Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 107

Author Topic: Overwatch  (Read 162471 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Overwatch - Released
« Reply #480 on: June 08, 2016, 08:22:24 pm »

This^^

Part of the reason so many multiplayer games from the previous generation of consoles would be dead within 3 months is because they released DLC that split the playerbase.  IIRC some of them would even mix DLC and non-DLC maps in the same rotation so you'd just get booted from the match with a message about how you don't have the necessary DLC.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: June 08, 2016, 09:20:59 pm »

No I actually read both of those before I made my statement.

we don’t have an exact timeline of when new heroes will be added to the game, how soon after launch, or how many...

AKA: No promises

Neo is just

Of course...

Really? "We don't know when we're going to start adding content, but when we do it'll be free." That's the obvious intent, to the point where I'm honestly confused that this is actually unclear. He literally says that they're not going to charge for heroes, maps, or modes on multiple occasions. Either you're somehow misreading a really obvious statement of intent or you're deliberately misinterpreting it in the worst way possible...

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: June 08, 2016, 10:09:21 pm »

Also why the fuck would they ever make you pay for heroes it would break the base mechanic of the game, hero switching
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: June 08, 2016, 11:43:12 pm »

Yeah, it's like, we've seen how much even something like purchased map packs can fragment a playerbase. Something as fundamental as heroes would either leave it incredibly unbalanced for people who didn't pay, or would (as above) fragment the playerbase, resulting in less fair matchmaking and longer queue times for everyone.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: June 09, 2016, 08:36:26 am »

No I actually read both of those before I made my statement.

we don’t have an exact timeline of when new heroes will be added to the game, how soon after launch, or how many...

AKA: No promises

Neo is just

Of course...

Really? "We don't know when we're going to start adding content, but when we do it'll be free." That's the obvious intent, to the point where I'm honestly confused that this is actually unclear. He literally says that they're not going to charge for heroes, maps, or modes on multiple occasions. Either you're somehow misreading a really obvious statement of intent or you're deliberately misinterpreting it in the worst way possible...

It's not unclear at all.

Neo is just

It's what he does.  In the warhammer thread he suggested the devs limited what territories a faction can occupy for some nefarious purpose and then lied about it being for lore reasons.
Shoes...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: June 09, 2016, 08:50:59 am »

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: June 09, 2016, 10:54:52 am »

Haha, I had a hilarious game attacking on Gibraltar yesterday.  I was playing Lucio, and the enemies had a Reinhardt, Bastion, Mercy combo set up on a building.  They pretty much wiped out my team, so I just kinda ducked behind the payload.   None of them jumped down to stop me, so I just walked it straight to the next checkpoint. 

I managed to do this 2 more times in the same game, it was like they didn't care if I was pushing the payload, it was bizarre.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: June 09, 2016, 10:56:30 am »

NOt that there's any point.  Lucio is impossible to dislodge from the payload if he's played right and there's no McCree.
Shoes...

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: June 09, 2016, 11:05:30 am »

NOt that there's any point.  Lucio is impossible to dislodge from the payload if he's played right and there's no McCree.

All they had to do was drop reinhardt down there.  Hell, even mercy probably could have delayed it until someone else from their team came along.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: June 09, 2016, 02:28:54 pm »

Yeah, it's like, we've seen how much even something like purchased map packs can fragment a playerbase. Something as fundamental as heroes would either leave it incredibly unbalanced for people who didn't pay, or would (as above) fragment the playerbase, resulting in less fair matchmaking and longer queue times for everyone.
No but seriously not being to access every hero at any time is the main mechanic. It's the same as TF2. It's a brilliant mechanic, that. In other words: Let's not automagically assume that those darn game developers want to fuck us all out of our hard-earned cash!
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: June 09, 2016, 02:34:41 pm »

I'm really not seeing Lucio's payload survivability and *love* it when enemy Lucios try their luck.  You know exactly what he's going to do, he's going to play ring around the rosey and if you try to go in on him he's going to boop you back and switch directions.  Not that hard to play around.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: June 09, 2016, 02:38:00 pm »

In an ever-so-slightly less gameplay related topic, holy fuck I love Genji's design. Cyborg Ninjas are my soft spot.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: June 09, 2016, 03:11:12 pm »

In an ever-so-slightly less gameplay related topic, holy fuck I love Genji's design. Cyborg Ninjas are my soft spot.

I use the Banana-Genji skin for maximum ninja power.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: June 09, 2016, 03:14:06 pm »

He is definitely one of the highlights. My vote for best in design will probably still go to Lady Dash (intentionally named incorrectly), though she is the one I feel could be dropped right into a movie without being altered even slightly.

I know I am probably going to be the extreme minority but the one I like the least I Blackwidow if only because she is as GENERIC AS HECK!

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: June 09, 2016, 03:20:28 pm »

I really like how he and Hanzo are, like.. Design-wise, sort of opposites? One's very natural and tattooed and shit while the other is a fucking cyborg
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 107