Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 489151 times)

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! It's out!
« Reply #1770 on: February 22, 2017, 01:54:50 am »

There's also the "An Old Friend" thing which still hasn't been revealed. People seem to be assuming it'll be a lord, probably for the Empire so Boris Toddbringer or Ludwig Schwarzhelm.

Maybe it'll finally be Krell.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: February 22, 2017, 02:01:53 am »

I think the campaign map tie in thing is already out.

There are mods out there that replace maps with modded ones.

The one where you colour sections of a campaign map image to designate where certain maps are used? That's the one I'm thinking of. People can replace maps currently but only siege maps, I would assume because the game calls for a specific map rather than drawing from a pool.

The colouring map one that CA is implementing will allow general battle maps on the campaign, though modders will have to work together to create map packs since you can't combine the image files.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: February 24, 2017, 01:26:30 am »

A campaign video has been uploaded showcasing some of the Bretonnia campaign and mechanics. It illustrates how recruiting too many peasant units has a negative effect on the income generated from farm economy buildings and how, if you want a lower but more stable income, you can build industrial buildings.

Another interesting element is that what knights you can recruit into a lords army is affected by what knightly vows they have unlocked. This means that higher level lords are much more valuable because they can take units like Questing Knights into their armies without suffering a large upkeep penalty for these units.

Some of the research topics are neat as well. One shown off in the video is a decree against the Norse tribes that reduces diplomatic relations with them but, along with other bonues, makes your armies immune to snow attrition. Another was a research topic called "Harbourmaster Bribes" that, while increases port income generated, cost money as well as reducing your chivalry rank.

Also on chivalry, sacking a settlement reduces it while razing a settlement increases it. It was also shown that the blessing of the Lady that armies can get from winning battles can happen from any battle but always happens if a won battle was a heroic victory.

One other thing is that traits gained by generals now mention how they were gained. It seems like these traits are also more closely tied to taking certain actions than the seemingly rather random system present at the moment.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: February 24, 2017, 04:17:17 am »

While all this Bretonnia stuff sounds good, I think it just rubs in how bland Empire is. I hope they show some love there too. Love in depth, not width. Empire doesn't need new stuff, it needs the old stuff to be more interesting.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: February 24, 2017, 04:33:07 am »

I like empire.

Not hugely, but that's 'cos I didn't buy grim
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: February 24, 2017, 04:59:06 am »

I believe Creative Assembly have mentioned they have plans to give a do over for the original factions. Some characters, like Belthasar Gelt and Heinrich Kemmler, have abilities which are rather lacking considering some of the more recent lords that have been released.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: February 24, 2017, 07:12:54 am »

Kemmler's sword continues to make me happy- at least in PvE
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: February 24, 2017, 08:01:06 am »

Kemmler's sword continues to make me happy- at least in PvE
Kemmler is literally the second worst lord in the game. He's only better than Goldfinger because the Lore of Metal is bad unless you are using a magic rebalance mod, while Lore of Vampires is pretty great.

Oh, and patch notes

« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 08:29:44 am by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: February 24, 2017, 08:13:27 am »

I did notice that Malagor dag abu had weirdly high winds stats.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: February 24, 2017, 08:28:22 am »

I hate lists in this forum. They always break in some way.

EDIT: I am not going to transcribe this, but it shows changes ability by ability. Our boy Gelt is now maybe useful as a buffer/debuffer.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 08:38:24 am by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: February 24, 2017, 09:36:58 am »

One thing with the abilities was it mentions that those tied to the Black Coach for the Vampire Counts are now passives that activate as the coach stays in combat longer. They also stack with each other though they have been reduced in strength to go along with this change.

"Reduced the accuracy of the Campaign AI assessment of player movement extents to improve game balance on lower difficulty settings."
This is neat. It should mean less time spent chasing enemy armies around.

One thing I noted in their best practices topic for the battle map editor. One of the forest images looks like a jungle forest to me. Does that exist in the game currently, or is it take from Attila or something?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: February 24, 2017, 09:46:36 am »

So kemmler gets temporary ethereality...
Cute

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: February 24, 2017, 01:17:03 pm »

After listening to King Leon Leonceur's speech, I'm pretty frigging sure he has the same voice actor as the guy who did Napoleon.

Hetairos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: February 24, 2017, 09:20:08 pm »

• Improvements to Campaign AI recruitment logic.
  • Fixed a bug causing the game to crash with very large numbers of men in a unit.
  • Changed Wood Elves campaign behaviour to be isolationist with occasional bursts of aggression, better reflecting the lore.

Plus changes to magic. Update's looking pretty great.

• Orion, The King In The Woods, has issued a proclamation throughout Athel loren denying his resemblance to Mel Gibson.

ayy

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: February 26, 2017, 11:22:17 pm »

So I'm looking through the unit stats of the new Bretonnian stuff and I'm pretty frigging impressed.

I mean, their infantry is pretty much "meh" but their cavalry now really, really live up to their name.

In the past I didn't give a bleeding crap about Bretonnian cavalry at all. The thing I feared most about them was their trebuchets.

But now.

The Grail Guardians are actually STRONGER than Blood Knights. Christ I do not want to fight that.

Royal Hippogriph Knights are basically flying Demigryph Knights.

Royal Pegasus Knights are flying Grail Knights.

Not to mention the buffs to their regular Grail Knights and all their other cavalry.

I do not want to fight them. They will win every single cavalry engagement.

This of course, doesn't even touch upon the OPness that is the Green Knight. See, normally Ethereal units have really crappy stats to make up for the fact that they're really hard to kill and don't have movement penalties because of terrain. This isn't the case for the Green Knight. Even with Ethereal he still has better base stats than practically every single other unit in the game. That's nuts. Oh, and he regenerates hp. Oh, and he gets +34 melee attack and +44% weapon damage permanently for some reason. Oh, and 20% physical resistance. Oh, and he can't break.

What the fuck is that shit. Easily the best unit in the entire game. Nothing can fight him.
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 277