Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 34

Author Topic: Crownhammers, the #1 undead, murderous bird sanctuary in the world  (Read 67604 times)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Crownhammers, a succession game of politics, intrigue and backstabs
« Reply #375 on: April 01, 2015, 06:19:33 am »

Reasonably normal. There's generally a decently sized update following the inactivity though, so I guess it balances out.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 01, 2015, 06:41:13 am »

Update in progress. Year is almost done. I do suppose a mini-update is in order, though, so here goes somethin'.

Presenting the Coalition:

Spoiler: Andromodo Val Serpine (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dodok (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Shem (click to show/hide)

Funny, I hadn't realized you were claiming the married couple until I went through the relations screen.

Main Areas of Crownhammers:

Spoiler: Farms (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Workshops (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dining Hall (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Graveyard (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Forges (click to show/hide)

Goddammit Bomrek:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Was he taken by infection? Or something more sinister?
Of course, he may have simply crushed the forgotten beasts with his massive testicles.

Forget a spouse, he needs a full time gonad wrangler.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 01, 2015, 09:13:36 am »

Stick some nest boxes in there so we can have delicious crundle eggs.

jrrocks1

• Bay Watcher
  • Armoks Sword in the Night
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 01, 2015, 09:17:21 am »

"Mmmmmmmmmmmm" crundle eggs and sock bacon "mmmmmmmm"
From the forests of Elves, To the shores of Humans, To the Towers of Goblins, We fight our own battles, On land and on Sea, We fight for glory, We fight for gold, We are proud to call ourselves
A Dwarven Viking

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 01, 2015, 09:17:40 am »

Stick some nest boxes in there so we can have delicious crundle eggs.

Tarnation. I knew I was forgetting something.
Of course, he may have simply crushed the forgotten beasts with his massive testicles.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 01, 2015, 09:19:57 am »

Tarnation.
* 4maskwolf snickers

Well played sir.

Exodus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 01, 2015, 10:15:26 am »

[Okay, here goes nothing.]
------------------------------------
What a splendid home we have here, it's oh so very nice and gentle, it's pathetic. Nice and gentle does not wars or conflict win and we all know that's what really counts in the end. The destruction of our foes in the ultimate damnation straight to the greater forges of Hell itself. But, I get ahead of myself, it's a functional fort to say the least, and I really am.

When I first came here I made sure to act joyful, I shook hands with the pities of the place, I rubbed elbows with them, accepted invitations to dinner, etc, etc ,etc. Scurrying skanks of dwarfs, hiding away here in their deep hole.

But no matter, things shall be fixed, of course I've brought with me my wife and my most trusted advisor. We've planned out the assuming of power for months with this party and finally we've come to set things into motion. Tick tock Crownhammers, your new king comes.

"Shem, come, sit here with me." Andromodo shouted as he sat in the nearly empty dining hall.
"Yes sir? How may I be of service."
"Shem, I'd like you to find out who currently holds power in this area, arrange a meeting with him sometime in the next month or so."
"As you command, sir." Shem would bow and step out of the room in his dignified manner.

"Tick tock."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Hope that was alright.]

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 01, 2015, 10:25:24 am »

[Hope that was alright.]

Perfectly fine, Exodus. The meeting can be arranged, though you'll have to tell me the purpose of it at least. We can even write it up together over pm, though it would have to be fast. I'm stretching this too long as it is.

Small update within the next few hours. I'm considering finishing up the turn without a major bang so we can move on to the next player and finishing this storyline during the early part of the next year. What do you fine folks think?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 01, 2015, 11:06:59 am »

Seems fine, though if you're waiting for me to get my bit done before finishing, I should have that up in a couple of hours. Party list will be updated momentarily.

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 01, 2015, 01:17:43 pm »

Uh...

Goddammit Asmoth.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 01, 2015, 03:51:50 pm »

Phew. I was worried that the parallel worlds weren't really converging for a second there.

jrrocks1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 01, 2015, 05:24:19 pm »

Uh...

Goddammit Asmoth.

