Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 336051 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.
« Reply #3300 on: March 01, 2017, 07:36:56 pm »

((I suppose Sebastian could attempt to summon a really big spiked ball in the giant hand's fist. Might be problematic though, considering that's where the warbeast is.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: March 01, 2017, 07:43:25 pm »

((I suppose Sebastian could attempt to summon a really big spiked ball in the giant hand's fist. Might be problematic though, considering that's where the warbeast is.))
No worries, I've got an !!idea!!

I have returned! Both from the depths of my psyche and from various errands. Time to enact a probably-stupid action that is nonetheless less stupid than what I accidentally did. Or perhaps far more stupid, but fuck it, if I'm dying I'm going out killing everything in the vicinity.

Firstly, grab Engine Spirit, seeing as one way or another the warbeast probably won't exist for much longer. Put the 'annihilate everything in the vicinity' note in the shell, though don't crush it. If I die via squishy or droppy, it'll probably break and thus activate it anyway, so post-mortem revenge will be got.

Then attempt an Act Of Faith: set everything (and I mean everything around me not me, the engine spirit, or the various books and other things I have) on fire, and channel that flame to burn the fuck out of the hand thing. While also not harming ... well, anyone who believes in me, particularly the most-beautiful dudes. My Fires Protect The Faithful or whatever. Hopefully this'll burn up some of the flesh of the hand, which I can then gain power from and use it to further burninate it.

Hopefully the most-beautiful guys start singing a song about me to help or something, I need as much faith as I can get for this.

*insert clip from Fire by Arthur Brown here*
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: March 01, 2017, 07:53:28 pm »

"This is insaaaaane!"

Tag along, but take a few sips of water and spit them into the flame to hopefully increase the amount of fire.

First thought was abandoning ship, but it's a couple hundred feet up, and I doubt birdman can carry me down.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: March 02, 2017, 10:36:32 am »

Try to help build the flame. I WANT TO LIVE.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3304 on: March 02, 2017, 05:47:46 pm »

I never got on the warbeast. Nopenosiree.
Move sideways, away from the giant hand's front. Look around the city for signs that might point towards a shop.

[2]
You float away from all that garbage back there and instead look for some sort of sign that might lead to a local marketplace where you can get a nice drill to bore into your brain with. Unfortunately you find no such sign. You don't even find an entrance around the base.

"I'm sure they can figure out their differences on their own."

Were there any people about? See if they're ill-disposed to us at all.
The only people around are those in the windows a few stories up from the ground. And those strange, ghostly beings seem to lack any sort of emotion at all, judging from their faces. They are defintely focused on the warbeast right now though, so they're significantly less ill-disposed about YOU comparatively.

Sebastian climbs the hand. Can't squish or hurl violently into the ground what clings to your back. He then addresses the crowd once more:

as you can see, ladies, gentlemen, guests and friends! We merry travelers sure do make for some great entertainment! Singing! Dancing! Interacting with teh mighty and abominations alike! We do it all1 Wonders? Adventures? Excitement? You name it! We bring it! We have warriors! we have acrobats! We have illusionists and prestidigitators! Be amazed! be astounded! Be entertained! All we ask in return is a small fee. Negligible really! Anything works. Just place it in a pile near the stage. We'll collect it after the show!

Sebastian attempts to attrct as much attention as possible.
[6]

You climb up on the hand and begin shouting. I cannot, in good taste, reproduce what you shouted here. Suffice to say it was a  vile slurry of swears and racial epithets that  draws the attention of every single ghostly person in the tower. Even the hand stops, shocked and frozen by your sheer vulgarity.

[Hyenglish oaths]

While the hand thing is busy killing everybody, drop to all fours and make a break for the nearest cloud wall.

[6] The closest cloudwall is the one between this hell and the one you were just in, the idol henge. So you sprint that way. Its not a long run at all. Only a few hundred feet really and you suddenly find yourself back in that hell, very much out of breath.

Try to help build the flame. I WANT TO LIVE.
"This is insaaaaane!"

Tag along, but take a few sips of water and spit them into the flame to hopefully increase the amount of fire.

First thought was abandoning ship, but it's a couple hundred feet up, and I doubt birdman can carry me down.
No worries, I've got an !!idea!!

I have returned! Both from the depths of my psyche and from various errands. Time to enact a probably-stupid action that is nonetheless less stupid than what I accidentally did. Or perhaps far more stupid, but fuck it, if I'm dying I'm going out killing everything in the vicinity.

