Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 336050 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Mobile Home
« Reply #1110 on: October 02, 2015, 02:30:20 pm »

"Do you know if he ever reached the First Heaven? For that matter, is there a difference between heaven and hell?"

Big questions!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: October 02, 2015, 02:57:49 pm »

"I'll keep an eye out for your brethren, then. Do they look similar to you?"

More talking.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: October 02, 2015, 04:17:13 pm »

Ask the Lupines if perhaps some of them are feeling bored enough to come with us. After all, god hates them and they have to die someday, so why not die while doing interesting things instead of eking out an existence in this inhospitable land? We've got plenty of room on the warbeast, and this supply of food and drink can easily feed us as well as any hangers-on.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: October 02, 2015, 08:16:11 pm »

((Should ask PW what the troop capacity of the warbeast is in the first place, beside implied roominess.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1114 on: October 02, 2015, 09:34:56 pm »

- So it's a deal. Very well! But before we depart with the goods, Mr. Bird, could you ask them if any of their people want to come with us? Maybe somebody has severe wanderlust, or maybe they would like to send someone away for a long time for whatever reason.

Pass on the weapons, acquire mentioned supplies and load them carefully into the jeep. Make sure we carry them safely, make several trips there and back if necessary. When done, make sure everyone is in the car and start off a trip back to the woods, to home-sweet-destructive-mobile-home.

I like the idea in it's way, but I think I'd prefer to keep things as they are. Because there are definite benefits to having characters come in from the civs you visit. Namely, it's a way to get information on the area since I can give those players inside info that they would know.  Like Mr.Bird's ability to speak the Lupine language, for instance.
((That's a good point - it is extremely convenient to get info on what we're dealing with in this particular place via not dangerous interaction))

It takes three trips in all, even when you completely pack the jeep.  You'll, well, not you, but the others, will be eating smoked and salted meat, dried fruit, and jam for quite a while. Not to mention about 5 casks of some sort of booze. You wonder, idly, if the booze is a high enough proof to count as fuel. Hmm.

We'll assume you get all this stuff back to the War Beast and that you and the rest get it hauled up and strapped down in the main building.

"Do you know if he ever reached the First Heaven? For that matter, is there a difference between heaven and hell?"

Big questions!
"I do not know. I do not know if such a thing even exists.  The distinction is sometimes hard to make. Those places which are the home of gods are generally called heavens, while those that lack them are hells. Though gods are not always so easy to find, and often their realms may not be so benevolent.  This is a heaven."

"I'll keep an eye out for your brethren, then. Do they look similar to you?"

More talking.
"I can not say. Engine spirits have no definite form. We are life breathed into the lifeless, and we may spread ourselves out as we please. They may look like me, they may have taken up residence in something totally foreign.  It's why I dislike this pseudoflesh. It's only partially lifeless. And far to large for myself alone to control easily. But I can handle walking."

Ask the Lupines if perhaps some of them are feeling bored enough to come with us. After all, god hates them and they have to die someday, so why not die while doing interesting things instead of eking out an existence in this inhospitable land? We've got plenty of room on the warbeast, and this supply of food and drink can easily feed us as well as any hangers-on.
They politely decline. They don't seem the adventurous sort. At least not these full grown ones. If you remember right, by the time they reach this size, they're actually quite old.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: October 02, 2015, 10:19:35 pm »

"So with more engine spirits, we could have a fully controlled war machine? Can you sense other engine spirits if we get near them?"

More asking of things.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: October 02, 2015, 10:25:49 pm »

"I've a way to fix that particular issue of if it exists or not. But that'll have to wait until we encounter another group of people.
How would you rate our chances as of now of defeating this realm's god? Also, how powerful are gods typically? Do they have abilities of any sort, or do they vary?"
Sig! Onol

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: October 03, 2015, 05:05:55 am »

John gets to the driver's seat of the Warbeast, where he finds Tarmac and Xankarvo having a conversation with engine spirit.

- So you were having a good time, I see. Now let me try out a thing - be careful.

Take the drivers seat. Figure out the controls. If there are means to control Warbeasts actions beyond walking directions, try ripping some dead tree from the ground and seeing if I can put large objects on the back of the beast and back on the ground. Be extra careful to not damage the buildings while doing that.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 09:34:54 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: October 03, 2015, 05:15:06 am »

"Don't be trying anything too complex, the engine spirit says we need more of its kind to do that."
Sig! Onol

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: October 03, 2015, 05:22:26 am »

- I'm pretty sure the person who sat there and wore all the fancy clothing was here exactly to perform finer manipulations than just walking and stuff. Anyhow, I'll be careful. Ideally, I would like to put the jeep on his back and them fix it there.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: October 03, 2015, 06:45:11 am »

Watch the skies. Anything interesting?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: October 03, 2015, 10:10:48 am »

Get comfy and watch the horizon. Meditate on the situation I find myself in.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: October 03, 2015, 06:23:01 pm »

See if any of our remaining armor would fit me.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: October 04, 2015, 04:50:42 pm »

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: October 04, 2015, 04:56:14 pm »

I made some derpy fanart, by the way.

((Neat! I like how you put actual quotes from characters under their depictions. I think you nailed it with each one. And the depictions are pretty good.))
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 04:59:52 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 241