Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 491575 times)

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #2520 on: August 11, 2017, 02:59:05 am »

Oh thank fuck with Gelt's changes the Empire has a reliable +research speed.

Also my current Empire go is surprisingly easy.

Wiped out the VC before Kislev even fell, have Franz running around cracking Orc skulls with a Runefang, Gelt and Volkmar are up north in max-garrison settlements weathering the Chaos hordes...

Honestly this is going much easier than most of my Dorf goes.

Had to smack Todbringer into the dust to get Middenheim, though. Which kinda sucks. I wanted to see if he had any new gimmicks.

Franz can get +3 Unit Rank in his army and +9 Leadership/+15 Armor to his Greatswords, and Unbreakable/+10% Weapon Strength for himself.

Gelt seems to be built around Steam Tanks, Luminarks, and dakka, going by his new skill tree.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: August 11, 2017, 08:39:50 am »

So when Ragnar pulls his sword from the giant's face, there's no blood.
Is there blood for blood pack lads?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: August 11, 2017, 09:37:10 am »

Cutscenes like that aren't affected. I would like if they redid some of them, the beastman introduction in particular with the helmets on spikes looks silly.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: August 11, 2017, 09:45:10 am »

There's a few others changes people are mentioning that weren't included in patch notes, one of these is apparently the Empire smithy building now able to get to tier 3 in a village and not just a capital. I checked and it does go from level 2 to 3 settlement but I can't remember if it was like that beforehand.
CA doesn't include all their changes in patch notes. I've seen some modders speculate that it's so they can cover up their bugs and bugfixes.

Cutscenes like that aren't affected. I would like if they redid some of them, the beastman introduction in particular with the helmets on spikes looks silly.
Khazrak is really proud of his vintage helm collection.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: August 11, 2017, 10:01:40 am »

It's rather stupid that the regulations will let them show skulls and ribcages being worn as macabre fashion accessories but adding blood and fresher body parts would push them up a ratings bracket.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: August 11, 2017, 10:17:02 am »

I am suprised at some things. Wulfrik has a human head and skin draped over his shield and the skinwolves have tattered shreds hanging from their bodies. It's not bloody though but, eh.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: August 11, 2017, 10:21:41 am »

Still, is having a bit of red on your sword when you tug it free of a monster a big issue ratings-wise?
I don't need to see grey matter but it does kill the mood.

If he wants to be PC he could have it flash-boiling off the sword, or if it's rime, freezing and snowing off.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: August 11, 2017, 11:04:12 am »

Still, is having a bit of red on your sword when you tug it free of a monster a big issue ratings-wise?
I don't need to see grey matter but it does kill the mood.

Sadly it is. Normal blood is considered a hard cut off point for low ratings, gratuitious blood/gore basically guarantees a very high rating. Non-catoony violence is similar.

The American game rating system has any blood at all make you Teen rating by default, substantial amounts of blood or any gore makes you Mature, zealous amounts of them makes you Adults Only. As is TW:WH has an ESRB rating of Teen, blood being part of it by default would probably have pushed it to mature, because the system is dumb.

The pegi rating for TW:WH is 16, the Blood dlc by itself is an 18, for another example of the rating systems being dumb.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: August 11, 2017, 02:03:08 pm »

I'm having a lot of fun with my Norsca campaign, and it's also... challenging in some ways. For really interesting reasons.

1. Norsca units just ooze with personality. There's so many little things that make you love commanding their troops. I've mentioned some before, but another one is I think they're the only faction in game right now where the units do marching chants when you're zoomed out. So it sounds really muffled but so awesome. It really sounds like an army on the march in the distance.

2. I actually lost my capital. Twice. And I didn't give a shit. Norsca is almost a horde faction, and their settlements are so terrible you really don't care about them. They don't even have walls and holy crap their garrisons are so terrible. I lost my capital the first time to another Norscan faction who I couldn't intercept... so I went "fuck it, he wants my capital? Fine! Take it! But I'm coming to kill you next". The second time was Bretonnia. Those fuckers came out of nowhere to blitz me while I was raiding Middenland.

3. At first I thought it sucks that they only have one generic lord choice. Then I saw the Lord's skill tree. Holy jesus christ that shit is crazy. You guys should check it out.

4. They don't get anything from uniting a province, so feel free to just raze settlements you don't want in Norsca.

5. They have a serious issue with money, in that it's so fleeting. They get tens of thousands of favour from sacking settlements, but they also spend it so fast. It's really challenging to manage that economy, way more so than Chaos.

6. The generic wizard for Norsca is hilarious. He's straight up just a feeble old man. His combat stats are so trash unlike other wizards in the game, who can at least fight a bit in a pinch.

7. They will never, ever have problems with public order. I swear they're the happiest race in the game.

---

I doubt Norsca will be much of a threat in the game compared to how they used to be. They will probably spend more time fighting each other than anyone else now, as that's what they did in my game. There's way more factions of them up there. Not to mention they actually need money now, compared to before.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: August 11, 2017, 02:34:19 pm »

Personally I'm just over the moon that Throgg is a character now since he's my favorite character from the Old World in concept and in terms of the model he had. Expected him to be part of the WoC, but Norsca works too.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: August 11, 2017, 03:12:01 pm »

I'm currently having issues with Norscan public order but I think that's either the Hard difficulty, a lack of wizard huts or a lack of war.
Either way.

One thing about the Norscans which is BLOWING my MIND is that iron doesn't give unit bonuses.
I don't even know where to go with this. There's not even caves! Unit production villages are where you make them!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: August 11, 2017, 03:58:44 pm »

I'm currently having issues with Norscan public order but I think that's either the Hard difficulty, a lack of wizard huts or a lack of war.
I'm playing on V. Hard and just have a level 2 wizard hut in every province. Because I'm at war with basically everyone other than Norsca, I have amazing public order. It's not a particularly huge deal for Norsca to be at war with everyone. Barely anyone can even reach you. Also went straight for the raiding tech tree and midway through it is two +1 public order techs.

-----------

Edit: So some shitstain upstart dev at CA has issued out a patch without informing anyone that automatically disables all mods every single time you restart the game. Meaning right now you'll have to manually enable all your mods every single time you want to play until they fix this.

Grace from CA said that since it's Friday, this won't be fixed until next week.

-----------

If you want to play with mods for now, don't use the "Select all" button in the launcher. It's really buggy and will likely crash your game. You need to manually click each mod to activate them.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: August 11, 2017, 05:59:36 pm »

After one campaign on one-but-hardest difficulty, I've found Norsca to be incredibly easy.
I started as Throgg and steamrolled everybody without ever having a single battle where I really felt I needed to step in to save the day. Fought maybe four battles manually, just to look at the units. Never lost a lord, never felt threatened.

Everything succumbed to the merciless auto-resolve. Maybe weighing is badly skewed or something. I don't know.

Still, a rather nice DLC. Lots of personality, and a well-implemented raiding economy.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: August 11, 2017, 06:32:41 pm »

Everything succumbed to the merciless auto-resolve. Maybe weighing is badly skewed or something. I don't know.
Auto-resolve weights are ridiculous. If you want to have fun, start a game as Empire and field a full stack of Any Lord + 19 Free Company Militia and only ever auto-resolve because that composition is pretty bad in regular battles. As long as your are not outnumbered, it's almost always a win if you auto-resolve.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: August 11, 2017, 08:13:12 pm »

Suh-weet fuck there is nothing better than taking a battle that the autoresolve says is utterly fucked and turn it into a Valiant Defeat.

2 Chaos hordes mostly broken by one army and a garrison.
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 277