Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437 438 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 803012 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #6525 on: August 01, 2019, 09:57:48 pm »

Spoiler: Semi-snark (click to show/hide)

In other news, who else here thinks boats are still borked?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6526 on: August 03, 2019, 06:39:13 am »

I feel I have to give my two cents on the new sepia remembered tiles tone somewhere, so here they are: The problem is that the remembered tile sepia colouration is too bright in comparison to the "dark tiles you see right now" colouration. If the brightness of the remembered tiles reflected the brightness or darkness level you saw them in, this wouldn't be a problem - remembered tiles inside houses or in cellars would automatically be as dark brown as the low light "currently observed tiles" is dark grey.
Love, scriver~

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6527 on: August 03, 2019, 07:15:30 am »

A cool thing just go merged Mech suits apparently they're really rare and function similarly to the power armour in fallout in the way that you need a rare battery to uses them, they are currently unrepairable but that is supposedly going to be changed soon.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #6528 on: August 03, 2019, 08:28:15 am »

there are going to be some incompetent idiots that can't survive without Amazon and their smartphone

I'm in this post and I don't like it

A cool thing just go merged Mech suits apparently they're really rare and function similarly to the power armour in fallout in the way that you need a rare battery to uses them, they are currently unrepairable but that is supposedly going to be changed soon.

I wonder if mech suit zombies (or some other kind of monster controlling a mech suit) would be possible...

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6529 on: August 03, 2019, 11:38:00 am »

A chance to have a zombie in a mech suit would be fun. They ran out of energy, but the zombie inside just didn't die.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6530 on: August 03, 2019, 06:14:42 pm »

Skeletal Shocker Mech Hulk

dpwb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6531 on: August 04, 2019, 12:06:49 pm »

I left the door open to expand the mechsuit stuff to add various stuff to it later, but the PR was already huge so its best to do it in bits.

Repairing them - definitely yes - I made the choice not to use the vehicle system for this, and instead use the riding system, if the idea of modifying them / repairing them sprawls too much, it may be best to use the vehicle system instead. though with a different movement system to the way vehicles move.

Monsters controlling them - possibly yes, the riding system could be fairly easily expanded to allow all creatures to ride other creatures, and finding a zombified mechpilot bashing random controls and making it fire its gun randomly is possible.

I've also left the door open for the mechs to be partially remote controlled or act independently in a limited way, to follow you as a packmule maybe and so on, that could be added on later.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6532 on: August 06, 2019, 06:33:39 pm »

TFW you finally get a nice place to start a wilderness survival scenario. forest near a river + huge swamps nearby and some roads to connect with the nearest town. but, even with that good kickstart and some wildlife avaliable for hunting it takes a lot of time before getting enough pelts for some simple clothing. i guess i'll have to cut down some string or something to make some rope and try for larger creatures because beavers dont provide enough.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6533 on: August 06, 2019, 09:16:47 pm »

*insert joke about beaver pelt hunting and realism here*

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6534 on: August 07, 2019, 12:04:55 pm »

*insert joke about beaver pelt hunting and realism here*

the only problem here is that there's too much spawns of other animals like birds and fish i some parts but then when you do a walk around the river the rest of the area seems devoid of life. not sure if its a bug in creature generation or just bad luck. i know the wildlife spawn rate was nerfed or something like that and it makes sense the forest wouldnt be choke full on animals but at least the few small furred creatures should provide some kind of fur to work with.

its not a necessity, just wanted to have a trully caveman start but after killing the beavers around the base it seems there's no more sources around. only wool, leather and rags from the zombies nearby.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6535 on: August 07, 2019, 12:20:14 pm »

I dunno but I feel if they were going for realism then the best time to catch smaller creatures would be when you aren't around - ie traps
Love, scriver~

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6536 on: August 07, 2019, 04:19:18 pm »

I dunno but I feel if they were going for realism then the best time to catch smaller creatures would be when you aren't around - ie traps

perhaps use the same code used for fishtraps but on small critters. as for birds, i even thought of dropping food on the ground but sadly, it doesnt work like that...food isnt an issue atm anyways, my character is overweight and there's still a lot of food dropped by animals, the issue is the lack of crafting materials like fur (and dont get me started in how to make rope, it took several days to cut down zombie loot until you got enough strings).

in other news i didnt expect a Mi-go to die by wooden spear. even a Kreck is a fucking nuissance to kill so didnt expect this thing to be stupid enough to get try and fight while being halted by bushes/small trees. it even ran away after getting heavily injured and then came back later. that's something you dont see everyday.

but outside of the lack of animal materials the most annoying thing on wilderness so far has been keeping the fire burning. i dont know how it works but its weird that a fire ring can be kept working when near an improvised shelter but once you upgrade to something like a tent/shelter any small drizzle puts it down.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 04:24:10 pm by xaritscin »

dpwb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6537 on: August 08, 2019, 07:24:05 am »

A proper trapping system with bait is wanted yes -

https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/projects/16

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6538 on: August 08, 2019, 06:52:50 pm »

Since pelts getting wasted is pretty wonky, and the PR to fix that has been stalling, I implemented a minor workaround into MST Extra. Basically just letting you take a fifth the amount of raw material to cure a patch-sized piece of cured hide/pelt, and an override to allow their use in tanning as well. Even without the workaround, because MST Extra lets you use rawhide for a few of the cruder recipes, I changed those recipe overrides to use an appropriate amount of cured patches, equal to the amount of fur pelts or leather patches normally needed.

Only thing that's missing is the ability to tan single cured patches into leather and fur patches, but the materials needed for the recipes don't divide as neatly as salt for curing does. Even then I had to eliminate salt water as an option because the required quantity wasn't divisible by 5.

For the tannin source, only pine boughs have a high enough requirement to allow dividing them up, and likewise you can't divide the salt or tallow up at all...an alternative might be to allow animal cooking oil or lamp oil maybe, divide the salt as with curing, and only allow pine boughs, but that'd still waste more water.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6539 on: August 09, 2019, 07:28:38 pm »

i found a horse while checking around a new starting location as of latest experimental. i gave it some cattle food and it became friendly but i dont have much experience with animal companions, do they abandon you overtime? or the remain loyal as long as you stay around? i dont really know how it works, just returned to base with the beast and a riding saddle so i can use it to move around.

also, i found a crashed helicopter with no zombies and a military rucksack, wut....
Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437 438 ... 451