Firstly, grab Engine Spirit, seeing as one way or another the warbeast probably won't exist for much longer. Put the 'annihilate everything in the vicinity' note in the shell, though don't crush it. If I die via squishy or droppy, it'll probably break and thus activate it anyway, so post-mortem revenge will be got.

Then attempt an Act Of Faith: set everything (and I mean everything around me not me, the engine spirit, or the various books and other things I have) on fire, and channel that flame to burn the fuck out of the hand thing. While also not harming ... well, anyone who believes in me, particularly the most-beautiful dudes. My Fires Protect The Faithful or whatever. Hopefully this'll burn up some of the flesh of the hand, which I can then gain power from and use it to further burninate it.

Hopefully the most-beautiful guys start singing a song about me to help or something, I need as much faith as I can get for this.

*insert clip from Fire by Arthur Brown here*
Now the question is simple.

Who has FAITH in Xan?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: March 02, 2017, 05:50:12 pm »

Mr. Bird is fairly sure Xan is just a random asshole gaming a strangely exploitable system and wouldn't be dissatisfied to see him crushed under the weight of his ambition, preferably in an ironic fashion.

He does, however, hope with all of his heart that Dave will make it out of this alive. He surely couldn't die, could he? He's a lovely drunken triceratops who's never hurt anybody that somebody legitimately cared about.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: March 02, 2017, 06:53:49 pm »

I think we all know that Sebastian barely believes in anything for more than a few minutes at a time. At this point, he's probably forgotten that Xan even exists. He's much to busy drawing attention to worry about that.

On that note, now that Sebastian has their attention, he addresses the crowd and the hand:

That's more like it. Put us down near your best venue. The stage better have good lighting, and your sound system best be up to snuff. Dive bars and folk music festivals have their place, but this is the Grand Tour! Now, our trailer has seen better days, so get some carpenters up to work on that - we'll deduct the expense from the final fee - and i need a brush girl! You got that? Now, spread the news! Tell your friends, your family, coworkers and companions. It's magic time!

Basically Sebastian is trying to convince the inhabitants of this place to exchange goods for services. Entertainment mostly.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3307 on: March 02, 2017, 06:58:15 pm »

Yellow finds it obvious that Xanny is the most stable and measured member of the party. Besides herself, of course. He also happens to shoot fire a lot, which indicates a severe lack of stability and general sanity. If allowed to continue on his current track, he'll probably end up either a god or a charred corpse. Therefore it's a good idea to stick around him and benefit from his power, but get far away when either of the above end states begin to happen.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: March 02, 2017, 07:46:16 pm »

Xan is kind of an oddball, but he clearly has some powers of fire.  He seemed to get in good with the Most Beautiful, who is far and away the most powerful being Dave knows.  If Xan can be friends with the Most Beautiful, he must have something going for him.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: March 02, 2017, 11:43:41 pm »

Ryan has faith in just about anything you tell him. These guys are awesome. But then again so is that big hand, even more so because it's BIG. Ryan would go nibble it if his leg wasn't broken. I need to do something about that.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3310 on: March 02, 2017, 11:49:31 pm »

I'm going to remind everybody that Xankarvo brought Hyenakles back from death via that weird flame ritual. So he does have some faith in him, generally speaking. That being said, Hyenakles isn't exactly confident in Xan's control of his powers, and he's definitely not counting on anybody who was on the warbeast when he left to make it out of there alive.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: March 03, 2017, 03:50:55 am »

I suppose it doesn't count that Xan has faith in himself? *hedging the bet as much as physically possible*

Well, hopefully those tribespeople believe their god's bullshit about me.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: March 03, 2017, 05:56:42 am »

DIANNE BELIEVES BECAUSE SHE IS DESPERATE.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3313 on: March 03, 2017, 04:42:56 pm »

((I'm not a player, but I believe in Xan's abilities of intentional and/or unintentional mass destruction and/or distraction. Plus his tendency to overshoot.

EDIT: And I really like fire and explosions. I don't know if that counts for anything.))
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 04:46:01 pm by Parisbre56 »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: March 03, 2017, 05:50:21 pm »

((I'm not a player, but I believe in Xan's abilities of intentional and/or unintentional mass destruction and/or distraction. Plus his tendency to overshoot.

EDIT: And I really like fire and explosions. I don't know if that counts for anything.))
((Me too.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 241