Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2841 2842 [2843] 2844 2845 ... 3835

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5787347 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #42630 on: August 03, 2015, 05:55:35 pm »

python man is actually the species name, and doesnt in this case refer to gender.  you.

hu-man
python-man
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

customlemon

• Bay Watcher
  • Not a morning person
    • View Profile
« Reply #42631 on: August 03, 2015, 06:16:57 pm »

Let me tell you how much fun I'am having right now:
This fortress is meant as a giantic "F-you" to the elves. I built it right outside their giantic settlement (The biggest one on this world, at least)
It has 7 z-levels high, 3 tiles wide walls, and a 10 z-levels high tower. All made of wood.
The stocks screen says it used ~4600 logs, with ~2700 logs still laying around. Elves already sent their diplomat.
When the come, I will show them who's boss. With wooden bolts. (I have silver, copper, iron and steel, but let's not waste good stuff on them. I might use some unicorn bone bolts though)
I wonder if they will feel betrayed by the trees the love so much.

As a bonus, If a large enough siege comes, I may erect a phallic monument, made out of wood of course, in the middle of my fortress.

I'm having this much fun without even reaching magma.

DF is great  :D

ED: Thanks for correcting my spelling. English is not my primary language
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 06:24:57 pm by customlemon »
Needs !!FUN!! to get through the working day

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42632 on: August 03, 2015, 06:18:27 pm »

*Phallic.

Anyway, all that is just good clean fun, deforestation and war and obscenity.

I meant the stuff about... snakes...
One wheel short of a wagon

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42633 on: August 03, 2015, 06:26:42 pm »

Gravelsears lost 5 legendary warriors to a siege.  Not to the siege itself, though; oh no.  That was the usual gobbo rabble, 30 of the greenies with 20 troll auxiliaries.  Oh no, that's not the problem at all.

The problem is that they were cave adapted.  And the sun came out.  So my precious little steel-clad, adamantine-armed princelings, Avatars of Death that they were, STOPPED FIGHTING TO LIE AROUND AND PUKE AND WHINE LIKE LITTLE GIRLS.

I allowed them to be buried... but I swear I wanted to throw them in the magma with the gobbos and put their slabs in the trash heap.  Useless gits.

Things Bastiongate Taught Me #4: Always Put Your Barracks Outside With No Roof

Well, I usually take such  measures... the rolling clouds of unholy murk can cause some problems with exposed dwarves, however  :P
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

customlemon

• Bay Watcher
  • Not a morning person
    • View Profile
« Reply #42634 on: August 03, 2015, 06:32:30 pm »

Oh, that's just my thing. Making people around me uncomfortable with their own thoughts :D

An opportunity presented itself, so I just had to do it :D

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #42635 on: August 03, 2015, 06:35:21 pm »

The obvious solution to cave adaptation is to never go back up on the surface. Ever.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #42636 on: August 03, 2015, 06:53:32 pm »

The obvious solution to cave adaptation is to never go back up on the surface. Ever.
just block your self in and never come out.
Just build an area that can open under your trade depot to trap in wagons and such
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #42637 on: August 03, 2015, 06:54:20 pm »

There was a guy who roofed over his entire embark. His outpost liaison got cave adaption.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #42638 on: August 03, 2015, 07:14:28 pm »

just block your self in and never come out.
Just build an area that can open under your trade depot to trap in wagons and such
Ew, no, that's boring. Just force goblins and shit to come down into the depths of the earth rather than have your dwarves go to the surface.
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

HDSlugMoar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42639 on: August 04, 2015, 12:01:22 am »

I tired locking myself away from the upper world once, it ended when 3 forgotten beasts attacked my fort because my dwarves were too lazy to build any damn walls to walk off the caves.... Then when I tried to fight them I realized that all of my dwarves were suffocating from the attempt I made at giving them 2 heads the night before. The conflict didn't last long.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #42640 on: August 04, 2015, 12:57:22 am »

Haven't played Dwarf Fortress in a while. Tried an embark in a sinister desert. Hoooooo boy, things went to hell fast. First, an undead crow corpse confirmed that the place was reanimating. The crow attacked and scratched up a few dogs and hit a miner in the head before our militia squished it.

Then a peregrine falcon corpse came tearing through the map like a screaming undead bird of prey only can, and tore apart anything alive on the surface in seconds. That undead peregrine falcon was impossibly fast. Only a single miner who was down in the sandy hole fledgling fortress survived, who managed to eke a meager living as a lone hermit for a few months. She sealed the fort with some locked wooden doors, dumped a cat head and dog corpse outside before they reanimated, stuck starving livestock away to starve to death behind walls, had a plot of plump helmets, a bed, and stocks of food and drink to last some time for a single occupant. Not too terrible a life, compared to being dead. All she had to show for the horrors of the outdoors was a bruised head from a crow corpse and a fever from the ooze raining outside.

Then migrants came in summer. I tried unlocking a door and getting them inside. Suddenly a goddamn undead dog corpse zooms in from ambush -fairly certain the thing was sitting just outside the door while sneaking - and it barreled through the now unlocked front door and tore a cat apart before the migrants can get in. The perimeter is breached! I pray that my miner hermit can rekill the corpse with her pick.

She gets torn apart. I hastily sic my 6 migrants on the beast as a mob of wrestlers only can. A bloody melee ensues in which several other dogs and cats get torn up. The migrants miraculously kill it.

They're unable to move all the corpses out before they reanimate. One by one the bodies get back up and havoc erupts once more. First a cat, then a dog, then another dog, then the slain miner hermit. The zombies tear every last dwarf apart.

Sigh. I should've left the migrants to die and keep with the hermit fort. That would've been interesting. Was fun to micromanage a single dwarf in the midst of a desert crawling with undead.

customlemon

• Bay Watcher
  • Not a morning person
    • View Profile
« Reply #42641 on: August 04, 2015, 04:38:49 am »

A human vampire law-giver came.
Th brn Kvsh Dthlkdol of Chmbrflsh mts wth th Hmn vmpr lw-gvr Alpth Snmdgn
And recites the full history of his civ from ~past 20 years.
Oh boy, will this be on the exam?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42642 on: August 04, 2015, 06:21:22 am »

Stupid diplomat didn't bother talking to my king, just left. And we're still a metropolis. Oh well, another year to mountainhome.

Now my trade depot is covered in literally dozens of creepy crawler remains.
One wheel short of a wagon

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42643 on: August 04, 2015, 06:40:01 am »

While waiting for the miners to do their thing, something changed on the main status screen. Seems like the "l" (view artefacts) option came online. Since we're way below the numbers for a mood and have no military yet, i was quite curious:

"The worshipper of Ruin, a goblin-cap spear

This is a goblin-cap spear.

One kill
Muddledlurk the Ominous Insanity of Beguilers the forgotten beast, d.7

Slayer
Tramplerasped the amphibian woman, one kill"

Quite nice. Would've been more impressive if we ever got to see the beast or witness the fight, but we're not complaining.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #42644 on: August 04, 2015, 08:24:09 am »

Make a slab to the beast.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 2841 2842 [2843] 2844 2845 ... 3835