Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 185720 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 16.4: WHAAAAAG!
« Reply #1755 on: July 31, 2015, 02:12:25 pm »

"Also, to any gods of tech or knowledge, do you want to make a machine planet?"
"I may not be a tech god, but what kind of machine planet? What would be its purpose?"
"Pretty much, its purpose is being a machine planet.  I was thinking we could either go high-tech computerized, clockwork stuff, or perhaps magic and either or both of the above...Well, magitech."
Dammit, MORE OF YOU?! And already you're thinking up new ways to mess up the already ravaged void of the universe. Awful, just awful. If I had my power back I'd smack the hell out of all of you for even THINKING about doing more stupid things to this universe.
And clockwork planets? That noise will keep me up every night! Have some damn consideration for your elders!

"It doesn't HAVE to, there are plenty of effective soundproofing things, and I'm sure you could help install them if you want.  I'm also reasonably sure I could point people in the right direction, if there was some sort of 'where are we now' tech tree."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: July 31, 2015, 02:15:15 pm »

"It doesn't HAVE to, there are plenty of effective soundproofing things, and I'm sure you could help install them if you want.  I'm also reasonably sure I could point people in the right direction, if there was some sort of 'where are we now' tech tree."
Oh mark my words, Lithus will make sure that damn thing isn't soundproof! Hell, he'll probably delubricate it just to piss me off even more!
And I dont help install things, I'm too old for that shit!
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: July 31, 2015, 02:19:01 pm »

Oh mark my words, Lithus will make sure that damn thing isn't soundproof! Hell, he'll probably delubricate it just to piss me off even more!

"No, he will not, because I am already planning self-repair systems.  I may be somewhat driven by Rule of Cool, but I do, in fact, have a practical side."  "You don't actually have to help install, just maybe donate some Essence to the project.  I mean, I'll probably install soundproofing anyway.  But it would be nice to have more collaborators, as that lowers the costs."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: July 31, 2015, 02:23:21 pm »

Dammit, MORE OF YOU?! And already you're thinking up new ways to mess up the already ravaged void of the universe. Awful, just awful. If I had my power back I'd smack the hell out of all of you for even THINKING about doing more stupid things to this universe.
And clockwork planets? That noise will keep me up every night! Have some damn consideration for your elders!

"You are younger then the majority of us you fool. Shush now and pay respect to your elders."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: July 31, 2015, 02:25:49 pm »

"You are younger then the majority of us you fool. Shush now and pay respect to your elders."
"Heh.  Ouch."
Sigtext

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/???):IC Tick 16.4: WHAAAAAG!
« Reply #1760 on: July 31, 2015, 02:35:50 pm »

"Hmm, maybe we should do this the democratic way, no we don't have democracy, but we are gods, we need no consistency!
So all who want a high-tech robot planet, say "bot". For all who want a clockwork planet, say "Kiree". For all those who want a mix n' match of the above, say "Patrick". And for those who want magi tech, say "final!"

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: July 31, 2015, 02:48:07 pm »

"Ringo!"

Aurosseu steeples his fingers evilly.

"What are you going to do now, huh?"
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: July 31, 2015, 02:50:04 pm »

"Hmm, maybe we should do this the democratic way, no we don't have democracy, but we are gods, we need no consistency!
So all who want a high-tech robot planet, say "bot". For all who want a clockwork planet, say "Kiree". For all those who want a mix n' match of the above, say "Patrick". And for those who want magi tech, say "final!"
"...Seriously?"
"Although, all suggestions are welcome, whether in this space or privately delivered.  I will collect a list of feature requests, and requirements.  It would, however, help to know what has already been invented."
"Ringo!"

Aurosseu steeples his fingers evilly.

