Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 491438 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!
« Reply #4035 on: April 29, 2022, 07:45:47 am »

Roadmap thingy is out!

By the looks of it, no IE until late summer, and even then just the beta for it, so probably won't be terribly playable for most folks, if the performance at release is any indication. Also no actual DLC stuff until then either, haven't said anything which races they'll release it for either.

Also also, seems like the first race to get a rework/update will be WoC, which is nice to see, would've hoped to see Norsca get some love at the same time but seeing how bumbled the release was and how slow they are addressing the issues I'm guessing I'll be waiting at least a year if not more to actually get the game, so here's hoping other old races get some love by that point :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4036 on: April 29, 2022, 07:48:52 am »

mpf...

what kind of early access harassement campagne release was this?  this announcement made me realize that 3 is not that great of a product on it's own merits
let

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4037 on: April 29, 2022, 08:22:39 am »

The line about four champions for the lord pack makes me suspect the first DLC is for the four chaos factions.

I've been slowly getting back into my Cathay game recently. Ogres dragging me into war with the other Cathay faction jazzed the campaign up again, and after wrecking them I've been trying to take down Kairos because his Lord of Change/Soulgrinder doomstacks are being annoying.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4038 on: May 12, 2022, 08:36:19 pm »

Update 1.2 is on its way, apparently by sometime next week. More news looks to be shared on Tuesday, 17th of May.
Link to Total War Twitter account posting

According to the roadmap, some of the issues looked at in the coming patch are:
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4039 on: July 09, 2022, 07:20:41 am »

So since I don't recall reading it here: the new mortal empires camapign is expected to come out in august.

In other news: I had never played tww1, bought it in sale to get ME in tww2, where I spent most of my camapigns so far. In orderI played:
dwarves
lizardmen
imrik
tomb kings
khislev
ogres

Everytime I tried to play tww1 I went for repanse de lyonesse because I like myself a good mage as main lord, mazamundi was such fun... I launched that campaign like 3-4 times over the years, could never get into tww1. Recently I started a camapaign as vampire counts, and it has been pretty fun eventhough I like ranged units a lot.

Anyway tww1 is so super relaxing after playing 2 tww3 campaigns, much less harassment, way simpler politics, I kinda like the division between keeps and holds, I wouldn't want it in every campaign but it decellerates and simplifies tww1 even more. Quite fond of the final product as I said it's a much more laid back tww experience.

I'm doing something fun in my vampire count camapign, I was a little cheeky in the beginning to get the whole zone between the mountains, once I had all the territory I did not attack a single order faction ever again, now I'm allied with the dwarves, karak hirn, clan angul, the border princes and the empire. I'm gonna unite all order forces around me (maybe we will have to be against the wood elves and bretagne, but with some luck I might just continue to unite every order faction around me, through the power of gifts, liked your war with chaos, and liked your treaties with x).

Also I found out that in this game you can actually beat chaos and trigger an age of peace notification. Just perfect. I might never play a tww1 campaign again but this was a lot of fun.

Also what the heck is up with border princes: like half the names point towards my IRL location, the hearth of the "old occident": Akenberg, Masserschloss, Munzig, Lichtenburg... Yet it's a arid place that shares little climatological commonalities with it's name inspirations. I feel like I'm mssing a joke somewhere.
let

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4040 on: July 09, 2022, 09:37:55 am »

Also what the heck is up with border princes: like half the names point towards my IRL location, the hearth of the "old occident": Akenberg, Masserschloss, Munzig, Lichtenburg... Yet it's a arid place that shares little climatological commonalities with it's name inspirations. I feel like I'm mssing a joke somewhere.

