Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 334418 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Rock the Boat
« Reply #2445 on: June 23, 2016, 02:30:35 am »

Chop down some more trees. Keep an eye out for tasty stuff or shiny things to be distracted by.    
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: June 23, 2016, 04:51:54 am »

"Dave! Dave! Dave! Dave! Dave!" Sebastian chants. "Yeeeeeee HAAAAA! Pain is gain, buddy. We're on the road to greatness now!"

Sebastian attempts to convince Dave of the value of pain as an aid to growth, and believes really, really hard, that the broken horn will look 'cool.' he continues to point Dave in the direction of any audience we can locate.
[2]
...What were you doing again?

Apparently I was getting distracted and following the group up onto the mesa. So I follow the group up onto the mesa.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: June 24, 2016, 10:57:57 am »

Scout about around the warbeast for small, cookable prey. Preferably small, cookable prey that isn't named Dave, that is.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: June 25, 2016, 07:51:09 am »

Search for food sources.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2449 on: June 25, 2016, 01:22:43 pm »

This time lift up... 25 nails, a small assortment of weapons, and carefully bring our explosive rocks.
Along with the food and water, this is the extent of what we're willing to trade. Let's see what they're offering in return.

Done.

In Return the man offers a few things. Food, water, some strange totems, weapons made of a dark blue rainbow specked crystaline material that seem brittle but horrifically sharp, various bits of clothing, and something he calls "The Voice of the People"

"I am Xankarvo the Grand, a mighty wizard when I was alive, and greater still now that I am dead. I am the sole remaining holder of a pact made in the 88,888,888th hell - to find the First Heaven, and usurp the First God, so I may remake the afterlife as I see fit, and unravel the very secrets of creation. Do you and your tribe possess any resources that may aid us on this journey, or people that would wish to accompany us on this journey? Our path is a harsh one, but as I understand it your people value disfigurement, and I know ways to mutate the body that I can offer if you accompany me."

Offer the dude's tribe minion status in exchange for mutation and stuff.

Also don't forget I have a lobster arm, that's probably a thing the dude approves of too.

The man seems very approving of your looks but he is skeptical of your power. He says that mutilation is a special thing, that the people do in very specific ways. He talks about "Balance" a great deal. And he speaks of the power of the voice of the people, and how it would no doubt surpass your power.

"Oh bummer." Ryans shoulder's drop a bit fore perking up again. "Do you know where I can find some? I guess I could settle on spare brains too."

Pestering uglies for info.
"There are some creatures around here. A river runs through the valley a short distance from here," He points to the southwest "where creatures live. If you wish for their flesh, you will find them there."

Circle around the warbeast, watching for any thieves or murderers who might be approaching.
No sign of anyone dangerous...besides your teammates. Not even others from other settlements on the mesas.

Chop down some more trees. Keep an eye out for tasty stuff or shiny things to be distracted by.    
[1]
You swing at the tree but miss by an inch and the momentum of the swing causes you to stumble forward, face first into the tree. You knock out several teeth and end up bloody on the ground.

"Dave! Dave! Dave! Dave! Dave!" Sebastian chants. "Yeeeeeee HAAAAA! Pain is gain, buddy. We're on the road to greatness now!"

Sebastian attempts to convince Dave of the value of pain as an aid to growth, and believes really, really hard, that the broken horn will look 'cool.' he continues to point Dave in the direction of any audience we can locate.
[2]
...What were you doing again?

Apparently I was getting distracted and following the group up onto the mesa. So I follow the group up onto the mesa.
Done

Scout about around the warbeast for small, cookable prey. Preferably small, cookable prey that isn't named Dave, that is.
I'll assume you hear the talk from up above about good hunting grounds near a river valley to the southwest of here.

Search for food sources.
Simillar to above. Water is source of all foods after all.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: June 25, 2016, 01:33:27 pm »

Wander over to the mesa man and say the following:

"You said something about creatures. Why kind of creatures are we talking about?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: June 25, 2016, 01:41:06 pm »

Xankarvo briefly clenches his fists at the challenge to his power, a few sparks flying from his teeth as he clenches them, but he relaxes. He can awe them after he finds and steals what makes their power powerful.

"Tell me more about this 'voice of the people'. What is this balance you speak of?

Gain info about local magical customs.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: June 25, 2016, 01:46:40 pm »

((I feel like I have to say this, voice of the people=Shouts from Skyrim! Quick one of you reptilian foke learn it. Be a true Dova!))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: June 25, 2016, 04:22:42 pm »

Might these totems be magical in nature? Might they be related to sound?
Look out for a snazzy hat to put on my skull. And find a more impressive hat to stick on Xankarvo's dome.
Also inquire as to if the Voice of the People can be carried.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 03:09:45 am by Egan_BW »
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: June 25, 2016, 04:25:42 pm »

Might these totems be magical in nature? Might they be related to sound?
Look out for a snazzy hat to put on my skull. And find a big ol' wizard hat to stick on Xankarvo's dome.

Already got my robe and wizard hat
Sig! Onol

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: June 25, 2016, 04:39:58 pm »

((I seem to have forgotten that you already had a wizard hat. Still though, as our party's wizard, it's your responsibility to look as impressive as possible.))
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: June 25, 2016, 04:54:32 pm »

((I seem to have forgotten that you already had a wizard hat. Still though, as our party's wizard, it's your responsibility to look as impressive as possible.))
((Double wizard hat? Double wizard hat.))
Sig! Onol

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: June 25, 2016, 09:44:54 pm »

"Voice of the people? I like the sound of that. I'll take it!"
Sebastian grabs a small brittle knife from the trade offering (he can manipulate things like those cats in internet videos do) and pokes through the rest for the thing called the voice of the people (pokes with his nose and whiskers, not with the knife)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: June 26, 2016, 02:52:47 am »

Wander over to the mesa man and say the following:

"You said something about creatures. Why kind of creatures are we talking about?"
"Yeah, are they strong? Strong hearts are best hearts!" Details
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: June 26, 2016, 03:54:40 am »

Fly over the other mesas. Do they all look freshly inhabited, or are some abandoned?
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 241