Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 491561 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #2985 on: December 18, 2017, 01:59:21 pm »

Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: December 18, 2017, 02:21:56 pm »

It's obviously chaos dwarves.  No, I'm not in de nile.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: December 18, 2017, 02:34:01 pm »

Where will Chaos Dwarves fit into the current map? They're mostly east of the Warhammer 1 map, aren't they?
Love, scriver~

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: December 18, 2017, 02:50:29 pm »

Where will Chaos Dwarves fit into the current map? They're mostly east of the Warhammer 1 map, aren't they?
They'll be part of the third game. The leaks from the first game imply they'll expand the Chaos Wastes and a bit of the East.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Settra will be joining that party soon and we'll all have to suffer the memery for it.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: December 18, 2017, 02:56:44 pm »

Army vs army seems to be enough. It's wildly unbalanced though, some lords give you barely anything for beating them, others practically warp the game when you do. Beating Ungrim is basically worthless for example.
Why, what's he give?

Play as Dorfs mostly, so he doesn't fight me much.

+5 melee attack, +5% magic resistance and +5% missile resistance.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: December 18, 2017, 03:22:38 pm »

Army vs army seems to be enough. It's wildly unbalanced though, some lords give you barely anything for beating them, others practically warp the game when you do. Beating Ungrim is basically worthless for example.
Why, what's he give?

Play as Dorfs mostly, so he doesn't fight me much.

+5 melee attack, +5% magic resistance and +5% missile resistance.
That's not bad for a fighty Lord, not amazing, but not bad.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: December 18, 2017, 03:24:27 pm »

They'll be part of the third game. The leaks from the first game imply they'll expand the Chaos Wastes and a bit of the East.

AH. I'm taking it lordcooper was just joking around? I guess I'm in de nile by extension.
Love, scriver~

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: December 18, 2017, 03:30:13 pm »

AH. I'm taking it lordcooper was just joking around? I guess I'm in de nile by extension.
No one on this forum jokes around. This is not a place for jocularity.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: December 18, 2017, 03:51:30 pm »

Being in de nile is serious business.

EDIT: I wonder what the next DLC factions will be both for this and the next game, because there are no more TT factions available unless CA wants to do Daemons for this one. Araby is a likely candidate, but that's all I got.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 03:55:26 pm by Teneb »
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: December 18, 2017, 04:38:11 pm »

Things I'd bet on seeing: Daemons of Chaos (possibly split into four), Ogre Kingdoms, Chaos Dwarves (with fancy hats if there's any justice in the world)

Things I think are kinda likely: Kislev and Araby (no chance of this happening, but a combined ice and fire sand+snow pack would get them goodwill)

Things I want but don't consider likely: Dogs of War, Underworld (skaven + goblins), Nippon, Halflings (but they have to be shit by design)

Things neither I nor apparently CA give a toss about: Border Princes,  Amazons

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: December 18, 2017, 04:40:22 pm »

Things I'd bet on seeing: Daemons of Chaos (possibly split into four), Ogre Kingdoms, Chaos Dwarves (with fancy hats if there's any justice in the world)

Things I think are kinda likely: Kislev and Araby (no chance of this happening, but a combined ice and fire sand+snow pack would get them goodwill)

Things I want but don't consider likely: Dogs of War, Underworld (skaven + goblins), Nippon, Halflings (but they have to be shit by design)

Underworld is just a Blood Bowl thing. Also Nippon is too far off, Cathay and Ind too, for that matter.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: December 18, 2017, 04:42:35 pm »

Underworld is just a Blood Bowl thing. Also Nippon is too far off, Cathay and Ind too, for that matter.

Hence the 'don't consider likely'.

On reflection, they'd be missing a trick by not releasing a DLC to let us play as Rogue Armies.  Either preset or randomised unit availability could be fun.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: December 18, 2017, 05:18:46 pm »

Hence the 'don't consider likely'.

On reflection, they'd be missing a trick by not releasing a DLC to let us play as Rogue Armies.  Either preset or randomised unit availability could be fun.
Yah but then everyone would play that one army with Darkshards and Chaos Chosen.

It's really hard to argue with "Superheavy infantry and AP Archers" backed up by the shotguntillary of the Reaper Bolt Throwers.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: December 18, 2017, 05:32:56 pm »

Skaven arty is 10x better than big crossbows.

Honestly I think the strongest faction would be like....

1. Have the cheapest and most spammable infantry wall with infinite morale and tonnes of HP to be the best front line.
2. Have the strongest cavalry with anti-large.
3. Have lots of air power in cheap spammable air units as well as singularly powerful air units to maintain supreme control over the air.
4. Generally have tonnes of cheap and efficient units in general.
5. The best mages in the game that can maybe... have giant death vortexes, spawn units anywhere, and maybe mass AOE heals that also revive troops and so on.

I mean, it sounds OP, but I think it'd be workable as a faction. Maybe as a weakness they don't need ranged troops but honestly I don't think it'd be a weakness as they can then just focus on cavalry and air instead.

--------

Edit: All joking aside, right now the strongest faction in MP is Lizardmen surprisingly enough. They had the best performance in the various tournaments so far as well as online. It's quite funny because I think this is the first time a non-flanking faction is doing well in any Total War game. They just march forward and obliterate everything in their way.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: December 19, 2017, 09:35:53 am »

Actually, speaking of factions and the third game, what can they even still do with it? I mean, they covered all the important bits of the map already, so what's left? Ogres, sure, and chaos dwarves, but isn't that pretty much it? And then it's just Ind and Cathay on the map besides them, which not even games workshop ever really cared about.
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 277