Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 380 381 [382] 383 384 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 803201 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #5715 on: August 31, 2018, 02:09:56 am »

That reminds me. Most amusing bug, right before FRESHLY-FROZEN HOT MEAT took that prize:

On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #5716 on: August 31, 2018, 04:23:10 am »

I didn't knew that yelling trick would work to get rid of those everloving moose monsters, i'll have to remember for the next time.
I managed to lose him when we crossed path with another labrador mutt.

For some reason the moose decided to let me go and rushed after the poor dog, i didn't stayed to see the result.
I find amusing that the moose sprite has 2 red eyes as if glowing, it describe very well how i imagined the Cataclysm moose to be : demonic machines of pure hatred and destruction.

In the mall i used the yelling to attract a bunch of zombie in a room, and exited by another door, it allowed me to circle around the location to continue toward the exit without having to deal with the big pack of them.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #5717 on: August 31, 2018, 09:02:25 am »

I find amusing that the moose sprite has 2 red eyes as if glowing, it describe very well how i imagined the Cataclysm moose to be : demonic machines of pure hatred and destruction.

I personally like to think that along with special zombies, spontaneous creation of giant cockroaches from rotting meat, giant bugs, and literal supernatural shit like Mi-gos, hostile moose are a relatively small thing.

My own head canon is that the Cataclysm included something that caused the wildlife to become a hell of a lot more aggressive, kind of like The Long Dark.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5718 on: August 31, 2018, 12:31:16 pm »

As a Canadian, I can assure you that C:DDA has realistically aggressive moose. They'll mess you up if you so much as look at them wrong. Yelling at a moose is a good way to make it think you're attacking it and for it to react accordingly. I think being able to sometimes scare away wildlife with noise and/or fire can be a good gameplay feature, especially if those same things attract zombies, but moose shouting isn't very realistic unless you're some kind of Moose Whisperer.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5720 on: August 31, 2018, 12:47:41 pm »

How can you shout them away if you whisper at them?

lastofthelight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5722 on: August 31, 2018, 04:31:10 pm »

Yeah, but like 95% of New England does not have Moose. I live in PA, and drive 50,000 miles a year. I have driven ~400,000 miles in the past eight years. I have seen a bear /once/ in 8 years. I have never seen a Moose on the road. I have never heard of anyone who has. I think I brought this up like a million million times, and they found like, two places in the whole 13 original colonies where they are still running around, and yet Moose are absurdly common in the game. Its not like they generate a rare 'moose wilderness' - moose run around like coyotes feasting on human flesh.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 04:36:58 pm by lastofthelight »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5723 on: September 01, 2018, 04:02:39 am »

Well they were obviously re-habitated to the area in the future, during the reign of Ted Roosevelt's clone.
Love, scriver~

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #5724 on: September 01, 2018, 09:36:50 am »

Is the dino mod working on current builds ?

I mean, i played a few mall cop start and escaped to a town only to get killed by those damn feral hunters, and every time not a single dinosaur in the mall, in the forest or in the town i was moving around .

Is there a setting that may prevent them to appear ? Or are they supposed to replace the undead (i hope, a jurrasic park themed run could be fun) but it is not working ?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5725 on: September 01, 2018, 09:37:52 am »

Is the dino mod working on current builds ?

I mean, i played a few mall cop start and escaped to a town only to get killed by those damn feral hunters, and every time not a single dinosaur in the mall, in the forest or in the town i was moving around .

Is there a setting that may prevent them to appear ? Or are they supposed to replace the undead (i hope, a jurrasic park themed run could be fun) but it is not working ?
I've only ever seen dinosaurs in basements and swamps

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #5726 on: September 01, 2018, 10:08:42 am »

Ah so they're only in a few locations, too bad i hoped so much for a jurassic city dino invasion.

edit : as i found a lot of frozen solid food, and my character was hungry, i decided to use some matchbox to start a fire and use my pan to hopefully defrost something.

My safe house had a few shrubs around, i decided to not use the ones that were right next the walls, because i imagined that with my luck it would somehow transfer the fire and goodbye safehouse.

So i choose the shrub that was at 2 tiles from my house instead.
Then i started the fire. At the time to take the pan i remembered that i had left it where i found it, in another house, fortunately not too far from my base.

After getting there and back , when i entered my house i started to see message about mycharacter "hearing crash"
I was a bit worried that a zombie or worse a moose had somehow managed to get in there while i was away.

So i rushed to my large bedroom and

Uh oh, i guess 2 tiles between the shrub and the house wasn't a safe enough distance
I'll have to save all i can and go to another house, damn all those window boarding and tapping for nothing.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 06:32:27 pm by Robsoie »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5727 on: September 02, 2018, 04:36:18 am »

Anybody having trouble keeping cows alive, every time I get one I put it a sealed building and every time a wolf spawns in with it after a few days and it kills the cow, anyone else having this happen?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #5728 on: September 02, 2018, 06:56:11 am »

Never tried to have cows in the game, but something probably worth trying : find dogfood and feed a dog on a tile next to you to tame it.

Then have the friendly dog stay in the same room where you left the cow, so -hopefully- if a wolf spawn out of air in it (that would be a bug anyways), the dog may fight it instead of letting the cow be killed.

edit : today a moose learned that wanting to murder everything can be a bad idea

« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 07:02:54 am by Robsoie »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #5729 on: September 02, 2018, 08:31:59 am »

Is random NPC spawning completely broken in recent versions ?

With the default setting when i enabled random NPC i saw 0 random NPC in all my characters run crossing whole cities, the only one i saw are if i turn static NPC on (so i see the guy at the shelter or in the mall starts) 

Decided to turn the spawn rate setting from its default 0.1 to 15.0 ! and still absolutely no random NPC is spawned anywhere i am running into, moved through a whole city and in the wilderness up to the next city in the map, 0 random NPC

Of course observation dones with random npc turned on, and no NPC corpse if i was just unlucky and they were getting killed just before i could see them.
Pages: 1 ... 380 381 [382] 383 384 ... 451