Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 185794 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (21/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 8: Cast Down
« Reply #840 on: June 08, 2015, 01:34:56 am »

"May contribute to ring later. Currently busy with other things."

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile

The Dwarf's lifespan is extended to around 150 years. Many Dwarven Elders get out of retirement, now feeling the effects of youth once again. (Stellarion -4E)

(You already listened to some prayers)

((
1)I am Lorash
2)I wanted to listen, but never had, since you missed my request.

You sure you can do updates daily?))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: June 08, 2015, 01:37:22 am »

Lithus/Luthus prayers responds to prayers:
Disgruntled Ant:
Perhaps it is an occasion for you to bring the change you dream of, then. If you can coordinate a large enough number of your kind, you will be able to establish yourself as a leader. I would assume your king will welcome such an initiative, as he seems to be running out of leaders. Prove yourself useful to him, and you will be able to work on creating a better world for you and your brothers and sisters in life.
I use 1 power(If I have any, otherwise Ignore this), spread over as long as it can last instead of being given in a single burst to give this ant the courage needed to perform this act.
I would ask you to temper this message Lithus. The unbound ambition of the Alphas has caused misery among my ants. Their destruction by Utther seems to have done quite some good to ant society, even if the method is not one I would have chosen.
I was under the impression that a large portion of your moon was left ungoverned. I saw this a an opportunity to restore order. And finally, the message I hoped to send to this ant was to make the changes he wished to see by himself. Sorry if I was misguided. How should I change my message?
From my observations, order is already restored, fighting being lacking without the Alphas squabbling over territory. While I am not opposed to the ant enacting change, I would prefer he not do so by amassing leadership. Have him focus on progress rather than power. His original complaints about the only thing changing being who they are fighting is already invalid, since the fighting has largely stopped and progress has happened among the ants, with them having learned architecture and basic maths.

I suggest that he focuses on becoming a scientist and researcher rather than a leader.

I have revised my answer as you asked.

Lithus/Lithus resume his discourse to the Aag nation:
I am now almost certain that Utther is planning to cause trouble again. Be prepared for his arrival, and do not hesitate to attack should he attempt anything harmful. Do not anger him needlessly if he causes no trouble.

Lithus/Luthus carefully watch Utther as he walks. use one unit of power to wreck his body if he attempts to cause harm of any kind to my creation.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: June 08, 2015, 01:38:00 am »

Their destruction by Utther seems to have done quite some good to ant society, even if the method is not one I would have chosen.
Izgamlo could swear he heard in the distance, a very faint, very old voice say "Toooooooooold you soooooooooo"
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: June 08, 2015, 01:45:34 am »

Uztot listens to prayers.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: June 08, 2015, 01:49:50 am »

Their destruction by Utther seems to have done quite some good to ant society, even if the method is not one I would have chosen.
Izgamlo could swear he heard in the distance, a very faint, very old voice say "Toooooooooold you soooooooooo"
Must have been the wind. Space wind.

Use my free time to answers what questions I can about magic for the Writhes.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 02:06:27 am by Demonic Spoon »

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: June 08, 2015, 02:34:09 am »

Create the Ring of Knowledge, the Fourth Ring of Patronius. It is a golden band encrusted with sodalite. It grants increased wisdom and intelligence. As a side effect, it also gives the bearer a hunger for knowledge; this knowledge can come in any shape or form, but would most commonly be the advancement of technology and learning. It possesses all traits of the Rings of Patronius.

Use up to 3P to locate the wisest, most knowledgeable, and intelligent mortal; appear before them (1P - make it flashy) and offer them the Ring of Knowledge (if refused, their lust for knowledge was obviously lacking; keep it for future use in that case). Also make it known who I am, and offer to become their patron god. If accepted, I will watch over them grant them strength and protection.

Appear before the human who prayed to me.
("Human: Oh, Patronius, what are we supposed to do when all our Leaders are dead!? What is this world without leadership?").Spend E an P to grant him increased intelligence, strength, and ambition. Also increase his longevity to near-immortality. Aid him (up to 3P) in becoming a powerful leader (winning wars, convincing people, etc.). "In these dark times, new leaders must rise to take the place of the old. Take your rightful place and rise above your station."