"What are you going to do now, huh?"
"Probably, completely ignore the irrelevant chatter."
==The List, As Of Me Editing This Post==
  • Food production.
  • Spare part supply.  IMPORTANT.
  • Artificial gravity?  Could do a hollow sphere, but that would be kind of a waste of space...
  • Maintenance.
  • Soundproofing, should there be noisy things.
  • Lots and lots of houses
  • Places to work--Possibly using smaller systems similar to how spare parts are produced to get materials?
  • Portal to the planets.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 02:54:59 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: July 31, 2015, 02:53:36 pm »

"Ringo means that I invent something to bruise a god."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: July 31, 2015, 02:56:01 pm »

"Ringo means that I invent something to bruise a god."
"Why, why, why did he have to pick the same sphere....Why..."
Sigtext

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: July 31, 2015, 03:06:25 pm »

"...am I not, then...what leads you to this conclusion...?...because I have been too slow for your liking...?...what do you consider a higher level...?...as it may be as simple a matter of that...if you mean of cultural and technological development...then do you blame me for not taking a more direct hand in it...rather than trying to allow it to grow without interference...?...I do not mind leaving the Pantheon if that is truly what both all three of you desire...I would rather not, but if we can only disagree, it might be for the best..."

"...if you desire to know how I wish to bring the world to a higher level...consider for a moment, please...that a healthy ecosystem requires a variety of inhabitants...and a burgeoning population...you think I have been wasting my time, then...? On creating Great Trees...or allowing them to grow and learn on their own...?...I do not know what effect my actions may have that I might be unaware of...I would rather not ruin their progress by fiddling too much...it is not my way...the larger the population, though...the more like ideas are to advance...the more variety within that population...the same can be said...what's more...do you mean the worlds themselves...or those who inhabit them...?...I would very much like to hear what reasons you have to believe a god of Growth...would be uninterested in raising up the world...because I seek to find ways to invest and to safeguard myself and my creations...?...perhaps it is precisely because I cannot fathom what it is that would truly lead to such a conclusion...that is the problem itself...and if that is so... then you have my apologies, friend...but I cannot make a rebuttal to what I do not know..."

"...I will decline, for the moment...to continue speaking of the three...as I believe that we have come to as much of an agreement...as we ever will..."

Neither I or the other members of the pantheon are conspiring against you, rest assured. I wished to know if you really had the same objective as we have. I suppose that your way of acting is less visible than direct actions, but it seems you do have the same wish as we have, now that you present it in this way. I am sorry of doubting of you. The current situation did not help... I need to take a break from this mess.

Teburshe, you are again centering all around yourself....I am not this hasty in my judgements....If you believe I am wrong, then by all means bring your arguments, I am open to changing my mind.
Aurosseu bursts into roaring laughter, rolling on the 'floor' of the Assembly.

I can see that you bring the same highly valued and helpful input as always, aurroseu. I should probably stop expecting any more coming from you.

Building spaceships and a technological planet? Finally something constructive to do. I will gladly help in any way I can. I would only request that the technology developed as part of this project be available to every mortal. For the choice, I vote for every single option. We shouldn't limit ourselves to a narrow category.

Dgetga, I have been meaning to develop the steam engine for a while, something I would've already done if not of mavnon and co. Would you be interested in working with me toward it's creation and spread? And while I have your attention, would you be interested in joining our pantheon? Anyone that want to contribute to make this place better is welcome.

Oh look, even utther came to say hello in his own special way.
I am not interested in angering you for the sake of angering you. If you harm anything you will pay but in the meantime I couldn't care less about you and your constant complaints.

I wouldn't recommend the two of you do be scared of him. He talks a lot and act little, and when he does he is quickly punished.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: July 31, 2015, 03:13:24 pm »

*looks at the blue-glow-text-god* "Indeed I would, on both counts."
((Sorry, don't know names yet.))
Sigtext

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: July 31, 2015, 03:24:15 pm »

((The name is Lithus for the white/blue text and Luthus for the black/gray one. It's fine if you forget, I always did when I first joined. Here's the character sheet list if you ever need to remember someone's name. I think there's also a link in the OP of either this thread or the OOC one.))

Good. I will notify my pantheon immediately. We will bring you our decision as soon as it is done, I don't see any reason for you to be refused so far but I do not want to start making decisions for the pantheon without their input. As for the steam engine, we will have to wait a bit before, I urgently need to finish a few things before I can get involved in another project.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: July 31, 2015, 03:41:05 pm »

"Heh.  Ouch."
I'll smack the shit out of both you damn kids.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: July 31, 2015, 03:45:36 pm »

"Heh.  Ouch."
I'll smack the shit out of both you damn kids.
"You have less net income."
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 137