Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 334362 times)

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Tourist Trap
« Reply #240 on: June 24, 2015, 02:01:45 am »

((So when do I come in?))
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 02:47:55 am by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 24, 2015, 03:25:31 am »

Continue drooling on self silently as Xankarvo pushes us into the town hall.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 24, 2015, 04:26:54 am »

((Watch for description of your character to show up in turns, then try to get party's attention))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #243 on: June 24, 2015, 11:13:17 am »

You said you wanted to be in an open area, flame grilling a salmon. So you're in the big vacant lot that is the Stump RV park. Until they go there, you're stuck.  Unless you want to reconsider your positioning.

Continue drooling on self silently as Xankarvo pushes us into the town hall.
Welp, let's get going into the damn place, come on.

Prod/shove/harass everyone out of the car and into city hall.

Well, you two end up in city hall at least; a pyromaniac and a brain dead body builder, you should run for office~

The city hall is a simple building on the inside, a large tiled lobby with smaller offices radiating off of it and a front desk sitting near the front doors, with a rather pleasant looking...one of those people things seated at it. It's very quiet in here, just the sound of dead air and the occasional squeak of a chair or soft clatter of papers being shuffled. It's oddly cool as well, even moreso then outside, like they've got the AC way up.

- I'll go get some stuff, see y'all at that Echo Diner in an hour or so, 'kay?

John jumps out of the car and starts speeding towards general store.
Go see if that general store has cigarettes. Or needles.
The general store is a good half block away from where you parked the car...in the middle of the street.  The townspeople stare at you out of their windows and storefronts, smiling and seeming really quite happy to see you.  The general store itself is a tallish building, quite thin and long, and of a ruddy red color like old clay. Large windows display sale signs that are so sunrotted that they must be decades old, if not more, and the stuff on display is quite random, though much more well maintained. Inside you find a fairly dimly lit building with walls covered in shelves of general groceries and various odds and ends, as well as large table displays of similar things, and baskets of cheap items like screws, bolts, various fruits and clothes hangers stacked in the corners. It all smells of old wood and slightly damp cardboard. The shop keeper is standing behind the counter, beaming at you over his cash register.

You find cigarettes, all lined up like dominoes on one shelf. They're oddly displayed though, there are dozens of brands and they're all randomly mixed together with no coherent pattern. There are needles too, of various kinds; sewing, knitting, even a few hypodermics. These are more organized, though only by size, not by purpose. You don't see any prices anywhere, and you're not even sure what they'd ask for as  currency.

Stay in car. Ken doesn't trust these townsfolk.
You sulk in the car, holding your arm and glancing about suspiciously.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 24, 2015, 11:25:54 am »

You said you wanted to be in an open area, flame grilling a salmon. So you're in the big vacant lot that is the Stump RV park. Until they go there, you're stuck.  Unless you want to reconsider your positioning.

((Ah, the dilemma of the optional recruitable character.))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 24, 2015, 11:29:57 am »

Look for jugs of water, or cannisters with any liquid, gas, perhaps. Also look for guns. If I cannot find those, ask the keeper if he has any. If any of those are found, ask him what usually goes as payment around here, since no price tags. If he has neither, ask if there is another place in town where one can obtain mentioned items. Then ask if there is a place in town where one could get a car.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 24, 2015, 02:27:22 pm »

Golgon approached the centrally-seated individual.

"Greetings! We are travelers. We have been told there is an individual here who can more properly explain this place and its history."

Talk to the thing!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 24, 2015, 04:15:12 pm »

Stay quiet, don't die.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #248 on: June 24, 2015, 08:00:19 pm »

Look for jugs of water, or cannisters with any liquid, gas, perhaps. Also look for guns. If I cannot find those, ask the keeper if he has any. If any of those are found, ask him what usually goes as payment around here, since no price tags. If he has neither, ask if there is another place in town where one can obtain mentioned items. Then ask if there is a place in town where one could get a car.
You look around. There's a shelf full of large ceramic and glass jars of various kinds, most which look like they had some other purpose at some point and were just emptied and cleaned out. They don't have anything in them right now, but they would hold liquids, if you could get some. There's an empty, red metal jerry can in one corner of the room, and a bunch of what look like glass bottles of soda or some other drink lined up on one shelf. You don't see any fire arms or weapons of any kind beyond some kitchen knives and various gardening tools that might be easily re-purposed into murdering implements.

