Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 631 632 [633] 634 635 ... 3838

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5926591 times)

Iados

• Bay Watcher
  • Back from the Dead
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #9480 on: January 07, 2011, 05:33:31 am »

My craftdwarf got a mood... gathered bones and rough gems.

here i present you the artifact with the smaller value ever!

Okomarur Molgaspgud, "Boltappears the Scholary Throat", the mule bone armor stand! Value 1200!

Serio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9481 on: January 07, 2011, 08:27:28 am »

I was preparing a 3 level artificial cavern for an underground tower, collapsing each floor onto the one below. My Chief Medical Dwarf, also a miner, collapsed the second floor before the third, and did so from the wrong side. She fell and broke both her legs. Some of her internal organs were bruised as well. The Broker, a miner like my Chief Medical Dwarf, was also unfortunate when she collapsed the third floor onto the first. The Broker broke her right upper leg and her right hand. But that was only from falling. Of course, that was only from the fall. Then third floor collapsed onto the two injured miners.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9482 on: January 07, 2011, 08:56:36 am »

I have created an extremely efficient fortress design. There are no hallways- only the stairway shaft.

FB's will love you. :D

Also, my most successful fighter (Catten Lolornefek) (24 kills now) took his last five preys down by bashing them with his exceptional maple shield while a few minutes before he had grown attached to his bronze short sword which he didn't even bring with him.

EDit; my miners are a bunch lazy sods who hate me. I found a vein of what I've read was called 'candyfloss' and I let one of my miners dig out a bit to the side of it before starting. She dug it out and is now on her way from -51 to go to sleep on -4. Two out of three of my miners are asleep and the third is on break.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 10:56:22 am by FrisianDude »
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9483 on: January 07, 2011, 11:41:08 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This is a blank sig.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #9484 on: January 07, 2011, 12:07:43 pm »

My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #9485 on: January 07, 2011, 12:30:12 pm »

On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

MadBoat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9486 on: January 07, 2011, 01:57:41 pm »

Yesterday I got a legendary donkey leather thong. I giggled heartily.

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9487 on: January 07, 2011, 02:01:22 pm »

Part 45 of my LP is up.

Elves get pissy about a splint and Rofa fucks up my military.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #9488 on: January 07, 2011, 02:15:11 pm »

what's a radio?  :D

anyways, sucks that Alath got screwed up...
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

The11th

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9489 on: January 07, 2011, 02:24:48 pm »

I'm currently excavating the lowest z-level I can get to. Found lots of gold. I'm playing the mac version, and for some reason, rivers now act like roads. That's right. Dwarves and caravans can just ride on top of my river. Everyone is Jesus! I have decided this is an acceptable flaw for the time being. I've also designated a special stock pile next to my farms just for seeds. I feel so organized. Maybe I'll make a drink stockpile next.

Oh, and my hallway of DEATH is complete. It's an underground tunnel that can, during siege, be transformed into the only entrance to my fort. Then, once the army is well within its winding corridors, I close the doors in and out, and... OPEN the floodgate to the river! Thus drowning anything foolish enough to attack me. I  haven't had a chance to try it out yet... (sieges still work on the mac version). Well, I HAD a siege... but I'd forgotten to build a floodgate to close off the front of my fort. So my military had to dispatch them.

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9490 on: January 07, 2011, 02:32:50 pm »

I justified that in the update before that one. Because really, you try thinking of a good way to write combat in the form of journal entries when the dwarf writing them is nowhere near the battle.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

LealNightrunner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9491 on: January 07, 2011, 02:44:58 pm »

I'm playing the mac version, and for some reason, rivers now act like roads. That's right. Dwarves and caravans can just ride on top of my river. Everyone is Jesus!

Are you sure it's not a brook?  They count as floors normally, and are walkable.
Current Fort: NatureRags

The11th

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9492 on: January 07, 2011, 03:04:12 pm »

I'm playing the mac version, and for some reason, rivers now act like roads. That's right. Dwarves and caravans can just ride on top of my river. Everyone is Jesus!

Are you sure it's not a brook?  They count as floors normally, and are walkable.
Oh, that may be it haha! Either way it's insanely convenient.

ElthMysterius

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Musician
    • View Profile
« Reply #9493 on: January 07, 2011, 06:33:30 pm »

I justified that in the update before that one. Because really, you try thinking of a good way to write combat in the form of journal entries when the dwarf writing them is nowhere near the battle.

I would've just switched the narrative to somebody who was there, or had the author recount the events as "He told me this happened."

The whole radio thing just felt way too absurd, but ultimatly it was a minor issue in a great LP. Can't wait to see what the mystery invader is!
"Strike the earth!"
"A section of the cavern has collapsed"
"Your fortress has crumbled to its end"
Yeah, in the future you probably shouldn't strike the earth quite so hard

Mr. Argent

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:TRAITOROUS_NATURE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9494 on: January 07, 2011, 06:46:05 pm »

Found a magma pool in the first cavern layer. time to fortify the pool and set up a magma forge!
Urist McVenom Cancels strange mood: Being exiled.
Pages: 1 ... 631 632 [633] 634 635 ... 3838