Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 491454 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #2805 on: October 04, 2017, 02:02:10 pm »

I had a bad time during my Bretonnia run. Mostly because I prefer flanking infantry for, well, flanking, and monsters for charging.

In the end I just made full stacks of Knights of the Realm and charged everyone in their unchivalrous faces.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: October 04, 2017, 02:06:38 pm »

In MP, most people use Battle Pilgrims as their front line troops. They're not very good but have tonnes of morale.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: October 04, 2017, 02:34:11 pm »

Yeah, personally still super dirty about empire flaggelants.
Unbreakable and frenzy and DR when losing = Rude
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: October 04, 2017, 02:47:05 pm »

In MP, most people use Battle Pilgrims as their front line troops. They're not very good but have tonnes of morale.
You mean infinite morale?
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: October 04, 2017, 03:20:50 pm »

I went pretty micro-heavy on my Bretonnia run. If wielding only cavalry: split your forces in 3-4 groups, bait, harass and split enemy while hit-n-running constantly. The AI is pretty easy to mess with. If wielding infantry too, do all you can to keep the enemy from actually reaching them, hammer-and-anvil if this fails. Foot Squires and Battle Pilgrims are good enough infantry, melee heroes very valuable there. Flying units are great and sneaky but more fragile than you might expect. Trebuchets are lovely too.

I dunno if this is the ideal Bretonnian tactic, but it worked. Except against Wood Elves. If you play Bretonnia, you will learn to hate their poncy tree-loving faces as much as I do.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: October 04, 2017, 03:25:01 pm »

I found that wood elves never, ever leave Athel Loren when I play any of the Bretonnian factions. Why? I don't know, but I can be at war with them for over a hundred turns and leave my cities empty and they won't leave their magic forest.

Fuck trying to actually fight them as Bretonnia in their home though.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: October 04, 2017, 04:12:09 pm »

I went pretty micro-heavy on my Bretonnia run. If wielding only cavalry: split your forces in 3-4 groups, bait, harass and split enemy while hit-n-running constantly. The AI is pretty easy to mess with. If wielding infantry too, do all you can to keep the enemy from actually reaching them, hammer-and-anvil if this fails. Foot Squires and Battle Pilgrims are good enough infantry, melee heroes very valuable there. Flying units are great and sneaky but more fragile than you might expect. Trebuchets are lovely too.

I dunno if this is the ideal Bretonnian tactic, but it worked. Except against Wood Elves. If you play Bretonnia, you will learn to hate their poncy tree-loving faces as much as I do.

Wood Elves are Brettonia counter. They just destroy Brettonia armies.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: October 05, 2017, 01:52:04 am »

I found that wood elves never, ever leave Athel Loren when I play any of the Bretonnian factions. Why? I don't know, but I can be at war with them for over a hundred turns and leave my cities empty and they won't leave their magic forest.

Fuck trying to actually fight them as Bretonnia in their home though.

My experience of WEs is usually them burning the entirety of Bretonnia to the ground. My first go as Bordeaux ended at their hands. Second time (as regular Bretonnia), I invaded when they gave the slightest excuse. Still took like three different invasions and a lot of lost men. Razed Athel Loren looks pretty nifty when it's racked up full Chaos corruption by the endgame, btw.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: October 05, 2017, 02:11:02 am »

I tended to blow through wood elves. They don't really have reliable cavalry archers, so I just knight the heck out of them. They tend to take Glade guard over spears, and whenever they do take spears they can't hold up to peasants.

... plus they're weighted awfully in auto-resolve so I could just palm it all off.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: October 05, 2017, 04:34:31 am »

There's some great events in this game, the little things entertain me so much.

I just had an event while playing as Skaven that a scribe had written and copied thousands of papers with an image of a naked, beardless Dwarf and posted them all over the Under-Empire. All the Clanrats are laughing at the image of "Nudey No-Beard" and my armies get a +16 Leadership vs Dwarfs for 4 turns.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: October 05, 2017, 10:27:45 am »

The Workshop is now open.

And already work is being done to allow us to plunder explore the New World as the Southern Realms.

(And grab this if you want to play as Malekith. Otherwise Morathi will ruin everything with her corruption when you confederate)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: October 05, 2017, 11:19:31 am »

WOAH WOAH WOAH.
Morahi's capital has her anti-corruption landmark.
Mods are unnecessary cheapening.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: October 05, 2017, 11:32:59 am »

WOAH WOAH WOAH.
The problem is not Morathi corrupting. It's when you confederate with her as Malekith. She keeps spreading corruption despite the fact that Malekith's boys don't have resistance to it. The mod only works for Malekith.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: October 05, 2017, 11:58:05 am »

I don't even always bother confederating. In my game as Teclis, I preferred having Lothern run around fighting angst elves by themselves. Taking control of them had been just too much trouble...

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: October 05, 2017, 12:40:25 pm »

WOAH WOAH WOAH.
The problem is not Morathi corrupting. It's when you confederate with her as Malekith. She keeps spreading corruption despite the fact that Malekith's boys don't have resistance to it. The mod only works for Malekith.
It's 5 chaos. Bad, but not instantly attrition -causing.
And when you confederate you get the landmark so no public order penalties.
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 277