You ask the guy behind the counter what he normally takes as payment and he seems, well, a bit confused. He asks you what you mean.

You change the subject and ask him where you can get water and guns. He tells you that you can get water from the sink in the back, if you want it. As per guns, he says that the only place that would sell firearms would probably be the junk shop. He adds, confusingly, that the junk shop is the only store with new stock.

Golgon approached the centrally-seated individual.

"Greetings! We are travelers. We have been told there is an individual here who can more properly explain this place and its history."

Talk to the thing!

The thing at the desk, a younger looking thing then the one you talked to before, nods emphatically and runs off away from the desk and into an office in the back. After a few moments it returns, following along behind another being like it. This one is larger then it, though only in height. It is still quite skinny, but it has an appearance that is subtly different then the others, almost a bit more human looking, or at least mammalian. It's wearing a pair of dress slacks, a dress shirt, a vest and tie, and looks straight out of a 50's sitcom, albeit without the the constantly smoldering tobacco pipe and obsessively obedient housewife.

"So, You're visitors hm? It's been quite a while since we've seen so many like you. Tell me, what is it you want to know?" The leader thing says in a warm, stentorian voice.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 24, 2015, 11:54:58 pm »

"Why does everyone here look so similar, no offense intended? Why is everyone so happy to see travelers? Who were the Forefathers and what did they do to found this place?"

Words words words.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 24, 2015, 11:58:40 pm »

Ask what the shopkeeper wants for a few packs of cigarettes and some syringes.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 25, 2015, 12:00:42 am »

Be silent, look around to judge how easily I could set this place on fire if need be. Don't actually do it though.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 25, 2015, 12:47:18 am »

John puts jerry can, a largest jar to be found and an empty soda bottle on the counter.

- I would like to take these with me. They will be very handy after my friends and me finish our visit to your hospitable town of... Slencville, right? -  and will journey on. I would like, however, to give you something in return, for that is the custom of the place I came from.
Sigs

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 25, 2015, 03:58:28 am »

Continue skulking in car. Get in drivers seat. Just in case.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #254 on: June 25, 2015, 10:06:48 am »

Ask what the shopkeeper wants for a few packs of cigarettes and some syringes.
He again seems confused.

"You are a real person. You may have them, if you want them."

John puts jerry can, a largest jar to be found and an empty soda bottle on the counter.

- I would like to take these with me. They will be very handy after my friends and me finish our visit to your hospitable town of... Slencville, right? -  and will journey on. I would like, however, to give you something in return, for that is the custom of the place I came from.

"If thats what you would like to do, I will do it." The man-looking being says, smiling. He seems almost not to understand what the concept of a shop is.

Continue skulking in car. Get in drivers seat. Just in case.
You sit in the car and wait for someone to attack.

Be silent, look around to judge how easily I could set this place on fire if need be. Don't actually do it though.
You think you could set it on fire pretty easily, though it might take a while to spread. You don't see any of those nice, flammable synthetic fabrics. Man, curtains made out of those go up like flash paper, it's wonderful.

"Why does everyone here look so similar, no offense intended? Why is everyone so happy to see travelers? Who were the Forefathers and what did they do to found this place?"

Words words words.
"We are Hellborn, born here, from the union of two like yourself, lifeborn. We have no other incarnation before, and many believe we will have no incarnation after this one. I am a 5th generation of hellborn, as are most others here; I suppose that is why we all appear similar. We are happy to see you, because you are a Real being, one descended from the lofty planes of life to dwell in this place for all time, immortal and free. Beings like you created our town, created us. But there seem to be so few like you here, we rarely see them, so their presence is something to be celebrated."
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 241