Poll

What is your preferred system?

Any D&D/D20
Shadowrun
World of Darkness
Palladium
Other (feel free to post about it)

Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 623

Author Topic: Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread: COBRA!!!  (Read 849184 times)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread , Now with meaningless poll!
« Reply #4065 on: June 10, 2017, 11:17:14 am »

We've recently discovered that Darth Vader in the recent Star Wars RPG is basically Cthulhu.  He is nigh unbeatable by the players and consumes 1d6 rebel scum per turn.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4066 on: June 10, 2017, 11:20:36 am »

As it should be.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4067 on: June 10, 2017, 12:37:41 pm »

We've recently discovered that Darth Vader in the recent Star Wars RPG is basically Cthulhu.  He is nigh unbeatable by the players and consumes 1d6 rebel scum per turn.
God forbid you find something worse
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4068 on: June 10, 2017, 01:07:45 pm »

I am altering the results of the dice. Pray I do not alter them further.
Love, scriver~

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4069 on: June 10, 2017, 01:13:48 pm »

Kind of funny given that Darth Vader isn't even anywhere close to the top as far as powerful Jedi is concerned.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4070 on: June 10, 2017, 01:26:50 pm »

He's not exactly the weakest, either. In the timeframe when the Jedi are nearly extinct and the Sith rule the galaxy?

...yeah, he kinda is at the top. Better than any PC Force-user could be, anyway. The only canon Force-users that could be considered more powerful than him after the Clone Wars would be Yoda (not a PC) and the Emperor (also not a PC). Obi-wan would be an edge case.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4071 on: June 10, 2017, 01:31:00 pm »

If there are 10 tiers of Jedi/Sith... Darth Vader would be a 7.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4072 on: June 10, 2017, 01:44:07 pm »

He's not exactly the weakest, either. In the timeframe when the Jedi are nearly extinct and the Sith rule the galaxy?

...yeah, he kinda is at the top. Better than any PC Force-user could be, anyway. The only canon Force-users that could be considered more powerful than him after the Clone Wars would be Yoda (not a PC) and the Emperor (also not a PC). Obi-wan would be an edge case.
What if Obi-Wan has the high ground, though? He could beat Darth Vader no problem then, the only reason he loses in A New Hope is because they're fighting on a level surface.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4073 on: June 10, 2017, 01:48:57 pm »

Obi did become More Powerful Than You Could Ever Imagine, so really I think he wins the power contest.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4074 on: June 10, 2017, 01:52:59 pm »

He also dies in the process and sorta loses any ability to directly defeat Vader at that point, so...

What if Obi-Wan has the high ground, though? He could beat Darth Vader no problem then, the only reason he loses in A New Hope is because they're fighting on a level surface.
He's also much older than Vader. Also keep in mind, Vader was not defeated by the high ground at any other point in the OT. When Luke got above him, he just threw his lightsaber instead of trying anything stupid. He learned his lesson.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4075 on: June 10, 2017, 01:54:11 pm »

He also dies in the process and sorta loses any ability to directly defeat Vader at that point, so...

Naw Canonically he was capable of killing Vader at that exact moment due to his ghost powers. He just saw that he didn't need to act... so he didn't.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4076 on: June 10, 2017, 02:05:13 pm »

He's also much older than Vader. Also keep in mind, Vader was not defeated by the high ground at any other point in the OT. When Luke got above him, he just threw his lightsaber instead of trying anything stupid. He learned his lesson.
Usage of the high ground is a skill available only to Obi-Wan. By having the high ground, his skill increases such that any fight with him (especially with people who were his brother) is over by the time he has the high ground.

Also I was joking
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4077 on: June 10, 2017, 02:09:36 pm »

Usage of the high ground is a skill available only to Obi-Wan. By having the high ground, his skill increases such that any fight with him (especially with people who were his brother) is over by the time he has the high ground.

Also I was joking
So was I

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #4078 on: June 10, 2017, 05:01:42 pm »

At a time when most users of the Force are generally Force-sensitive at best, that is more than enough.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4079 on: June 10, 2017, 06:54:54 pm »

At a time when most users of the Force are generally Force-sensitive at best, that is more than enough.
I think considering most Jedi in that era are dead, I think it makes him automatically a 9...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 623