Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 803115 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #1065 on: May 09, 2015, 07:32:25 pm »

Z level bug report: SOmetimes stuff from lower Z levels spawns in the surface. I found several mangled chuds recently.

Also: Now I'm getting ppowwws and 9mm casings from what apparently is happening underground in a lab.

I guess experimental features are not quite playable yet. :(
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 07:35:22 pm by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: May 10, 2015, 08:20:57 am »

yeah I've seen that a lot. When you go downstairs and back up again sometimes it brings all the creatures up to the surface. Rather annoying with science labs, and billions of giant black widows isn't fun either.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: May 10, 2015, 12:27:51 pm »

No. It's not the same. That's the monsters following you.

What I mean is that with the game's experimental Z levels (not just the mod. The game option) triggered, monsters from underground get teleported aboveground.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: May 10, 2015, 04:19:10 pm »

I think I'm sane enough to know the difference between monsters following me and teleporting, thanks for your concern though.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: May 10, 2015, 04:29:41 pm »

They actually appear right by you on the first turn when you go back up stairs?  I've never seen that happen, usually it says "X is coming up the stairs!" or something like that.

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: May 10, 2015, 04:42:27 pm »

Damn those Hulks. Lost about 5 characters by getting ninja'd by one of them. If it weren't for that, I wouldn't have too much trouble taking care of them. Though to be fair, two of those times were due to me being stubborn and going for night raids, despite knowing better.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: May 10, 2015, 06:13:21 pm »

Damn those Hulks. Lost about 5 characters by getting ninja'd by one of them. If it weren't for that, I wouldn't have too much trouble taking care of them. Though to be fair, two of those times were due to me being stubborn and going for night raids, despite knowing better.

Night raids without nightsight and light step is just asking for trouble.

azmodean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: May 10, 2015, 07:00:54 pm »

Z level bug report: SOmetimes stuff from lower Z levels spawns in the surface. I found several mangled chuds recently.

Also: Now I'm getting ppowwws and 9mm casings from what apparently is happening underground in a lab.

I guess experimental features are not quite playable yet. :(
Thanks for the report, looks like the item spawn code isn't z-aware yet, so when underground monsters kill each other or drop items (shell casings mostly), they appear on the surface.  I didn't know about this one.
Just to clarify, when an option is marked experimental, we pretty much mean it's broken and unplayable, z-level features and hordes are both in that category.
I don't think Jesus died from thorns being pushed into his brain. RTFA

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: May 10, 2015, 07:41:23 pm »

Ft. Lost-in-the-woods in Mo
Equipment Operator or Master-at-Arms?

EDIT (for relevance): My save files have been getting corrupted with both Cataclysm and DF recently. I'm running Windows 8 on an Asus 11" laptop. It has an SSD instead of a regular spinny hard drive, could that be my problem or is it operating system related?

Also is there a guide to modding in this game because geez quality levels for crafting needs to be implemented
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 07:44:29 pm by blackmagechill »

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #1074 on: May 10, 2015, 08:08:04 pm »

HAZMAT

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: May 11, 2015, 08:58:44 am »

HAZMAT

I'd love to have one of those suits IRL. Not that I'll need it, they just look awesome.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: May 11, 2015, 09:31:01 am »

Just wear it out and about the house, answer the door while wearing it, take the garbage out while wearing it, go down to the mailbox to pick up the mail while wearing it.... be sure to wave at the neighbors.

Hi Neighbor!

Though looking around it looks like disposable hazmat suits are actually pretty cheap.  Though those ones don't cover the face and I imagine you'd need to get a protective mask for it to be functional as any real protection.  It looks like they only get expensive when you start talking about reusable, and radiation protection.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 09:47:09 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: May 11, 2015, 09:46:47 am »

Howdy!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: May 11, 2015, 09:48:02 am »

Class-A HAZMAT suits start at £780, and just get higher, and the costume ones are those lame-looking Class C ones (like the soldiers wear in The Signal)
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: May 11, 2015, 09:48:57 am »

PTW, even though I'm terrible.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 451