Listen to worshippers.

NOTE: Following actions are only to be done if it will not draw from my Crux (at the time of writing, don't know how much E/P/C I have).

Appear before the Sapling who prayed to me ("Sapling: Who leads plants? I must know!"). Essentially do the same thing as with the human.

Keep an eye on the Alpha; aid him (1P) subtly.
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: June 08, 2015, 05:33:10 am »

I feel tired this tick.
Listen for prayers.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: June 08, 2015, 06:45:11 am »

"Interesting events."

Listen to prayers. Also use 3 Essence to create that PM'd thing.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica

((Gah, missed yesterday because I was busy.))

Sad Ant: So, it is impossible then...are they well, at least?
Young Saplings: So, what did she say?

Moi'aaty prayers:
Human man: Rain can cause both life and death, just like you! I want to be able to make it rain whenever I want!
Dwarf Woman: What is the proper way to respect those who has passed on?
Maag Gravedigger: It is so hard to bury people in this sand! How should we deal with corpses?

To Sad Ant: Yes, their souls are well.
To Young Saplings: Well, we're not actually sure what happens when a soul dies. We have no record of any souls actually dying, and I'm not going to destroy any souls just to see what does happen.
To Human Man: Ok then. Grant the Human Man with the ability to summon a raincloud just big enough to rain on him whenever he wants it to. It will follow him around wherever he goes, even inside buildings and underground.
To Dwarf Woman: Most of the cultures I have observed honour their dead by either burying them underground, usually in coffins, or by cremating them and either scattering the ashes or keeping the ashes in urns. Ultimately however, do what you think is best.
To Maag Gravedigger: The way I see it, there are two options. The first is to invest in better shovels. The second is to build large structures and to "bury" the dead in those.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: June 08, 2015, 07:18:59 am »

To Dwarf Woman: Most of the cultures I have observed honour their dead by either burying them underground, usually in coffins, or by cremating them and either scattering the ashes or keeping the ashes in urns. Ultimately however, do what you think is best.
To Maag Gravedigger: The way I see it, there are two options. The first is to invest in better shovels. The second is to build large structures and to "bury" the dead in those.
Might I suggest an alternative? Build "towers" upon or within which the corpses are placed, so that the wolf-vultures can consume them, sending their bodies into the cycle of nature. Ritual Exposure of the Dead I believe it is called.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 07:23:12 am by Demonic Spoon »

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #851 on: June 08, 2015, 07:25:31 am »

Might I suggest an alternative? Build "towers" upon or within which the corpses are placed, so that the wolf-vultures can consume them, sending their bodies into the cycle of nature. Ritual Exposure of the Dead I believe it is called.

If it's part of the culture, then very well.

Suggest this to the relevant followers.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: June 08, 2015, 11:18:12 am »

Stellarion prayers:
Dreamborn: Space, Space! I'm gonna space! In dreams! What is it like in real space?
Maag Astronomer: These Telescopes are amazing! I wish I could see some of those bodies closer....
Dwarf Hoarder: Ack! My workshop is out of room again! I wish I had more space for inventions...

Create a human body and grant it to the dreamborn, so he can wander real space and spread the good word of space.
Give the Maag Astronomer an insight so he can build even more effective telescopes
Teach the Dwarf to break free from his possessions, so he can have all the space he wants. Furtherly teach him how to build space-saving furniture like chests, shelves and secretaries.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: June 08, 2015, 07:03:30 pm »

All of the following should only be done if it doesn't interfere with my secret actions.

1 Power for fey mood on a Human to make a fishing boat.
1 Power for fey mood on a Human to make linothorax.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: June 08, 2015, 07:38:02 pm »

Teach whichever Great Tree/group of Saplings is nearest a river how to make boats and canoes, and how to shape them from still living trees(if the latter is possible), and why they would want to make boats and canoes(fishing, travel, trade, etc.).

Create the growth magic system and teach the Saplings in the Desert it, since they're nearest the primary source of power for the growth magic system: Mana Crystals/Fruit.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 137