps, like the warpstone mine map, certainly are better in this regard from the usual hills and forests. Personally I would like a battle map covering farmland with stone walls, roads and a small village similar to setups I used to play on with tabletop Warhammer.

Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: February 01, 2017, 08:41:00 pm »

Sadly, though understandable, this cannot be used to add maps to the main campaign maps. This is due to the different way the campaign map accesses battle maps as well as other reasons.
Actually, it can be used on the campaign: quest battles can be created with them and tied to the campaign. Sure, you'll only be able to fight them once per run, but it's still pretty nice.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: February 02, 2017, 10:17:54 pm »

I think the biggest issue this game has that they will need to fix for the second game (if they ever make it) is flat out size.

Sooo much in this game depends on size. With some people being terrible BECAUSE of their size, some spells working better on bigger units, and all that jazz. If it was intended behavior that would be fine, but you know that it wasn't... entirely intended.

The other is just my opinion but the stunning mechanics need some work.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: February 03, 2017, 02:40:52 pm »

Total War: Warhammer is the featured game for March's Humble monthly bundle. Pretty deep discount for a game that is fairly recent!

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: February 03, 2017, 04:55:44 pm »

Total War: Warhammer is the featured game for March's Humble monthly bundle. Pretty deep discount for a game that is fairly recent!

I've been wanting to get this, but I'm guessing the humble monthly bundle just includes the base game and not all the DLC? If so, how worth it is it without the DLC?

As in, I don't NEED this at the moment - am I better off waiting till there's a good deal (maybe not quite as good) on the whole lot or just get this and pick and choose which DLC I like the look of?
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: February 03, 2017, 05:22:39 pm »

The game is absolutely worth it even without DLC, especially with the free goodies they've been putting in with patches and updates. Go for it.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: February 03, 2017, 05:22:49 pm »

I bought it like a month ago for like $60... Ouch...
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: February 03, 2017, 05:29:33 pm »

The game is absolutely worth it even without DLC, especially with the free goodies they've been putting in with patches and updates. Go for it.
^

Don't be fooled into thinking "oh there's only four races, sounds pretty small".

The four races all play completely different both in terms of battle and campaign. To give an idea of the difference, playing as the Empire is like playing Napoleon Total War. Playing as the Dwarfs is like Fall of the Samurai. Playing as the Greenskins is like Shogun 2. And playing as the Vampires is like playing Dead Rising: Electric Boogaloo.

The DLC do have a lot of stuff in them, but you don't really need them. Besides, you can fight the DLC races and enemies without even owning the DLC. So you can go crazy burning the Elves into the ground.

Also the amount of mods is pretty crazy. You can change up just about anything except the campaign map.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: February 03, 2017, 05:44:14 pm »

^

Don't be fooled into thinking "oh there's only four races, sounds pretty small".

The four races all play completely different both in terms of battle and campaign. To give an idea of the difference, playing as the Empire is like playing Napoleon Total War. Playing as the Dwarfs is like Fall of the Samurai. Playing as the Greenskins is like Shogun 2. And playing as the Vampires is like playing Dead Rising: Electric Boogaloo.

The DLC do have a lot of stuff in them, but you don't really need them. Besides, you can fight the DLC races and enemies without even owning the DLC. So you can go crazy burning the Elves into the ground.

Also the amount of mods is pretty crazy. You can change up just about anything except the campaign map.
Not to mention, that it will soon be 5 races when Bretonnia is released (for free!). So you can throw Medieval 2 on the list.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: February 03, 2017, 05:50:08 pm »

Awesome! Thanks for the advice - I've gone for it.

Any must have mods that don't change the vanilla experience too much? 
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: February 03, 2017, 06:05:53 pm »

Awesome! Thanks for the advice - I've gone for it.

Any must have mods that don't change the vanilla experience too much?

Any of the extra skills points for Lords mods is basically necessary. Lords have a ton of potential skills, but normally they only get 29 points over the course of their existence. Some mods double it, some give them an extra 50%, some give them some skills for free, so on and so forth.

At the moment I'm using one that gives them double skill points at level 5 and 10 and every level after that. Makes it actually possible to get some stuff out of two (out of 3-5) upgrade trees, pick up my generic abilities and still invest in some basic utility upgrades. Normally you can get one and half upgrade trees at a stretch.

Nothing else is necessary I'd say, but some of the modded in units are fun. Still holding out for someone who knows how to mod making a generic version of Throgg as a Lord or Hero option for Chaos, at least until/if we ever get the actual thing. If I knew how to mod myself I'd make it, but I looked at how to do it once and started going cross eyed.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: February 03, 2017, 10:37:09 pm »

Get the one that makes the Wood Elves less homicidal. Currently they are Dwarf Fortress Elves on steroids, not Tolkien Elves. They will conquer the entire map constantly.

Also if you don't have the Regiments of Renown DLCs, you might want to get the mod that disables them. The AI just cheatspawns them endlessly which can get kinda annoying as you can obliterate Ungrim's fullstack army only to have him come back a turn later with another fullstack army of the exact same super mercenaries you just killed.

I think it might also be a good idea to get the mod that makes march stance 100% cost as again, the AI can abuse it. For some bizarre reason, the AI get the ability to raze / raid your cities then march stance away while you are forced to stay put when you do the same. This disables this ability of theirs.

On the same vein, I think get the mod that gives all factions a small home region movement bonus. This makes it so there's less goddamn chasing armies around endlessly as before this everyone can kite everyone no problem.
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 277