Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 489137 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #2295 on: June 27, 2017, 05:35:59 pm »

...You can raid your own lands?

...That feels very un-Dawi.

Fuckit. Demolishing the Runic Gates there as well.

There a way to keep Brettonia from interfering? They've been loyal allies, don't wanna exterminate them.
You could bribe them with your billions of dwarfbux.

By the way, the game will slowly degrade every relationship in the game after Chaos is defeated., so after awhile you will be at war with everyone.

As for raiding yourself, there are quite a number of strats that involve raiding yourself for money, experience, and loot. I also consider it pretty gamey so never use it either... except for the time I was trying to play Durthu in SFO. That start is frigging impossible, man.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: June 27, 2017, 06:39:13 pm »

Self-raiding was the only way I found to win the wood elf minicampaign on VH/VH, especially since wood elves don't get replenishment malus (or any negative effect for that matter) for ransoming prisoners post-battle.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: June 27, 2017, 07:01:09 pm »

...You can raid your own lands?

...That feels very un-Dawi.

Fuckit. Demolishing the Runic Gates there as well.

There a way to keep Brettonia from interfering? They've been loyal allies, don't wanna exterminate them.
You could bribe them with your billions of dwarfbux.

By the way, the game will slowly degrade every relationship in the game after Chaos is defeated., so after awhile you will be at war with everyone.

As for raiding yourself, there are quite a number of strats that involve raiding yourself for money, experience, and loot. I also consider it pretty gamey so never use it either... except for the time I was trying to play Durthu in SFO. That start is frigging impossible, man.
...I am so ready for TW2 enabling you to conquer everything.

Karak Couronne and Karak Drakenhof and Karak Altdorf will be so nice.

Also, Grombrindal just got the trait "Likes Chaos" after utterly whupping a Chaos army.

What the shit?

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: June 27, 2017, 07:28:24 pm »

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=687689947
I mean no offense to the creator, but with what I've heard about mods causing crashes on here, I'm not even touching that.

I can wait a few months.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2300 on: June 27, 2017, 07:37:26 pm »

I mean no offense to the creator, but with what I've heard about mods causing crashes on here, I'm not even touching that.

I can wait a few months.

Mods cause crashes if you install too many of them. This is because the launcher doesn't allow us to set load orders. I currently have around 30 mods installed with no crashes occurring.

Being afraid to use mods in games like CK2, XCOM, total war, Skyrim, etc is like being afraid to use the stairs. You've sealed off half of your own house. The moment you actually try to use them, you'll wonder how you managed to play without.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: June 27, 2017, 08:22:45 pm »

I can wait a few months.

Mods cause crashes if you install too many of them. This is because the launcher doesn't allow us to set load orders. I currently have around 30 mods installed with no crashes occurring.

Being afraid to use mods in games like CK2, XCOM, total war, Skyrim, etc is like being afraid to use the stairs. You've sealed off half of your own house. The moment you actually try to use them, you'll wonder how you managed to play without.
Uh, I've literally never used a major Skyrim mod(one for overhauling artifacts admittedly), and I've got 1572 hours in it.

X-COM... 162 base game, 196 second, gonna go up the time War of the Chosen comes out.

But... hm. I did see one for telling you what the frag traits were acquired from, a la Brettonia, but for everyone. Maybe I'll try that once I finish this Dwarf campaign, as mid-game mod installs just scream disaster at me. Could take a gamble. Worst that happens is an overnight reinstall.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: June 27, 2017, 10:30:55 pm »

I firmly recommend the conquer anywhere mod. Also had my first tale of epicure today. Managed to get 1 lord and 2 heroes above level 20 playing as independent Marienburg, I finally conquered Mousillon and those Bretonnian fucks after literally endless warfare against early confederated Bretonnia (which is how I got my lord to level 24) and then supplying arms to Mousillon Vamps to distract Bretonnia.

Chaos United just tore up Kislev, like literally ruined all the cities and has just hit its first half-united Empire city. A combination of Imperial and Dawi forces decided to cleanse the wood elf with fire (a decision I support entirely) but now Orks and somehow Norsca are running rampant in the Estalia/Tilea area.

Not sure whether to gather my forces in the Wasteland and march along the coast to try and push back Chaos or deal with the other threats which are chipping away at The Empire.

Three armies, nine steam tanks, and some hella lit legends of Marienburg boutta fuck Archaon up.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: June 27, 2017, 11:15:30 pm »

Victory.

The pudding has been avenged.

Now for a run where I know what the shit I'm doing!

And possibly The King and the Warlord so I can eat Clan Angrund peacefully. That'd be nice.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: June 28, 2017, 09:04:43 pm »

so I have an army garrisoned in my city and an army encamped outside of it, but when the army outside gets attacked by THREE armies, the army inside the city and the natural garrison don't come to aid??? What the heck is going on there? Is it because it's encamped? That's ridiculous.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: June 28, 2017, 11:38:52 pm »

I felt sure you could confederate with DLC factions like Angrund and Crooked Moon without owning the DLC. The lord just wouldn't be immortal or something.Yah, it was mentioned in a stream back when the DLC was coming out.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: June 28, 2017, 11:55:39 pm »

I felt sure you could confederate with DLC factions like Angrund and Crooked Moon without owning the DLC. The lord just wouldn't be immortal or something.Yah, it was mentioned in a stream back when the DLC was coming out.
Well I sure as fuck couldn't.

You'd think Belegar would jump for joy at the choice to join up with the guys who own Karak Eight Peaks.

Fuck, I'd give him it! Well, I would've. New campaign with The King and the Warlord, still normal Dorfs, but now with a clue what I'm doing.

It's surprisingly easy to blitzkrieg the Greenskins into oblivion, honestly. Only remaining forces are Karak Azul and the Top Knotz in the Badlands.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: June 28, 2017, 11:56:40 pm »

I firmly recommend the conquer anywhere mod.

It does have some issues in
1) The game is clearly not designed for it. It wanted to railroad you through a very specific path of gameplay, depending on your race this really does weird stuff to the overall gameplay flow (You will probably win very quickly).
and
2) It is entirely against Canon! I mean Imagine a Orc having a outpost on human land! Totally unrealistic!
-This is also why Total War: Warhammer 2 is the worst game ever! because it removed this (from what I hear).

Ps. Obviously #2 is a fake reason... In spite of developer protests.

---

All in all play without the conquer anywhere mod first just so you know how they expect you to play... THEN actually have fun and play with the mod.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 11:58:45 pm by Neonivek »

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: June 29, 2017, 04:20:17 am »

Conquering everything in TW:W2 really requires the ability to give settlements to other factions. If I roleplay dwarves, I don't want to keep human towns I take from orcs or vampires or whatever, I'd rather give them to Empire.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: June 29, 2017, 01:22:22 pm »

so I have an army garrisoned in my city and an army encamped outside of it, but when the army outside gets attacked by THREE armies, the army inside the city and the natural garrison don't come to aid??? What the heck is going on there? Is it because it's encamped? That's ridiculous.

Was the city under siege?
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 277