Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 354 355 [356] 357 358 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 800020 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #5325 on: April 30, 2018, 03:05:46 pm »

I found a pretty good little shed in a forest right next to a big city where I can rest, but I'm getting angry stares from my moosy neighbours. What are the chances of them breaking through the window and murdering me while I sleep? Do animals break through windows at all or do they just go for already open ones?
Love, scriver~

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5326 on: April 30, 2018, 03:21:12 pm »

Moosen and other living creatures will not break windows. Zoose will, however, come and kick your ass through the window so be careful with them.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5327 on: April 30, 2018, 04:30:54 pm »

You can close a good number of windows in homes with the c command to close the curtains if you dont want to waste time boarding them up.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5328 on: May 01, 2018, 08:15:25 am »

Or dragging/pushing furniture to obscure view and block passage.

( Tchey )

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://jeux1d100.net/
« Reply #5329 on: May 06, 2018, 02:36:49 am »

Hi, i didn't follow the game for a while, but i played quite a lot a couple of years ago.

Is there a version "0.D" on the way, or it's on hold, or something else ?

Thanks

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5330 on: May 06, 2018, 03:09:22 am »

I'm playing the experimental version which sounds like it's reasonably actively developed.

I got to the shelter, the mission you get from the terminal at the start. but.. there was nothing there, except for the building itself. there were some rooms I was unable to get into - all the terminals were off/broken or whatever.
it said I completed the mission, but. I duno was something else supposed to happen?

I had some battles with the fungle spore tree thing, set everything on fire. the spire itself didn't die from the fire though, it just kept spawning walls next to itself.
then it rained. and overnight it spread the ground thing even further than when I started burning it. what gives?
I gave up at that point due to the rain keeping on interfering with by pyromania. also I can't find anything to use as a magazine for the simple flame thrower. can't craft the tank for that.

drove back to my starting base after that, to heal my broken arm and figure out wtf to do next.
installed a browning HMG turret on my electric car, that was kind of fun putting that in semi auto with auto targeting. then it ran out of ammo. gota look for some more 50cal.
ofc I didn't get the chance to butcher everything it killed so it ended up being kind of pointless.
I also installed a 7.62 minigun, but that doesn't go semi auto, and it's a bit bloody pointless on full auto, going to have to look for something better.
I left my car to go explore a mansion (found lots of good books in there) and when I came back, two reinforced windscreens had disappeared, along with the frame on those two spots. I'm assuming it was the turret being bugged? (it was firing now and then while I was exploring) it didn't seem to have any problems when I was with it. duno.

So my arm is no longer broken, and I'm a bit at a loss what to do, the radio says something about going west, but not how far, I'm assuming it's not just referring to the first mission (that was west of my starting point)
I've had some run-ins with turrets, they seem a bit OP, like, you can open a door and instantly die. most robots seem OP as well, anything with an automatic weapon. I've learned to open a door from the diagonal to minimize getting caught in the fatal funnel from turrets. not sure how to take out robots though, I've got no EMP weapons. and don't know how to even get them. tried a grenade, didn't seem to do much, but it's almost impossible to throw without dying so not sure how close it was to them when it went off.

anexiledone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5331 on: May 06, 2018, 06:38:37 am »

If you have Static NPC's turned off, nothing spawns at the refugee center

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5332 on: May 06, 2018, 08:02:22 am »

the radio says something about going west, but not how far, I'm assuming it's not just referring to the first mission (that was west of my starting point)
Its a message about a FEMA camp, the message becomes less garbled as you get closer to it, just keep heading in the direction it says and you'll find it eventually.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5333 on: May 06, 2018, 09:07:05 am »

I've had some run-ins with turrets, they seem a bit OP, like, you can open a door and instantly die. most robots seem OP as well, anything with an automatic weapon. I've learned to open a door from the diagonal to minimize getting caught in the fatal funnel from turrets. not sure how to take out robots though, I've got no EMP weapons. and don't know how to even get them. tried a grenade, didn't seem to do much, but it's almost impossible to throw without dying so not sure how close it was to them when it went off.
Get a control laptop, it makes the labs go from hard to pretty much the easiest thing in the world, just have your perception high enough to spot traps, and don't get bit, and you've pretty much won, although I DO admit to teleporting into a building in the military outpost, since I tried like 30 times and kept getting destroyed by the military turrets, as  A. There wasn't enough cover for me to get close enough to hack/destroy them. B. I tried the night approach but the searchlights kept me visible to them. and C. I couldn't try the vehicle approach because A. I didn't HAVE one B. Even assuming I did, I can't DRIVE them (Not the driving skill, the problem is me personally not understanding how the driving works very well. And C. Even assuming I DID have one, and COULD drive, it was surround by forest (almost entirely young trees, which appear to not provide cover) which would make it even harder. So yes I cheated

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5334 on: May 06, 2018, 10:46:19 am »

Youre not supposed to be able to get close enough to a military compound to hack the drones.  Its a deliberate design choice.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5335 on: May 06, 2018, 01:39:59 pm »

So, what exactly am I supposed to do in the scenario where I can't get near enough to do anything to them, including shoot them?

Ametsala

• Bay Watcher
  • "needs chocolate to get through the working day"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5336 on: May 06, 2018, 03:06:22 pm »

Hi, i didn't follow the game for a while, but i played quite a lot a couple of years ago.

Is there a version "0.D" on the way, or it's on hold, or something else ?

Thanks

0.D is on the way. No clue when it'll be released as stable, as I don't have anything to do with the project. (I just play occasionally.) Here's the changelog. (last updated three months ago, so it's a bit out of date for the latest experimentals.)

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #5337 on: May 06, 2018, 03:35:12 pm »

So, what exactly am I supposed to do in the scenario where I can't get near enough to do anything to them, including shoot them?
Get long-range weapons, accept the risk and use peek, or just make a monster truck that won't care about those young trees.
If your player skillset isn't up to snuff, you've just got to work on it.
Some things are just going to be too hard until you've gotten better at the finer details, same as any difficult game.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5338 on: May 06, 2018, 03:55:56 pm »

Get long-range weapons, accept the risk and use peek, or just make a monster truck that won't care about those young trees.
If your player skillset isn't up to snuff, you've just got to work on it.
Some things are just going to be too hard until you've gotten better at the finer details, same as any difficult game.
Was just curious if there was something I was missing, good to know there wasn't

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5339 on: May 06, 2018, 04:20:19 pm »

Find a missile silo and launch a nuke? :D
Pages: 1 ... 354 355 [356] 357 358 ... 451