The Border Princes in lore are a mess of petty kingdoms, adventurers and colonists, many of which are from the Empire. So that's probably why there are a lot of names that you recognize. I assume that they're a single nation in Total Warhammer because conquering a bunch of dinky, one-settlement nations would be tedious at best.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4041 on: July 09, 2022, 02:00:44 pm »

So I guess the "joke" is: too many heirs.
let

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4042 on: July 14, 2022, 01:27:56 pm »

So apparently CA accidentally leaked the upcoming DLC stuff. As folks figured from the hints about the 4 champions, it's gonna be 4 chaos lords for the 4 factions, along with a big rework of the WoC faction and making Bel'akor his own thing and not a lame campaign reward.

By the looks of it we're getting Valkia for Khorne, Azazel for Slaanesh, Festus for Nurgle and Vilitch for Tzeentch.

I'm kinda excited for some of those, especially the WoC rework but I don't think I'll be jumping in just yet, probably wait until they squash the major bugs of IE.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4043 on: July 14, 2022, 03:05:50 pm »

They also keep releasing start locations for IME. I think at this point everyone's been revealed except WoC, and even then they got revealed in a blog post talking about where all the lords that used to be the same start as another LL got moved.

Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4044 on: July 14, 2022, 04:17:46 pm »

Looks like Mannfred's getting shunted south instead of being in a deathmatch with Vlad right from the start. Probably for the best.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4045 on: July 14, 2022, 10:17:13 pm »

The Southlands got a ton of factions shoved in there. Its looking like the new Lustriabowl. Vampire Counts, Dwarves, Tomb Kings, Empire, Lizardmen, Tzeentch, Khorne, High Elves, Bretonnia, Skaven, Beastman, Orcs.

When IME comes out I'm half-tempted to play a second Skarbrand game. Ghorst or Rakarth are what I'll probably go for though. Grombrindel being up by Malekith might also be pretty fun.

Sigtext

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4046 on: July 15, 2022, 12:02:40 am »

I'll get in on some IE finally. I haven't been thrilled with what I've seen of WH3 so far, but all the factions and The Dream coming true is enough. I've got enough Chaos to play to last me a life time, let alone replaying all the other factions I enjoyed in WH2.

My guess? Major factions be going down like minor factions. I think confederating all your LL is going to be more of a crap shoot for a lot of factions. DE notably will be able to hook up their faction pretty easily though.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2022, 01:29:00 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4047 on: July 15, 2022, 02:56:04 am »

WH3 IE early access content creators have been coming out in force, the initial Chaos Warriors reskins have visually and mechanically changed, for instance Chaos Aspiring Champions have been elevated to pseudo monsterous infantry, and work as a multi-model unit to chop down teeny tiny men and trade hits with other monsters.

THE WARRIORS OF CHAOS Battle Rework - Immortal Empires - Total War Warhammer 3 ( milkandcookiesTW)

Elsewhere among the other content, is that Ghostly Dawi units now utilize frostbite (no mention of banshees and others yet) in close proximity, and counts can stack buffs for enhanced healing on graveguard (probably nerfed but maybe not?), better visualized effects for lore of metal & death. All of the existing WoC lords have recieved significant changes, Kholek looks the most impressive though (visually and mechanically), and can smash things up significantly and send high mass units flying with a third ability augument "Tempest Rage" (25% wep damage, 25% armor pierce wep damage, 20% charge, 24 melee attack)

Subject to change of course but very good.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4048 on: July 15, 2022, 03:26:35 am »

Could it be? After a mere six years and three games, could warriors of chaos actually become fun to play?

Probably not if they're still a horde but hey ho
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4049 on: July 15, 2022, 07:51:10 am »

I feel like if they were closer to 2's Nakai/Spirit of the Jungle faction, where you stay a horde but any conquered settlements transfer ownership to a permanent vassal, they would be much more fun. Playing whack-a-mole with razed cities quickly being retaken was the most frustrating bit to me.

You could even flavor rebuilding the settlement to one of the 4 Chaos gods for their various buffs once you retake it, identically to the Old One tribute.

Aside from the general stupidity of the AI in interacting with the vassal (as if it were not an extension of you), I actually had some fun playing Nakai as a change of pace, not having to worry as much about micromanaging a bunch of cities, but instead just rampaging wherever needed.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 277