Why oh why does this happen. I swear to ARMOK ASMOTH SOMEHOW DID THIS!!!!!!! I don't care how he somehow did.....
From the forests of Elves, To the shores of Humans, To the Towers of Goblins, We fight our own battles, On land and on Sea, We fight for glory, We fight for gold, We are proud to call ourselves
A Dwarven Viking

jrrocks1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 01, 2015, 05:27:49 pm »

By the way in the pictures of the fort i did not see a barracks do we not have a barracks yet?
A Dwarven Viking

jrrocks1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 01, 2015, 06:03:44 pm »

Journal 5

As Perseus sat in the barracks she watched as other members of her squad joked and conversed together leaving her to her own devices. Truthfully being the only Whaler in the military was hard and it was taking a toll on her. Many of her fellow squamates ignored her or even avoided her but she knew what was at stake. When the Admiral showed her those statues......... it awoken a fire and drive she did not know she still had. Those names were so strange yet familiar as if she had known them all along.

From than on she worked harder than she had ever had driving herself to be better than she ever was. She knew if anyone ever tried to make a move on the Whalers she was the first and last line of defense. If it came down to it she would die for their cause and their freedom. She knew it would most likely not come to that but that bloody priest worried her. The man was an idiot but a clever one at that. The way he convinced those naive fools to follow him was pathetic but scary. If he decreed that the whalers were "heathens" she did not know if she could fend the idiots off. If the Whalers wanted to survive that fool must be taken care of.

So as she sat there cleaning her spear and armor she sung an old tune from her days at sea not caring who heard

From the forests of Elves
To the shores of Humans
To the Towers of Goblins
We fight others battles
On land and on Sea
We fight for glory
We fight for gold
We are proud to call ourselves
A Dwarven Viking

We have fight in every place with every weapon known
In the snows of far off lands
To the tropics of old
Our foes shake in their fear
You will always find us fighting for glory and gold
A Dwarven Viking, A Dwarven Viking

Here's to gold and glory
Which we are proud to earn
In many a battle we have fought
Yet the enemy has never seen our back
For we do not run
We fight as the true lords of battle
A Dwarven Viking

As Perseus put her amour on and grabbed her spear she did not notice the crowd of people who were listening in amazement.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 06:06:34 pm by jrrocks1 »
A Dwarven Viking

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 01, 2015, 06:21:45 pm »

I had a small room for the militia to train in outside, anyway. It may have been upgraded since then.

A small flask bubbled as Balor added a small flake of poison to it. She watched it intently for a moment, then frowned and crossed off the next item on a short list. The quill spun in her fingers for a moment before she added another possibility, followed by a question mark. Balor looked up as the door opened, revealing Taran and one of his followers. The hands wrapped protectively around her belly revealed why they had come, but Balor doubted this was Taran's child. The girl was much younger than him, for one thing, and far more timid than she'd expect of someone who could catch the Admiral's eye.

"I've brought ye a patient, lass," Taran said as he led the girl inside.

"All right, Atir, I just need you to lift your shirt for a second," Balor said reassuringly, producing a small wooden cone from her desk. She held it against Atir's abdomen, listening silently, then nodded. "Taran, can I talk to you in the hall for a moment? Alone," she added, as Atir stood up.

"Is everything ok?" the girl asked anxiously.

"Of course," Balor smiled. "The baby's fine, I just need to update Taran on a stockpile discrepancy."

Balor led the way to one of the unused offices, closing the door with a quiet thump. She sighed, then spun around, backhanding Taran across the cheek. It did little to help her mood that he didn't seem to notice it aside from taking half a step backwards.

"What have you done to that girl?" she demanded. "Because whatever she has inside her isn't a dwarf!"

Taran muttered what Balor assumed was a string of curses, not all of them in dwarven. "Shite, I feared this'd happen."

"'This'?" Balor repeated, glaring at him while massaging her throbbing hand. "Let's start with exactly what you mean by that, because I've never heard of anything like this before."

"I'll give ye th' short version," he began. "I'm sterile. So is Bembul, who's been shaggin' th' lass. There are tales in our faith aboot Atir's condition, an' none of 'em good."

"Somethin' has caused Atir ta grow a sea monster in 'er belly. T'wards th' end o' her pregnancy, the bugger will take o'er her mind fer just long enough ta get her ta water. She'll give birth in th' ocean, an' probably drown fer her troubles. E'en worse, th' monster will grow ta huge fuckin' proportions in just a few years, and possibly come back ta its place o' birth fer some lovely terror an' mayhem." Taran's voice was calm, detached. Balor couldn't help but wonder if these stories were commonplace where he came from or if he'd already seen it happen once before.

