Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 491368 times)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #2910 on: October 25, 2017, 07:02:15 am »

The patch notes for the coming Mortal Empires Campaign update on the 26th are up for viewing. The blog post also mentions things like the Blood and Gore DLC as well as, due to how Steam handles updates, how you will need around 85GB free disc space. Note that, if you own Warhammer 1, you do not need it installed to gain access to it's factions in the new campaign or the benefits of it's DLC.

Some things to note is the fixing of units dropping orders, Morathi causing Chaos corruption after being confederated and Black Arcs no longer counting towards army upkeep penalty.

Spoiler: Full Patch Notes (click to show/hide)

The patch notes also mentions most of the new buildings that will be added to the first games factions. These include buildings like "Roads and Toll Gates" for the Empire, "Bugman's Brewery" for the Dwarfs in Karag Dromar, as well as the fact that Wood Elves will be able to fully colonize Lothern as well as a varient "Everqueen's Court" in the Gaean Vale in Avelorn.

Spoiler: New Building List (click to show/hide)

Some of these building are viewable in Warhammer 2, though whether they'll have the same effects I don't know. The "Awakened Battlefield" for the Vampire Counts gives increased attrition damage in that province and I think lowers raise dead cost currently.

Edit: A post has been made that covers some of the many changes that have been done to the base Warhammer 1 factions.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 09:54:25 am by Mech#4 »
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2911 on: October 25, 2017, 01:02:36 pm »

FIXED CA Cinematics Team’s obsession with slaying High Elves. May require further testing…

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: October 25, 2017, 01:04:36 pm »

FETCH THE BOOK, LADS
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: October 25, 2017, 02:33:50 pm »

So Mortal Empires comes out later then?

Oh man, time to burn more elves. I'm just going to take my army of Dawi to Ulthuan and burn the whole thing. Maybe reduce Athel Loren to ash along the way. Then go kill the shitstain who started the whole War of the Beard in the first place.

Apparently CA will not have updated skill trees for the Old World lords on release (this includes those updated by the Norsca patch). That being said, some well known modders have said they'll have mods to patch the skill trees when it's released as it's pretty easy to do.

I'm curious if CA will ever make the Old World lords as awesome as the New World ones. All the NW lords have such great skilltrees in general. I hope they will. It's a lot easier to get invested in your generals when they're all unique.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: October 25, 2017, 04:52:49 pm »

I think Empire would need some personality, especially. The office system could amount to much more than it does now and the leaders have boring skills. Armies as such are fine. Same applies to Dwarves, though their LL's have better skillsets.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: October 26, 2017, 11:42:53 am »

So Mortal Empires comes out later then?

isn't it out... today?

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2916 on: October 26, 2017, 12:34:47 pm »

It is out already. Downloading it now.

I kinda lost interest in it after realizing the lord and RoR in Mortal Empires will not be up to date to the first game. The last LL's reworking, the new RoR and Norsca will all come in a later update.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: October 26, 2017, 02:33:55 pm »

I'm waiting for that stuff too. Apparently the units cancelling orders bug hasn't been fixed yet.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: October 28, 2017, 03:19:52 pm »

Doublepost!

Apparently people are saying Mortal Empires is completely bug-ridden and imbalanced? Like, the Chaos hordes are ridiculously overpowered and come in such huge numbers to specifically snipe you. Not to mention many of the bugs that were allegedly fixed were never fixed?

Either way, be aware for those of you playing it.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2919 on: October 28, 2017, 05:56:52 pm »

Doublepost!

Apparently people are saying Mortal Empires is completely bug-ridden and imbalanced? Like, the Chaos hordes are ridiculously overpowered and come in such huge numbers to specifically snipe you. Not to mention many of the bugs that were allegedly fixed were never fixed?

Re: The Chaos Hordes. It seems that CA messed up and the ME WoC use the same AI as the Vortex ones. Which means they'll beeline for the player and ignore everyone else. They're pretty strong, but they were supposed to not discriminate in their attacks, so it balances out. Except that this is not happening.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2920 on: October 28, 2017, 06:34:11 pm »

Doublepost!

Re: The Chaos Hordes. It seems that CA messed up and the ME WoC use the same AI as the Vortex ones. Which means they'll beeline for the player and ignore everyone else. They're pretty strong, but they were supposed to not discriminate in their attacks, so it balances out. Except that this is not happening.
"pretty strong"

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: October 28, 2017, 06:54:46 pm »

Doublepost!

"pretty strong"
Finally, they're actually putting up a good fight.

Took em long enough.

Come, Archaon! Come, Kholek! Come, Everwatcher! Come, Sigvald!

Come and show me what passes for fury amongst your misbegotten kind!

GIVE ME A FIGHT WORTHY OF THE EMPEROR'S GAZE!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2922 on: October 28, 2017, 07:00:56 pm »

Doublepost!

"pretty strong"

Took em long enough.

That screenshot was from a guy's 40th turn btw. He only had one stack and crap-tier troops.

You can read more about people bitching here: https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/79a7ri/extensively_playtested_eh/

And here: https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/79aab1/which_sex_dungeon_does_ca_recruit_its_playtesters/

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2923 on: October 28, 2017, 07:33:30 pm »

Doublepost!

"pretty strong"

Took em long enough.

That screenshot was from a guy's 40th turn btw. He only had one stack and crap-tier troops.

You can read more about people bitching here: https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/79a7ri/extensively_playtested_eh/

And here: https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/79aab1/which_sex_dungeon_does_ca_recruit_its_playtesters/
Honestly, I am fine with those numbers so long as they fight everyone not just you.

Turn that off, I am chiiilll.

Break on the walls of the Karaz Ankor, Everchosen, Suneater, Sarthoreal, The Magnificent.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: October 28, 2017, 10:28:48 pm »

Doing some reading it seems like the number of armies spawned might be tied to how many provinces you own. The first wave of Chaos in my current Dark Elves campaign was about 5 armies, 2 of which sailed south and the other 3 moved north towards me. This is on around turn 150.

I've seen comments by Creative Assembly that they're looking into adjusting the invasion for the next update, which'll also include Norsca and the Warhammer 1 Lord skill tree changes.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 277