Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 803269 times)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #2355 on: October 03, 2015, 04:45:21 pm »

I really liked the short version of the Rivtech shotgun. Only 2 bullets, but it fits in a pistol holster. Very good backup. But that was some versions back.
The rivtech Shorty still exists. It is a wonderful thing. Just wished it counted as a shotgun, as I thought I could mount an underbarrel flamethrower on it and have a super weapon holstered.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: October 03, 2015, 04:55:30 pm »

I really liked the short version of the Rivtech shotgun. Only 2 bullets, but it fits in a pistol holster. Very good backup. But that was some versions back.
The rivtech Shorty still exists. It is a wonderful thing. Just wished it counted as a shotgun, as I thought I could mount an underbarrel flamethrower on it and have a super weapon holstered.
O.O
wow...anyway, my first run that isn't proving nigh immediately fatal in this new download is somewhat worrying me. Playing a Quick Blackbelt in pretty much full firefighting gear, got a nice place for sleepytimes, and found a fuckheug stash of guns in a basement, but I have an infected head, and don't see any pharmacies on the map. WHAT DO?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: October 03, 2015, 05:17:40 pm »

Raid people's bathrooms? It usually works for me when I need medical supplies.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

blazing glory

« Reply #2358 on: October 03, 2015, 05:23:50 pm »

Raid people's bathrooms? It usually works for me when I need medical supplies.
^
|
What he said, if you're persistent enough and willing to search about 20 houses, you'll eventually find a first aid kit in a bathroom.

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: October 03, 2015, 05:37:40 pm »

how are the experiemental z-levels coming along? I saw a mod for that some time ago.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: October 03, 2015, 06:46:31 pm »

WHAT DO?

If you can't find disinfectant/first aid kit, find a knife(just about any knife will do) and a lighter or fire and prepare to scream like a little girl. (A)pply the knife, then proceed to scream like a little girl. A soldering iron works for this too. Note that this will not work if the wound is green, only blue.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: October 03, 2015, 06:52:09 pm »

Also, ambulances have shit sometimes.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: October 03, 2015, 11:20:39 pm »

If the infection hasn't crippled you yet, you could try to follow any roads to other cities that might have pharmacies.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: October 04, 2015, 12:20:29 am »

how are the experiemental z-levels coming along? I saw a mod for that some time ago.
The mod is a totally different implementation for what we are working on for z-levels. That said, the z-levels option (not mod) has been making some progress, albeit not quite as fast as before since we're reworking some of the more difficult bits of z-level code.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #2364 on: October 04, 2015, 05:52:24 am »

Is the z-levels worldgen option the actual dev thing?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: October 04, 2015, 07:36:03 am »

Note that this will not work if the wound is green, only blue.
Wound is green now.
Really wish I had known that still worked when it was just blue. Could have done so easily, but I was under the impression cauterizing did absolutely nothing for infection anymore :(
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: October 04, 2015, 09:09:32 am »

Well cauterizing has like a 50% chance of just immediately setting it to green so its never a particularly appealing option. But yeah, now you have to get your hands on some antibiotics or royal jelly or you're screwed.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

blazing glory

« Reply #2367 on: October 04, 2015, 09:17:16 am »

First aid kits work as well.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: October 04, 2015, 09:45:16 am »

Well cauterizing has like a 50% chance of just immediately setting it to green so its never a particularly appealing option. But yeah, now you have to get your hands on some antibiotics or royal jelly or you're screwed.

Isn't that better odds than doing nothing? You kinda need antibiotics at any level of infection if you don't want to die.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: October 04, 2015, 10:12:06 am »

Isn't that better odds than doing nothing? You kinda need antibiotics at any level of infection if you don't want to die.

Well yeah, its better than nothing, but finding some disinfectant is a much better option than rolling the dice with cauterizing.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 451