"But that's nae even th' worst of it. These are rarely isolated incidents. There are tales o' this happenin' fer six years ta ev'ry newborn in a town. There are tales o' strange fishpeople comin' out o' th' waves ta claim th' creature when th' birth is nigh. All sorts o' unpleasant shite like that."

"Enough with the fisherman's tales, Taran," Balor cut across him, perching on a dusty chair. "How did this thing infect her? Where did it come from? If we know that, we might be able to prevent it."

"I cannae tell ye fer certain what causes it," he sighed. "Could be this haunted ocean, could be a curse on Crownhammers, could even be the will o' th' fuckin' gods fer all I know."

Balor closed her eyes for a moment. "There's a potion that I've used before, when Uzol's cronies didn't want to annoy their spouses. It leaves the mother completely unharmed," she assured him.

"That's nae better. If th' wee monster feels threatened, it'll either take over fer a bit an' run away, or kill her outright an' try ta escape."

"So Atir's life is all but forfeit regardless?" Balor said softly as the emotion fled from her expression. "So be it. We kill her now, before the creature can survive on its own. Every pregnant dwarf will have to be examined for symptoms of this disease as well. With any luck, it'll be an isolated incident." Taran could nearly see Atir morphing from a dwarf into a statistic behind her eyes.

"I told ye, if th' beast feels threatened, it'll try an' break loose. I'm nae sure if ye've e'er dealt with sea monsters afore, but they're as sharp in th' head as any dwarf. Often sharper." He said nothing of killing Atir. He didn't have to. The discomfort was written on his face, plain as day.

"Only thing I can see happenin' is lockin' th' lass in a room near th' end o' her term an' wallin' her in. Sharp or nae, sea monsters cannae survive more than a few days outside th' water. Th' problem would be settin' her up."

Balor stared silently at the sailor before answering. "You realise that if you're wrong, you're condemning her to either being eaten alive or starving before the beast dries out? I'm offering her a painless death; she wouldn't even feel it. Will this creature simply turn on her in an attempt to survive?"

"I've no bleedin' idea. They've never been reported ta eat their own mothers afore, not once they're born. She might live. She might die. I wish we didn't have ta bloody well gamble with th' poor lass's life, but what choice do we have?" Taran screwed his eyes shut and hid his face behind one tanned hand. He looked ancient and tired.

"I want to ask about Bembul..." Balor hesitated.

"He'll follow through. Hate himself fer it, an' be pissed with me fer months, I'll wager, but he'd do it. Even though he's more smitten than he thinks he is. He knows what needs be done."

"No," she said, eyes hard. "I'd never heard of this happening before you arrived. Your followers call you two the Drowned. I want to know if Bembul could be the one who infected her."

"We did nae perform what ye'd call a medical examination," Taran replied, "but we know th' Drowned cannae create life by any means. Crops we plant never sprout, an' our seed ne'er quickens. If it did, Bembul would be a granpappy by now." He decided to add, "An' I'm a bit relieved ta see that Reg's been spillin' it ta you an' not some roaster. Saves me th' effort."

"If it makes you feel any better, he only told me that name," Balor said. "What it actually means... well, he seemed to think you wouldn't want me to know." She paused for a moment, eyeing Taran. When he didn't seem inclined to fill the silence, she sighed. "Well then, all that remains is to make sure no one else is carrying one of these creatures."

"We've gone an' examined Nish - Thob an' Fikod's babby. Looked most ways normal, but we're nae doctors."

"As long as they're dwarf shaped they should be fine if your stories are true," Balor said, standing up. "You seem to know more about this than I do, so I'll leave it in your hands. Tell me if you need any help."

"I suppose I'll see ye around, lass. Thank ye."

They found Atir still sitting in Balor's office, hands still trying to protect a creature that didn't care if she lived or died once it had finished making use of her. Congratulating her on what looked like a healthy baby once again, Balor smiled until the moment the door was closed. Leaning against it, she held her head for a moment. On the desk, her still unidentified poison glimmered in candlelight. She'd been lucky to survive breathing it for as long as she had, and that had been in a ventilated room... Balor pondered backup plans, and wondered how far down the road to damnation she'd travelled, and how much further she was willing to go.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 34