Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 491480 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! It's out!
« Reply #1755 on: February 19, 2017, 11:24:52 am »

Also TW:W did really well in sales, so I'm not surprised it won a bunch of community events.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: February 19, 2017, 11:41:59 am »

Also it's easily the most modern of all of the games in the competition.

Really like the peasant economy mechanic though.
Makes it interesting though... so teching into peasants gives you more farming income, which you can sacrifice to raise peasant troops, or speccing into heraldry makes knights more powerful at the expense of farming income.
... Which could be a bit redundant IMO.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: February 19, 2017, 11:50:53 am »

It does basically sound like the ideal thing will be to power up knights and crush enemies underhoof.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: February 19, 2017, 12:00:38 pm »

The DLC update is coming out by the end of the month right?

Sweet, so we get Isabella and Betonnia for free. Not too bad.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: February 19, 2017, 02:08:49 pm »

Found a video of the bretonnian campaign stream. Notable things include the bretonnian victory requiring 1000 chivalry, a quest battle and nothing else.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: February 21, 2017, 11:22:12 am »

Bretonnian Trailer

Also, one of CA's PR people said that the vampire counts FLC lord (in the FLC array) is Isabella (and that there was a shitstorm inside CA itself because of what would happen if they lost MWNL).

Finally, If you sign up to Total War's dashboard thingy you get Bretonnia 24 hours early.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: February 21, 2017, 12:30:16 pm »

Haha could've been hilarious if they did lose MWNL. They'd have this ready-made FLC that apparently isn't allowed to be released XD
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: February 21, 2017, 03:37:24 pm »

Thought that a horse kicked someone at 1:25 of the trailer. Then I realized it was a Grail Reliquary.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: February 21, 2017, 05:33:59 pm »

Thought that a horse kicked someone at 1:25 of the trailer. Then I realized it was a Grail Reliquary.
The animations might be best in the game. The front peasant drops-kicks the enemy while the two in the back raise the knight as if it was a horse kicking with the front hooves.

EDIT: Hon hon hon (steam page link)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 06:00:25 pm by Teneb »

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: February 21, 2017, 07:16:54 pm »

Haha could've been hilarious if they did lose MWNL. They'd have this ready-made FLC that apparently isn't allowed to be released XD

Yeah, I really feel they kinda fixed it a little bit - putting out a trailer and whatever for it then not to come out is a bit...well not going to happen really.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: February 21, 2017, 08:51:48 pm »

A nice trailer, I really like the glow effects of the Green Knight.

Reading through the steam page this caught my eye:
"Even today, The Lady will reward those who act with the greatest valour against the most terrible odds. Any Lord and his attendant army who achieve a Heroic Victory in battle will receive The Blessing of The Lady, and will thenceforth receive a Ward Save for future battles. If a unit routs in subsequent battles, it will lose the Blessing for the remainder of the fight, and if the army refuses a battle – choosing to retreat from an attack on the campaign map for example – the army will lose the Blessing. Certain high-tier units, such as Grail Knights, will have the Blessing as a unit trait by default."

Having blessings gained or lost due to winning heroic battles or retreating from battles is an interesting mechanic. It encourages the player to find tough enemies and try to beat them with minimal forces. Also, with all the penalties from fighting other Bretonnian factions, armies will need to be sent quite far away to find strong opponants. It'll also be nice for roleplaying purposes with on-the-wire battles resulting in characters gaining bonuses.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: February 21, 2017, 09:12:09 pm »

A nice trailer, I really like the glow effects of the Green Knight.

Reading through the steam page this caught my eye:
"Even today, The Lady will reward those who act with the greatest valour against the most terrible odds. Any Lord and his attendant army who achieve a Heroic Victory in battle will receive The Blessing of The Lady, and will thenceforth receive a Ward Save for future battles. If a unit routs in subsequent battles, it will lose the Blessing for the remainder of the fight, and if the army refuses a battle – choosing to retreat from an attack on the campaign map for example – the army will lose the Blessing. Certain high-tier units, such as Grail Knights, will have the Blessing as a unit trait by default."

Having blessings gained or lost due to winning heroic battles or retreating from battles is an interesting mechanic. It encourages the player to find tough enemies and try to beat them with minimal forces. Also, with all the penalties from fighting other Bretonnian factions, armies will need to be sent quite far away to find strong opponants. It'll also be nice for roleplaying purposes with on-the-wire battles resulting in characters gaining bonuses.
In addition to this, the lack of territorial requirements for their victory means you can send armies all across the map to fight whatever you consider "bad guys" for honour and the Lady.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: February 21, 2017, 10:50:33 pm »

Which you'll need to when chaos comes a'knockin.

That mechanic really does put an end-timer on the game.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: February 22, 2017, 01:05:49 am »

There's an awful lot of stuff coming out by the end of February. From what I remember, so far there's:

* Bretonnia with three lords and three starting positions.
* Isabella von Carstein in new starting position with Vlad.
* Old World Edition with patch
* Battle Map Maker update with campaign map tie in functionality.

There's also the "An Old Friend" thing which still hasn't been revealed. People seem to be assuming it'll be a lord, probably for the Empire so Boris Toddbringer or Ludwig Schwarzhelm.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: February 22, 2017, 01:17:58 am »

I think the campaign map tie in thing is already out.

There are mods out there that replace maps with modded ones.
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 277