Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 47

Author Topic: Ark: Survival Evolved  (Read 148963 times)

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ark: Survival Evolved
« Reply #615 on: September 01, 2017, 10:22:52 pm »

Did the release versions do anything to make the game less of a grind and do something about the simplistic dino A.I?
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: September 02, 2017, 03:11:51 am »

Did the release versions do anything to make the game less of a grind and do something about the simplistic dino A.I?
Even as an early access game it always felt like a better game than Skyrim or Fallout4. I'm not even playing pvp and I get a ton of fun playing this, just wish there was a friendly fire setting like on Dark and light or GTA5 online so I could tranq my friends now and then haha.

But they did change the A.I a bit. Dino's don't run straight into walls a bit and they have nerfed some of the bosses at least. Not sure how much they've nerfed the Dragon yet.
Y'all who want to play Abberation pve is welcome to join me tho haha.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: September 02, 2017, 04:26:54 am »

Gotta say, I'm a little pissed that the season pass costs more than I paid for the game.  I really didn't care about the cost for Scorched Earth, but as a very early EA backer this is kind of insulting.

Oh well, I got more than three-hundred hours logged, tamed almost every dino (and a lot of mod creatures) so at least I can say I got some enjoyment out of it.

For real, this is shitty of them tho'.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: September 02, 2017, 06:30:38 am »

Gotta say, I'm a little pissed that the season pass costs more than I paid for the game.  I really didn't care about the cost for Scorched Earth, but as a very early EA backer this is kind of insulting.

Oh well, I got more than three-hundred hours logged, tamed almost every dino (and a lot of mod creatures) so at least I can say I got some enjoyment out of it.

For real, this is shitty of them tho'.
Yeah 1200hours here so i'm probably a bit biased. I think SE should not have been released so early if it weren't for their breach of contract fiasco? I'm all for Abberation. A bit pissed because of the price change but I blame consoles for that. Or retailer. Or that their sales have dropped a lot now that their playerbase might've stagnated :p

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: September 02, 2017, 10:00:39 am »

There is a friendly fire setting. There are quite a few settings. Most are now no longer hidden.

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: September 02, 2017, 01:18:04 pm »

But they did change the A.I a bit. Dino's don't run straight into walls a bit and they have nerfed some of the bosses at least. Not sure how much they've nerfed the Dragon yet.
Y'all who want to play Abberation pve is welcome to join me tho haha.

Right, but are all carnivores still simple death machines who's only behavior is to kill anything on sight and herbivores just literally a fancy model that roams in random directions until killed by said carnivores?
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: September 02, 2017, 01:46:56 pm »

There is a friendly fire setting. There are quite a few settings. Most are now no longer hidden.
Server setting, you mean? Because I know of that already. I meant a toggle a tribe chief could just toggle on and off. Like on GTA or Dark and light :p

And not technically, Smitehappy, now there are some herbivores who are just like the carnivores haha. I remember the vegetarian T-rex/Tickle chicken at first. So angry.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: September 02, 2017, 03:43:15 pm »

I'd like it if it worked at higher than 20fps on every PC I've ever seen it on.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: September 02, 2017, 06:13:01 pm »

I'd like it if it worked at higher than 20fps on every PC I've ever seen it on.
I've been getting steady 60fps+ ever since release when I got a 960. On maxed out settings haha. The only problem I've had was memory leaks, having to restart the game after an hour or more.

I really wonder what makes it so people get poor frames on ARK.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: September 06, 2017, 02:55:43 pm »

It seems optimized for certain systems whereas others (mine) never got any real support in that regard.

I don't know what the difference is, I just know that ARK is the only game I have that kind of trouble with. I easily exceed the recommend requirements, I should be able to run it on something other than low.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: September 06, 2017, 10:44:28 pm »

It seems optimized for certain systems whereas others (mine) never got any real support in that regard.

I don't know what the difference is, I just know that ARK is the only game I have that kind of trouble with. I easily exceed the recommend requirements, I should be able to run it on something other than low.
Yeah I think it's a bit random which graphic cards are good on ARK, if even that's the problem. I get worse performance on PUBG though, or it's just the visuals looking like that.

The Phoenix was a bit of a disappointment though. I was expecting some rare as wyvern and not a tiny suicide bomber x)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: September 21, 2017, 02:21:29 am »

Holy balls, Ragnarok is huge. From the looks of it, most of the content is inland, but there's enough for me to explore in my usual seafaring lifestyle. The damn leedsicthys force me to find safe harbors to park in, though, which somewhat screws with my usual "park a bit offshore to prevent wandering predators from gnoshing my pirate ship"
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: September 21, 2017, 01:56:38 pm »

Ragnarok is getting an update today. I don't think it's all available yet without console commands.

Or not get an update for whatever reason.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 09:49:40 pm by BigD145 »

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: October 07, 2017, 12:52:35 pm »

Reinstalling the game and I am wondering..
Is there a server with fellow Bay12ers still playing this thing?

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: October 08, 2017, 06:11:01 am »

Reinstalling the game and I am wondering..
Is there a server with fellow Bay12ers still playing this thing?
I play a lot on this aight server with 6x Rates and 3x XP, (8x breeding or so) clusters etc. The dude's a pretty good host and he also hosts a Zomboid server. He's going to host Aberration whenever it comes but you're welcome to join the server, except since he's moving right now the servers are acting up, unless it's because of a bug in Ragnarok where it spawns thousands of squids and fish at some spots.

Nordic Survival if you're interested innit
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 47