Poll

What is your preferred system?

Any D&D/D20
Shadowrun
World of Darkness
Palladium
Other (feel free to post about it)

Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 623

Author Topic: Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread: COBRA!!!  (Read 848927 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com

You could run a round of DeadEarth character generation
    for an almost-playable experience.

In the hyper-realistic post-apocalyptic Parisian mountains, you too can become mutated into a "Mad Whack Voodoo Ninja"

Pros over FATAL
    • Not FATAL
    • Almost playable
    • Characters can die in character generation
    • Weird, exploding-die mutations
    • Authentic realism
    • Immature about women and sex, rather than horrifying
    • not FATAL
That sounds good to me, let's do this.[/list]
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

Okay.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!

The Pathfinder shenanigans continue!

The goblin we handcuffed last week was conned into thinking we'd chosen him as the trueblooded champion (??) so he'd shut up, but then he started complaining about being handcuffed, so we tied him up as well and told him getting free was his first test. We then started heading back to our parent organisation to demonstrate the evil devil-worshipping scum.

On the way, we were attacked by a hippogryph, which... well, we tried to scare off with an escalating series of screams starting with me rearing my horse and yelling and ending with the wizard using Ghost Sound to duplicate its hunting call right behind it. That didn't exactly work, so we went to plan B: cast Enlarge Person on someone. It has yet to fail us.

So the monk, after attempting to ride the hippogryph (yep. Not very bright) was in the best position, so he grappled it, then pinned it, and we tied it up. At which point its mate arrived. Several attempted Handle Animal checks later, the sorceror/rogue decides 'sod it' and colour sprays it. Luckily, both I and my horse passed the will DC, so only the 'gryphs were stunned. Naturally, the monk then grappled and tied that one, too.

At this point, the goblin rolls out of the carriage shouting that he'd done it, he'd passed the first test. So we did the obvious thing, tied him up again, and told him it was the second test.

We're not sure how to get the 'gryphs back to base, but I'll be damned if I pass up the chance to become flying artillery. I knew I put those points into Ride and Handle Animal for a reason!

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile

That Monk sure likes hugging things. Is there not enough space in the carriage for the gryphs?

Ah, and for those who want to check it out, the new Vigilante for Pathfinder is now up on D20PFSRD. Most of it, anyways.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

That Monk sure likes hugging things. Is there not enough space in the carriage for the gryphs?

Ah, and for those who want to check it out, the new Vigilante for Pathfinder is now up on D20PFSRD. Most of it, anyways.
Wow, that has a magical girl archetype.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And a Hulk in the Brute Archetype. Zorro in the Mounted Fury. Your mount also has a secret identity, for some reason. And the Wildsoul Archetype has three choices: Arachnid for Spiderman, Falconine for Hawkman, and Ursine for Bear.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Your mount also has a secret identity, for some reason.

Well I mean, it'd be a pretty shitty secret if Gregory the nondescript candle maker and ZILDIRO THE SAVIOR OF THE WEST both rode the same horse.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Unless Gregoro, Gregory's older brother, just happens to be a famous animal breeder that produces great numbers of physically identical horses that are sold on the cheap, propagating out through the surrounding lands. Loved by peasants for their price, city guards for their stamina and temperment, and the thieves guilds for being completely impossible to identify one from the other.

Alternately, Zildiro contracted a random mage to roam around the countryside permanently polymorphing horses into clones of his own. Gods know if I had a distinctive physical characteristic and a decent warchest, that's what I'd do. Whole towns permanently and painlessly inflicted with a scar under their left eye, entire herds of horses turned the same color, etc, etc., etc. It's not an identifying characteristic anymore if it identifies everyone!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There's no actual penalty for people knowing your identities though. It's up to the DM to make one up. Aside form the scrying bit; if someone knows both your identities, they don't auto-fail when trying to scry on the identity you are not currently in.

There's even a paragraph in the Ultimate Intrigue book that recommends players have their alter-egos be an open secret.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

So, the elder Gangrel, who presumably wants me dead for testifying against him, found our new haven we were hiding in.  We know this because we came back from feeding to find our Ventrue party member lying on the couch with a stake in her chest, and a note.  Apparently he wants to meet in 5 days, that we have "Unfinished business".

We were supposed to be trying to lure him into a trap for the vampire authorities, who are trying to kill him for his crimes.  But we were sorta putting that off because hiding seemed a lot safer (and we were handling other plot hooks).  My plan if he found me was to run, pray, and hopefully scare him off with some lucky fire bullets (which are coming in the mail soon).

But this kinda changes everything.  He found us, he could trivially kill us, but instead he wants to "meet".  So I reported to my sire but *not* to the Prince/authorities.  My sire suggested he probably had allies who tracked us down, which is bad.  We decided that the note could theoretically be from anyone (even though I totally checked the handwriting).  Hopefully in 4 days I'll have fire bullets, and possibly level 1 Celerity to run away fast.  He has Celerity also, but my character doesn't know that, and I might maybe have a chance if I use that *and* go invisible with Obfuscate *and* distract him with a decent incendiary shot...

But basically I'm hoping he wants to talk, share his side.  Or maybe just beat my character up for ratting him out.

Another reason we're not reporting this is that he's our gangrel character's sire.  She's not jumping to his defense, but she doesn't want to report this either.  In fact she keeps trying to call his (presumably bugged) phone...

He didn't even bust the door down or pick it, he probably passed under as smoke.  He could plausibly even be in the room with us at any time, using obfuscate or having merged with our floor (if it works that way.  I'm avoiding studying Gangrel powers OOC).  I was saving experience for something important but I spent a lot of them on Auspex out of sheer paranoia.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The biggest problem I see with the whole hidden identity thing? None of your other party members have it.

"Oh hey, it's the big hulking orc barbarian, the snooty elf wizard and the drunken dwarf cleric from before. That's weird, didn't they have that dark brooding masked hero with them? They're walking around with the local minor nobleman now, still chatting like they're old friends."

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile

What's great is I'm gonna be a part of a gestalt campaign taking place inside a single city; I'm gonna do a rogue/stalker vigilante. Stack those sweet precision dice and charm my way out of literally every situation.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 623