Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 489165 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #3810 on: February 03, 2021, 10:32:43 am »

Splitting the forces of Chaos into the four gods when the Chaos Dwarves and Ogres exist seems really questionable to me. Hopefully they can bring out some really funky demons and units to make them factions feel different, but I am worried that they will be very similar except for two or three unique units per god.

I am very much all for Kislev and Cathay, so at least that is something I can get excited about. Hopefully the pre-order DLC race is good too, but I won't be holding my breath given the track record so far.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3811 on: February 03, 2021, 10:46:42 am »

My expectation is that the Chaos factions will all have the same base units and then have the higher rank ones be different but we'll see. I'm assuming the Khorne faction won't have any casters though.

I'm curious what the last TW2 DLC will be. Dwarves + Beastman would be neat, but I'd expect them to have a TW2 faction in the mix too.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3812 on: February 03, 2021, 11:15:15 am »

Cathay was a surprise, very cool. Shame on no Chaos Dorfs or Ogre.
Love, scriver~

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3813 on: February 03, 2021, 11:20:40 am »

Really surprised that Kislev is a mainline faction in this one, was totally expecting them to be the pre-order DLC since it'd be fairly easy to implement into the current game. So really got no clue who it might be, Chaos Dwarves seem like too big of a faction to be a pre-order, dunno about the Ogres tho, no idea how developed they are. Store page dropped some pretty obvious hints at Nagash but I again doubt they'd just put the big bad as a pre-order thing.

Still, pretty hype, seeing how much fun I've had with the franchise so far (and how much of it I haven't touched yet)

Not sure I'll bother pre-ordering tho, depending on what the thing turns out to be I might just wait and grab it on sale after a while.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3814 on: February 03, 2021, 11:28:22 am »

Store page dropped some pretty obvious hints at Nagash but I again doubt they'd just put the big bad as a pre-order thing.

The Chaos Warriors were a pre-order faction for the first game, so it is not without precedent. But I am not expecting Nagash either since they got a lot of backlash for the Chaos Warrior pre-order bonus and they have (hopefully) learned from it.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3815 on: February 03, 2021, 11:34:10 am »

I still think the best way to do daemons would be having a separate realms of chaos submap where your cities are, and you can open portals to invade the main map.  Give some new strategic considerations, being able to show up in various areas (maybe limited by chaos corruption and such, so you benefit from chaos factions doing well, maybe even ways to assist them via daemon shit)

No idea what they'll actually do, but the trailer description does say you'll fight in the realms of chaos so...

I'm putting my money on pre-order chorfs
Shoes...

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #3816 on: February 03, 2021, 01:59:13 pm »

They've stated there will be nine total Legendary Lords. If i had to guess breakdown, It'll be

2 Kislev
2 Cathay
1 For each of the Gods
And 1 for Chaos Undivided. While they havent explicitly STATED that Daemon-Only Armies are in, I find it unlikely they'll attempt to release a DLC that's just taking existing units and putting them in one army.
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #3817 on: February 03, 2021, 06:28:25 pm »

If Cathay is in, it also gives some room for the Northeastern Wastes to be in. I'm hoping I can finally play as The Dreaded Wo! (Mostly because it's the coolest chaos tribe name ever. I made a fanfic armybook for them in the mid/late WHFB 6th edition era on warseer dot com (or whatever it was called back then). Kinda marauder heavy, with actual marks for them, ridable spawns for characters, and quite a nice map I made up in fractint from a plasma fractal as a heightmap projection with psp7 detail editing, from memory. The joys of a misspent youth. Kids these days and their all-in-one solutions to everything....).

The original (not the one I made) chaos tribes map is here, under the "Contact with other races and nations" bit for Cathay. There's lots of room for cool stuff there :)
https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Cathay
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 06:51:47 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3818 on: February 06, 2021, 01:30:34 pm »

I still think the best way to do daemons would be having a separate realms of chaos submap where your cities are, and you can open portals to invade the main map.  Give some new strategic considerations, being able to show up in various areas (maybe limited by chaos corruption and such, so you benefit from chaos factions doing well, maybe even ways to assist them via daemon shit)

No idea what they'll actually do, but the trailer description does say you'll fight in the realms of chaos so...

I'm putting my money on pre-order chorfs
More likely we'll be getting into the area's of the Chaos Wastes above Norsca where the Chaos Gate is and various factions of Daemons live.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3819 on: February 08, 2021, 02:55:22 pm »

Store page dropped some pretty obvious hints at Nagash but I again doubt they'd just put the big bad as a pre-order thing.

I would say that it's unlikely that the store page would hint at the Preorder like that. My bet is that this is referring to the mysterious ninth lord in the game. My money would be on Belakor actually. He fits perfectly as the leader of a Chaos Undivided army, is constantly trying to get more power, and is stated to be older than the Elves.
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3820 on: February 08, 2021, 05:04:28 pm »

I would say that it's unlikely that the store page would hint at the Preorder like that. My bet is that this is referring to the mysterious ninth lord in the game. My money would be on Belakor actually. He fits perfectly as the leader of a Chaos Undivided army, is constantly trying to get more power, and is stated to be older than the Elves.

Wasn't the big bad of WH1 (chaos invasion / warriors) the pre-order bonus for it?

(That said I don't really know enough about Belakor or Nagash to have an opinion on the matter.)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!
« Reply #3821 on: February 08, 2021, 05:13:36 pm »

It was, and there was a huge uproar about it and people complained a lot. So everyone is assuming that they've learned their lesson and won't do anything like that for WH3's pre-order bonus.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3822 on: February 08, 2021, 05:23:04 pm »

I (vaguely) remember the blowback being more about how crummily the faction was implemented as opposed to the principle of it being the big bad. Though saying that I can see why it'd be worth complaining about.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3823 on: February 08, 2021, 08:08:21 pm »

Compare that to Norsca, which most people liked in terms of design and implementation. I think they've learned.
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Moddan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3824 on: February 09, 2021, 06:49:32 am »

The current speculation is that either Chaos Dwarves or Ogre Kingdoms will be the pre-order bonus - playable in part 2 before release. Like they did with Norsca. I'd like that.
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 277